Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help : EG Front Upper Arms

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help : EG Front Upper Arms

i'd just replaced my front upper arms which i bought it from junk shop (recond parts shop). the bolt joints really good in condition (damn FIT, like new), but it 2 nos of bush rusty. after installed front upper arms and stock absorber, front & rear (also from recond parts shop), there is wrecking sound comes from my front bonnet while driving (nyet...nyet...nyetttt...just like my spring sway)..and my suspension a bit bumpy rather than my previous KONI short stroke fully adjustable. this situation not very comfort to me for daily driving...i change my suspension from KONI short stroke to stock suspension for comfortability. but it regret me...anybody got experinec on this?..is my problem is just change that bushing from front upper arms?...

and 2nd problem is kloking sound, quite loud, just like some metal wanna broke into 2...this sound happen while i'm stop. during stop situation, and i pull my steering to the left or right and start accelerate...noisy KLOK sound will appear. but this sound not appear while car already move and i pull my steering to the right / left. anybody got htis experience...this problem happen for quite sometimes...and i did throw so much money to change some parts trying to make this problem settle..but still exist...
Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody
Old 06-30-2008, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gamakichi77)

pulling to left and right? Alignment problem

clunking when stopping? loose bolts on brakes

clinking when driving from bonnet? loose bolts on top or bottom of new suspension.

hopefully this helps.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:04 AM

Default Re: (davefromPA)

well not quite sure but what i did on my EG and EK civic for upper control arms is keep the bolts loose then jack up the suspension so the weight is on the spindle, THEN tighten the bolts....

what might be happening is your bushings where bolted in with full suspension droop and with the wheel moving up alot further on the weight of the car... well its hard on the rubber/steel bushings if it hasnt already torn them around...

i know the EG upper control arms are a huge PITA to tighten fully thank goodness they fixed that PITA on the EK civics!