Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help for dash swap.

Old 01-18-2004, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help for dash swap.

im half way done. i got my civic dash out and am putting the integra one in. the dash wont go on though. i cut the dash a little around the steering column what else do i have to do?
Old 01-18-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: need help for dash swap. (B18Cej1)

Old 01-18-2004, 04:26 PM

i cut out the pass side plastic behind the vent. and pretty much any plastic on the back that looked like it would be in the way... it fits now!! haha, but the cluster is a tighttt fit.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: need help for dash swap. (drunknbass)

pics ???? i am doing the same, but arent the ls and gsr dash all the same minus the cluster ? thanks
Old 01-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help for dash swap. (thompson324)

your not half way done man, you know where the wires go? not tryin to be a dick but you might be in for a longer haul than you think. what car is this going into? got pics? did you make any brakets>?
Old 01-18-2004, 10:08 PM

LOL.....its so funny seeing others tell each other what to do....this swap is so much easier than everyone thinks. no brackets are needed....mine fits 100% and no i didnt even have to cut my teg doorpanels for them to fit.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (NYCautosport.com)

You need to cut...ALOT

misc pictures of install....

http://liam821.com/pix/?path=c...-3-01
http://liam821.com/pix/?path=c...-9-01
http://liam821.com/pix/?path=c...13-01
http://liam821.com/pix/?path=c...-5-03

end product...

liam
Old 01-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCautosport.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL.....its so funny seeing others tell each other what to do....this swap is so much easier than everyone thinks. no brackets are needed....mine fits 100% and no i didnt even have to cut my teg doorpanels for them to fit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the teg doorpanels dont even come close to fitting. They are too tall and not long enough. At least in my hatchback.

And the brackets? The teg side brakets dont connect to the frame correctly, so you need to add to them. You cant use the civic brackets what-so-ever as they dont connect to the dash correctly.

Im not a hater..but dont tell people inaccurate information.

liam
Old 01-19-2004, 05:02 AM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCautosport.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL.....its so funny seeing others tell each other what to do....this swap is so much easier than everyone thinks. no brackets are needed....mine fits 100% and no i didnt even have to cut my teg doorpanels for them to fit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd really like to see some pics of an integra dash that just goes in a civic 100% w/out any mods at all.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blykins)

that looks sharp as hell I dunno if it is worth the work though... mad props to all of those who did the work though...
Old 01-19-2004, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you dont know what you are talkin about. its plain as day to me, and im a newb.

good info from those thinks i checked them out when i was doing mine. I have an ek though. Off topic but, is that a block off tray i see? im lookin for one but they dont sell em in the us. Since i dont have a credit card or anything i cant really buy anything off ebay. will canada shiip here?
Old 01-19-2004, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hndakd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you dont know what you are talkin about. its plain as day to me, and im a newb.

good info from those thinks i checked them out when i was doing mine. I have an ek though. Off topic but, is that a block off tray i see? im lookin for one but they dont sell em in the us. Since i dont have a credit card or anything i cant really buy anything off ebay. will canada shiip here?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea its a block off tray. Since my 93 hatch didnt come with a airbag - and my dash didnt come with one. And i wasnt about to buy a airbag....soo expensive. I got my tray from somebody on honda-tech.

Since you dont have a c/c, i would recommend that. Find somebody and send them a bank check. Also to use paypal, you dont need a c/c, just a bank account. Or have a friend buy it for you and pay them back!

liam
Old 01-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (liam821)

thats what im in the process of doing. i also have a sheet of carbon fiber that im gonna cut up and see if i can make a little plate for it or somethin. when you did this did you swap out carpet too? my shifter console and stuff sit about 2 inches off of the floor. Im swappin the carpet out tomorrow. theres a piece of styro foam that will make it work better in there. also did you use the integra brackets with a mount made onto em? thats what i did, i tried the civic ones but the holes were all off.

sorry for the questions i just want this done correctly since i have already invested a lot of time and money into it.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:45 PM
EPIC TUNING

LOL.

