Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED HELP WITH DISTRIBUTOR QUESTION. PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP WITH DISTRIBUTOR QUESTION. PLEASE!

well i bought a d16y7 to replace my d15 mini-me v-tec , simply because the motor went bye-bye, now i bought the motor thinking i could u se the same distributor from my mini-me head. and as it turns out, the bracket mounts from my mini-me dizzy dont match up to the d16.. now my question is will i be able to find the distributor bracket from a d16y7 and place the internals of the dizzy into the bracket? or is there a way to just modify my dizzy to where the bolts will match? lmk im running out of money and time to getting my car back together. i also thought about just buying the d16 y7 distributor, but my mechanic thats helping me with all this claims that it wont work, because there is a chord running from the cam shaft area that needs to b plugged. he claims that if i use my old dizzy with the new brackets i wont need to usE that plug from the cam shaft and the dizzy will just by pass that plug. so the question here is is this true?? and does anyone know what that group of two wires with a connector running from the cam shaft area is ??????????? please i know this is long but i really need help im only (17) thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NEED HELP WITH DISTRIBUTOR QUESTION. PLEASE! (kfreshhh)

save ur time and get the d16y7 Dizzy, you can find one maybe H-T classifds or junk yard.