Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help Fast B16 EG Wont Start!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Fast B16 EG Wont Start!!!!!!

Ok so here is my problem, My girlfriend has a 94 Eg Hatch and over the past week the car has been giving us some problems as far as starting. A couple of times we would go out to the car to leave and when I turn the key to start the car it does nothing. After a few retires it finally managed to start up and would work fine. Now today I went out to leave and it is doing the same thing except for this time it still has not started after dozens of attempts. I know its not the battery because the car has power. I am leaning toward it being the starter because its the only other logical issue. But here is the one thing that throws me off, when you turn the key to start the car it makes the click sound like the starter. Any suggestions ???
Old 01-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need Help Fast B16 EG Wont Start!!!!!! (kydragger)

does the motor crank? does it run fine if you push start it? are the headlights bright with the car off?
Old 01-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help Fast B16 EG Wont Start!!!!!! (dantastic)

If by 'nothing' you mean the car isn't cranking at all I would check the ignition switch.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well as far as push starting it I have not tried because the car is pulled into a downward parking spot. And when I say nothing I mean when I push the clutch in and turn the key you can hear the fuel pump and one click sound which seems to be the starter and thats all I get. But Like I said before it has been doing this over the past week and most of the time before this it would start after like 7 times or trying....
Old 01-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Need Help Fast B16 EG Wont Start!!!!!! (Spoolin93si)

Does the starter just click or does the motor actually turn over and just not start. Check your fuses, grounds, starter connection, see if your fuel pump primes before starting the car, and try push starting the car. Could just be your starter going out, or could be an ignition problem, or a variety of other things
Old 01-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help Fast B16 EG Wont Start!!!!!! (kydragger)

try checking battery terminals if they are loose then your car will not start but it WILL show voltage and click. worth a check anywayz just hit the batt. terms w/ a #10 socket
Old 01-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help Fast B16 EG Wont Start!!!!!! (93eg27)

Ok so here is some more ****. I went back out and was checking all of the fuses and connections and everything was good. So i then just got in the car and kept on trying to get it to start well like 20 tries later it started right up. Well I took the car out for a ride and was waiting out side of Target on my girlfriend so I kept the car running. After setting there for like 10 minutes or so I started to smell something hot or burning and noticed that the car was over heating. So i finally said **** it and turned the car back off. I let it set for like 10 more minutes and decided to try and start it again. Well this time it started right up but died instantly, so I did it again and it did the same thing. So now I was freaking out thinking I maybe had cracked the block somehow. Well I pop the hood and check around and I noticed a small amout over radiator overflow on the ground so I put my fingers it it. Well by doing this I noticed that the radiator had been filled with water and when I checked it there was nothing left. Well I let the car set for like 30 more minutes filled up the radiator and next thing I know the car started up and is now running fine. We also had thought that the heater core had gone bad because we had no heat which is now also working....... anyone ever had something like this happen