Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help!!!! ECU Code #7 Throttle Position Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!!! ECU Code #7 Throttle Position Sensor

Has anyone ever experience with this code. I counted 7 blinks and looked up what code #7 was and it was the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)...I need to smog the car and the check engine light is on...Can someone help me out please...What do I need to do to fix the sensor...Where is the sensor located...
Old 03-03-2003, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Need Help!!!! ECU Code #7 Throttle Position Sensor (igone916)

The sensor is mounted on the back of the throttle body. However it is mounted with riveted screws. Normally you would have to replace the whole throttle body just to get the sensor. You can take a dremel or some other handheld cutter to cut a lone throught the rivet so that you can stick a flathead screwdriver and unscrew it. Next you have to find a sensor. Junkyards are a place to get a used throttlebody or you can check ebay where people did the dirty work for you and took their old ones off. Had the same problem and a friend gave me his off a d16z6 for my JDM b16a 1G. So almost any honda TPS sensor should work.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help!!!! ECU Code #7 Throttle Position Sensor (Sivicfied)

Hey do you have a picture of where the sensor is...I cannot picture where the sensor is located...Also do u think if you replace the sensor, that will fix the code #7....

The sensor is mounted on the back of the throttle body. However it is mounted with riveted screws. Normally you would have to replace the whole throttle body just to get the sensor. You can take a dremel or some other handheld cutter to cut a lone throught the rivet so that you can stick a flathead screwdriver and unscrew it. Next you have to find a sensor. Junkyards are a place to get a used throttlebody or you can check ebay where people did the dirty work for you and took their old ones off. Had the same problem and a friend gave me his off a d16z6 for my JDM b16a 1G. So almost any honda TPS sensor should work.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Cav

Default Re: Need Help!!!! ECU Code #7 Throttle Position Sensor (igone916)

i got the hole throotle body unit off a older ef

could possibley be for sale

whatever u do dont go to the dealership they want like 650 canadain for it