Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help ASAP

Hey Ppl, loosing a lot of power on my Civic b16/a2... (4 door)checked the compression the other day and it was fukin bad.... so went 2 the dealer got some new piston rings etc...ordered the spoon head gasket as well...... i also have spoon cam gears & cam shafts and a spoon valvetrain .....rite now running on a full ITR exhaust including headers........ i am thinkin of doin a rebuild but dont knw how 2 go abt doin it....pls help.... and do i need 2 do porting n polishing as well.... thnx
Old 01-12-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Need Help ASAP (djnitr8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djnitr8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Ppl, loosing a lot of power on my Civic b16/a2... (4 door)checked the compression the other day and it was fukin bad.... so went 2 the dealer got some new piston rings etc...ordered the spoon head gasket as well...... i also have spoon cam gears & cam shafts and a spoon valvetrain .....rite now running on a full ITR exhaust including headers........ i am thinkin of doin a rebuild but dont knw how 2 go abt doin it....pls help.... and do i need 2 do porting n polishing as well.... thnx</TD></TR></TABLE>

You shouldnt need to port/polish anything at all. But I dont mean this in a ball-breaking way but if you don't know what you're doing, I wouldnt attempt installing rings and whatnot. Personally, I've never done it before and with all the tight tolerances and clearances...I wouldn't attempt it unless I have someone looking over my shoulder that knows exactly what they're doing. The same definitely goes for the headwork as well.

And I hope you bought all those parts to work together as a package to achieve a specific goal, and didn't just buy random parts for the name and get upset when they don't make much power together due to a lack of research. Again...if I am incorrect then I apologize. I'm just trying to look out for you and give you a heads up before you make the same mistake many others have.

Good luck man.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Need Help ASAP (I Shot 50 Cent)

i do understand wht u say..... and i do have some overlookin my shoulder on how to install all the parts its jus tht we r confused abt the porting n polishin.. cause i heard somewhere the u have 2 shave the head b4 u install the spoon head gasket..... the thing is how much do we need 2 shave...
Old 01-12-2007, 10:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djnitr8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i do understand wht u say..... and i do have some overlookin my shoulder on how to install all the parts its jus tht we r confused abt the porting n polishin.. cause i heard somewhere the u have 2 shave the head b4 u install the spoon head gasket..... the thing is how much do we need 2 shave...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ohhhh ok. I see what you're saying now. I'll search around for a bit and see if I can find anything that says how much should be milled, if any... to accomodate the Spoon HG. I actually don't think you will need to mill the head whatsoever, unless you're attempting to change your compression ratio. I'll post a link if I find anything useful. And I'm glad you didn't take offense to my post, because I didn't mean it in a negative way.

EDIT: I actually found ALOT of useful information. It would take a while for me to post all the links, but I'll tell you how I got the info. Click on search in the upper right corner in RED, and type "Spoon Gasket" and click to search the "archived" threads...you'll get alot of information there man, and hopefully the answer to your question.

Good luck with your build.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:11 AM

be carefull who ports and polishes your head i gave my head to some bad *** hot rod head porter who has been doing it for 20 years he even read up on how to port honda heads and my 12:1 gsr with stage 2 cams and a grip of other **** made 147hp to the wheels that was the biggest mistake ive made so far.

also just cause your head has bad compression doesnt mean you rings are bad you need to do a leak down test to find where its going. could be blown head gasket, bent or burnt valves. or worst case a warped head or block. get it checked by a profesional be for you waste your money.