Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help With Dome Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Dome Light

Ok, apparently it is the small things that are a pain in the a$$...

The dome light on my '94 DX doesn't work. I've tried the slider in all of the positions and it doesn't come on when the front doors are open. I've looked through the fuses and can't find one that is blown but there are several empty slots. So I'm wondering if the fuse is just missing...but I'm not sure what slot it is supposed to be in.

Other problems that I've found is the radio (factory) doesn't have any working lights and there is not a working headlight warning buzzer. Not sure if those problems would be related on this car or not. Just need to know where to start looking and testing.

Thanks,

Derek
Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do any of your other instruments have working lights (ie, cluster and climate control)?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Need Help With Dome Light (PushnFords)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PushnFords &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, apparently it is the small things that are a pain in the a$$...

The dome light on my '94 DX doesn't work. I've tried the slider in all of the positions and it doesn't come on when the front doors are open. I've looked through the fuses and can't find one that is blown but there are several empty slots. So I'm wondering if the fuse is just missing...but I'm not sure what slot it is supposed to be in.

Other problems that I've found is the radio (factory) doesn't have any working lights and there is not a working headlight warning buzzer. Not sure if those problems would be related on this car or not. Just need to know where to start looking and testing.

Thanks,

Derek</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont think theres a fuse for the dome light, take off the plastic cover, unscrew it and see if the wiring clip is hooked up in the back
Old 11-26-2007, 10:18 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It does have a fuse, but it's not just for teh dome light (of course).

Fuse spot three
7.5A
Integrated control unit, dome light, trunk/cargo area light

Old 11-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

Thanks for the help! For once on this car it was an easy fix...the fuse was gone. I swapped one in from another location and it seemed to work...I'll have to pick up some 7.5A's tomorrow.

Any idea where the headlight warning buzzer is located? It doesn't work and my wife would like it to. I'm assuming it is just a little box that you unplug to shut it up? So no fuse for that?

Thanks again,

Derek
Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no headlight warning for 92-95 civics... you gotta make one... i did... ill find out which fuse you need to hook up the buzzer to and post it...
Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Need Help With Dome Light (PushnFords)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PushnFords &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The dome light on my '94 DX doesn't work. I've tried the slider in all of the positions and it doesn't come on when the front doors are open. </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA I was gonna tell you to check to see if you have a bulb in your dome

i thought I had a problem cuz it wouldn't go on, and I would BANG on it and it worked..... eventually I hit it hard enough to brake the filament!

whew..... you just made my day.... lmao - would've been funny if I was right...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SMOOTHN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SMOOTHN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no headlight warning for 92-95 civics... you gotta make one... i did... ill find out which fuse you need to hook up the buzzer to and post it... </TD></TR></TABLE>

hookup your buzzer to fuse 13 and 18 and you got yourself a headlight warning buzzer

Old 11-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default So far....

Quote: Do any of your other instruments have working lights (ie, cluster and climate control)?

I had the dash apart to replace the speedo head and put new bulbs in the climate control. After that the only lights not working is the dome light and radio lights.

<U>LemonLime</U> - Yep, first thing I did was look at the dome light bulb. Second was to hit the terminals with my voltmeter....nothing there.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SMOOTHN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hookup your buzzer to fuse 13 and 18 and you got yourself a headlight warning buzzer</TD></TR></TABLE>

SMOOTHN - that is a good idea. I was wondering if I was missing any other fuses but from your picture it looks like I have the same ones that you do now. If I don't have my seatbelt on and put the key in I get a little chime and also a chime if I leave the keys on. It does a chime too when I first turn the key to accessory. Where did you get the buzzer? Is that a radio shack part or something? I figured my Haynes manual would show the fuse locations but so far it has only been good for torque specs.

Thanks again,

Derek
Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So far.... (PushnFords)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PushnFords &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
SMOOTHN - that is a good idea. I was wondering if I was missing any other fuses but from your picture it looks like I have the same ones that you do now. If I don't have my seatbelt on and put the key in I get a little chime and also a chime if I leave the keys on. It does a chime too when I first turn the key to accessory. Where did you get the buzzer? Is that a radio shack part or something? I figured my Haynes manual would show the fuse locations but so far it has only been good for torque specs.

Thanks again,

Derek </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea radio shack is the best place... it should be like 3-6 depending on what you want.. I got the chime sound instead of hearing the buzzz sound... The ACC chime i believe is located on the back of the interior fuse box, youre gonna have to take it apart... its easier to buy the chime/buzzer unless you have a lot of time on your hands...
Old 12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So far.... (PushnFords)

Thanks again for the headlight warning buzzer tip. I was in Radio Shack so picked up a buzzer today ($4.80 after tax). Works great...got to be one of the most annoying sounds I've ever heard come from a car. Maybe I should have spent the extra $4 for the chime!

Derek