Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help, B20+auto in. '95 eg

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help, B20+auto in. '95 eg

Hi guys, I'm new to the Honda tuning seen(been doing domestic V8s and bikes forever), anyway I've got a '95 eg Civic w/d16 and auto. I bought it as a daily driver, but it is PAINFULLY slow, I'm wanting to do a CR-Vtec swap but wanting to keep it an auto (manuals in stop and go traffic suck), back on topic, I need to know what tranny to find to mate with the B20, i.e. if the stock one from the Civic will bolt up or if the one that is mated to the B20 will fit or if I will have to get one out of an auto Integra or what? Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, voodoodaddy.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need help, B20+auto in. '95 eg (voodoodaddy)

There is a lot of work involved in this swap into a civic. You will need a tranny from a auto ls integra 94-2000. If you're doing non-vtec you need an obd1 auto ls integra ecu. If you're doing vtec since the integra gsr didn't come auto you're probably gonna have to go with an auto p28 ecu and get it tuned or chipped for your app. if possible. I know pretty much everythhing your gonna need to know and do for this swap cause a buddy and I just did an ls auto swap into a 94 civic hatch about 6 months ago. There will be alot of peolple that will say this want work but it will. Also there are a lot of people that have done this swap and there tranny want shift automatically like it is supposed to they have to manually shift it that is because there is a lot of wiring involved because the integra auto tranny is electronic and the civic tranny isn't. The integra auto tranny uses a TCM which is like a small ecu for the tranny. Don't let that discourage you from doing the swap there is a company that can make you a wiring harness for the tranny wiring. We found this out after doing all of the wiring ourself. we bought the harness from them anyways it works great. The harness was like 125$ but well worth it trust me. Good luck on your swap let me know if you nedd any other help