Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help del-tegra conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help del-tegra conversion

ok so i know this site is not big on conversions and kits and such but i need some help. i am currently putting a 95 integra front end on a 93 del sol but i have ran into some problems. so heres what i got i have the 95 integra radtiator support already on, bumpers mounted, lights are in. where im having trouble, i have 95 integra fenders but im not sure were to cut them at. also i am have fitment issues with the hood and the wiper cowl and i was wondering if anybody knew which ones to use. do i need integra hood hinges or del sol

here are some pics i will take more recent ones tomorrow

Old 01-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: need help del-tegra conversion (jays01)

whats so wrong with the del sol front end!!?? lately theres been alot of conversion threads, but if you must....
Old 01-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help del-tegra conversion (EG-Kaos)

I don't have answer to your exact question, but I think you would have better fitment with an oem bumper.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help del-tegra conversion (hgem1si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG-Kaos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats so wrong with the del sol front end!!?? lately theres been alot of conversion threads, but if you must....</TD></TR></TABLE>
truely i have no problem with the del sol front i love my del sol with the delsol lights and all but this isnt my del this is a freind and it is what he want and to eaach is his own so im just tryin to help him

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hgem1si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't have answer to your exact question, but I think you would have better fitment with an oem bumper. </TD></TR></TABLE>
well thing of that is i told him i would need a bumper 2 set of fenders del sol and integra, hood, radiatior support, and i will figure it from there and he showed up with this bumper he said he got it for 50 bucks so i was like wut ever. i mean it is urethane so
Old 01-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Prop for doing your own thing. Your going to have to go through trial and error for the fenders. And once your cut it your going to have to rein force or it will crack. As for the hood I'm thinking EG hood hinges might help tighten the gap for the hood.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (stuff215)

it can be done..!!

but in my opinion the EG front end is sicker....

Old 01-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_SOHC)

check this link, im sure one of these guys could help u....

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=2

theres like 50 pics of sol's with front end conversions, the EG an ITR ones are sickest IMO...
Old 01-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_SOHC)

i know it can be i just need to know how to
as for the civic front conversion thats next once i finish this one i have another friend that drive a del sol and he wants to me to do a civic conversion to his
Old 01-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jays01)

here are the most recent pic i have

and here were im think of cutting the fender if someone have done this conversion to either a del sol or a civic please let me know were you cut at
Old 01-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help del-tegra conversion (jays01)

Coming together, keep working on it! Im sure you'll get it together and get rid of the girl cause that **** was lame....
Old 01-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help del-tegra conversion (96 EX)

did you make that account just so someone would compliment this car?

those fitment issues look really bad. good luck.....
Old 01-31-2008, 12:01 PM

Default Re: (T-RAVS GIRL)

by the looks of it its RICED the f*ck out..lmao nd by the pics the other dude posted ppl have done conversions like dat efore...nothin new....good luck.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks kinda like a space ship....
Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your car! your money!
whatever floats your boat!!

and tell your girl to stick with myspace!!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jtfc3s)

no offense dude but you're just as bad as some of the jdm folks you bash in your signature. You're wasting time and money on fenders, bumpers, taillights ugh, skull rear window sticker, and other cosmetic garbage.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jtfc3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jtfc3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your car! your money!

and tell your girl to stick with myspace!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 01-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (importdreamer)

ok just to clear everything up
1-im the builder
2-my buddy owns the car
3-the girl is his girlfriend
4-its his car its what he wants (and me personally im always up for a challenge and i dont think it looks bad)
5-my signiture is a joke people get it, stuck up bastered dont

as for the comments its wut ever i know most of honda tech it all about jdm and such but what ever

the front end conversion has actully costed less than 200 bucks and im basically done beside the cutting and welding the fenders

so with that being said it comes down how to spend money and for that you have two options

1- you can eithier spend 200 dollar for a front lip /mugen replica bumper or 500+ for a real mugen bumper and then pull up next to another del and go damn hes got the same lip as me.

or

2- the other option is to spend around 200 and change the entier front end of the car so when you rolling up some like yo look at this integra rolling up o wait! dude thats a del sol

so me personally i like option 2.