1st of all, you have to cut a good bit out of the dash near the steering colum area, i wont come CLOSE to fitting if you dont cut. neither dashbrakets work. you can modify your teg ones or do what i did and not use any at all. dash stays fine. the cluster is a TIGHT fit, takes work to get in flush. OHHHH so the door panels fit fine no problem? how come my teg panels WONT FIT BECAUSE THE TOP OF THE CIVIC DOOR IS TOO WIDE? did you teg panels just magically widen to fit? nott o mention all the mounting holes are in COMPLETELY different spots. but yea it worksw fine no modificaion.....sure pal. also i had to drill new holes for the center console to bolt to the floor because the civic holes were in different spots, and I also had to cut some of the dash on the sides so it would fit deeper, as they hit the door area and looks like crap. hell, it still doesnt line up perfect with the door shape but its no big deal. and what about wiring? did your harness just magically adapt to the civic fuse box and work. where did you buy all these magical parts?
Old 01-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KEEP CUTTING

the dash will fit in JUST RIGHT if you keep cutting the inner plastic out....you need enough clearance to fit onto the civic's brackets....KEEP CUTTING!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (rewsnaeht)

Straight Ownage!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (JDMlifestyle)

you need to cut and pound down a lot of the stuff on top of the steering column.

mine wasnt that much of a pain, but it took me about 4 tries to get it right. and quite a few hours. SEXY though
still need to put my black civic panels in though

im gonna try the torch the back of the panel and slam the door method, as i dont have money to fiberglass them and recover them
Old 01-20-2004, 03:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rewsnaeht &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL.

1st of all, you have to cut a good bit out of the dash near the steering colum area, i wont come CLOSE to fitting if you dont cut. neither dashbrakets work. you can modify your teg ones or do what i did and not use any at all. dash stays fine. the cluster is a TIGHT fit, takes work to get in flush. OHHHH so the door panels fit fine no problem? how come my teg panels WONT FIT BECAUSE THE TOP OF THE CIVIC DOOR IS TOO WIDE? did you teg panels just magically widen to fit? nott o mention all the mounting holes are in COMPLETELY different spots. but yea it worksw fine no modificaion.....sure pal. also i had to drill new holes for the center console to bolt to the floor because the civic holes were in different spots, and I also had to cut some of the dash on the sides so it would fit deeper, as they hit the door area and looks like crap. hell, it still doesnt line up perfect with the door shape but its no big deal. and what about wiring? did your harness just magically adapt to the civic fuse box and work. where did you buy all these magical parts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

beleive what you want. ive done so many of them, i know what works. you just gotta pllay around with it and not go cutting everything you see LOL. mine fits 100% and so does all the other peoples ive done it for.

regardless of what you say i didnt do ~ i really dont care....

ps: whats up with saying "magical" 12 times in a paragraph.. you must believe in magic.....you corn.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:12 PM

Default Re: (liam821)

uncut teg doorpanels. thank you~
Old 01-20-2004, 03:16 PM

I am in process of pulling my dash out and i think i migh be missing some screws or something could someone tell me where there all at?
Old 01-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCautosport.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uncut teg doorpanels. thank you~</TD></TR></TABLE>

**** off that lookslike **** the door panel goes above the door fram like an inch.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:27 PM
EPIC TUNING

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCautosport.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uncut teg doorpanels. thank you~</TD></TR></TABLE>

that looks like crap. sure if yuou halfass something u can make it work.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hndakd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you dont know what you are talkin about. its plain as day to me, and im a newb.

good info from those thinks i checked them out when i was doing mine. I have an ek though. Off topic but, is that a block off tray i see? im lookin for one but they dont sell em in the us. Since i dont have a credit card or anything i cant really buy anything off ebay. will canada shiip here?</TD></TR></TABLE>

so are you saying you did the teg dash swap into an ek??
if so lets see some pics
Old 01-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rewsnaeht &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that looks like crap. sure if yuou halfass something u can make it work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how the hell does that look like crap?!

everything looks good except for the miniscule gap at the door panels end.....gg on the panel, how did you get the top part to overlap the civic's door skin??
Old 01-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i want to see pics!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help for dash swap.