also just to clear things up a little more anyone can put a front lip or replica mugen bumper one thier car i mean it only take like 10 mins to do. and all that shows is that really there probally just scared to be different, they are just trying to build thier car so other will like it. But for someone to go through and change the whole front end, thats really going back to thier roots. (modifing a car was never about seeing who could make thier car the stockest. modifing orginated from people who took stock car and changed them from what they were to what they could be just to be different)
Old 01-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jtfc3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your car! your money!

and tell your girl to stick with myspace!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM Roc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

x2</TD></TR></TABLE>

nothing bad to these guys

but both of them said do what you want to with your money
see thiers nothing wrong with comments like those

i mean hey maybe they dont like the conversion (not saying the dont maybe they do i dont know) but at least the were nice and cool about it. unlike others that just wanna be dicks and be like that fugly or why waste your money, you all can STFU because i dont care what you think niether does my buddy i did not build the car for you i built it for my buddy cause we wanted that front end on his del. and he wanted that front on his del because he liked that way it look. and he like the way it looked because it didnt look like every one else
Old 01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice work jay, youve pissed off half of hondatech!
=P regardless of what everyone else says i think the cars gunna come out good. but instead of the front bodykit style bumper have you ever thot of making the front a type r style?
i think it would be badass
Old 01-31-2008, 01:30 PM

ya know.. i thought i would never see another del sol in worse shape then mine.. and hop on here today.. o wait i lied im looking at one!

hmm.. think of how ugly that would be with any other front end other then del sol.. makes me to even think of it.. but hey.// your money your car.. cut the fenders where ever you see fit.. and make sure your welds are up to par.. this deff isint for the first time welder.. or youll keep replaceine tins from putting holes in it and not being able to fix them.. grind the welds down flat and throw some mud on it.. then paint it after sanding the mud flat.. (lord i hope he dont think i mean dirt mud...)
Old 01-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nix94delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nix94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice work jay, youve pissed off half of hondatech!
=P regardless of what everyone else says i think the cars gunna come out good. but instead of the front bodykit style bumper have you ever thot of making the front a type r style?
i think it would be badass </TD></TR></TABLE>

well actually we need a bumper and he got this one basically new for 50 bucks which aint bad but hes not sure if he wants to keep it he has been looking at different front and he was think of changing it to a 98+ front but hes not sure as for the type R im guessing you mean the jdm one which is kinda pricey so he didnt really wanna do that one
Old 01-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems like this conversion is coming along well for you although you have now reached the hard part. It looks to me that the area you are planning on cutting would work out well. Just measure twice (or more) and cut once.

I personally am not into most conversions because a lot of them look sloppy but this looks like it could turn out fairly clean(as long as your buddy goes with a cleaner looking bumper). Whatever he goes with it is his car tho. I can appreciate making changes like this but I dont think you understand the concept of the clean oem look.....I dont want drastic changes or body kits because I appreciate the quality and subtleness of Honda parts. This is also why the bumper on there doesnt match up very well. Cheap aftermarket parts dont fit well. I think it is better to find a balance with engine and suspension than to make wild changes that only please the eye. Most of the people here are classifying your friend as a ricer because most people agree with an overall balance in the vehicle being better than an eye catcher. Good luck on the fenders.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jays01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
98+ front but hes not sure as for the type R im guessing you mean the jdm one which is kinda pricey so he didnt really wanna do that one</TD></TR></TABLE>

to be completely honest, im not a big fan of the JDM one, i like the round headlights better for some odd reason...

go with the 98+
just looked at them and as far as i can see, theres not much difference from one of those, to an R
Old 01-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (importdreamer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importdreamer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How dare you call me...uh....that. Are you claiming that I have been a victim of a baster?

So the girl can make a screen name to comment to a boyfriend who isn't on this site, however, he can't make a name and ask this question?</TD></TR></TABLE>
That is pretty funny!
Old 01-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nix94delsol)

poor sol

eg &gt; teg if i had too

sol front FTW

Quick Reply: need help del-tegra conversion