Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!!

JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY. I NOTICED SLIGHT INCREASE IN POWER IN 1ST AND 2ND GEAR. 3RD GEAR I FELT A BIG DIFFERENCE BUT I SHIFTED TO 4TH AND 5TH GEAR DAMM THING SUCKED. I LOST HIGH END BIG TIME. I HAVE HEADERS AND BEFORE I HAD THE PULLEY I CAN SPEED UP TO 125MPH VERY EASILY NOW W/ THE PULLEY I CAN BEARLY HIT 100MPH CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHATS GOING ON. SO IM LIKE WHATS THE USE OF THE HEADERS. ALSO I NOTICED ALSO THAT THE CAR STARTS VIBRATE OVER 85MPH.WELL MY MAIN CONCERN IS WHY DID I LOSE HIGH END IS IT BECAUSE AT HIGHER SPEED THE ALT AND POWER STEERING REQUIRE MORE POWER TO GENERATE.

NEED HELP IM BLEEDING
Old 09-04-2003, 01:22 PM

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (civictuned)

why are you yelling at us?
Old 09-04-2003, 01:26 PM

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (agent marlon)

THATS THE WAY I TALK BRO!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (civictuned)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictuned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SO IM LIKE WHATS THE USE OF THE HEADERS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unless there is a v8 in there you have a header

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictuned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ALSO I NOTICED ALSO THAT THE CAR STARTS VIBRATE OVER 85MPH.WELL........................................ ...... MY MAIN CONCERN IS WHY DID I LOSE HIGH END </TD></TR></TABLE>

you have your priorities screwed up. You need to worry more about your car starts to vibrate over 85...if its related ot the pulley or install then you'll have lot more to worry about besides the loss in top end.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:35 PM

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (Apex i ITR)

U KNOW WHAT I MEAN SO WHY THE BUGGING I JUST NEED ADVICE PLAYA
Old 09-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's some advice, "playa"

Stop typing in all caps.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ALL CAPS

Perhaps the most frequently violated rule of readability involves the use of ALL CAPS (capital letters). Designers are often drawn to all caps because it forms neat, uniform, visual elements, or "blocks." Unfortunately, for precisely that reason, type set in all caps is more difficult to read.

Your brain does not recognize words solely on the basis of specific letter combinations, but on the overall shape of the words. In fact, your brain recognizes whole phrases based on letter shape rather than identifying individual letters and words. Which of the following is easier to read: GOOD OLD DOG or good old dog.

For readability, avoid all caps even in heads and subheads. The most readable headlines and subheads are set only with the first letter of the first word (and proper nouns) capitalized, just as in sentences.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Future Texas Boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictuned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">U KNOW WHAT I MEAN SO WHY THE BUGGING I JUST NEED ADVICE PLAYA</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha
Old 09-04-2003, 02:00 PM

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (Mojo-Jojo)

^^^^^^lol wow
Old 09-04-2003, 02:11 PM

JUST TELL ME DONT READ ME A BED TIME STORY. IM AT WORK AND I HAVE TO USE CAPS SO ANYWAYS WHAT U SAID DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION P-L-A-Y-A

DONT HATE APPRECIATE
Old 09-04-2003, 02:13 PM

NO WONDER THEY CALL U MOJO-JOJO U GET BEAT BY POWER PUFF GIRLS U WHIMP
Old 09-04-2003, 02:16 PM

hey douche bag, simmer down

you fucked up something with the install... maybe your timing is off

and nobody "sides" with you and your CAPS-LOCK, so, if you want some help, swallow your pride and turn it off

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictuned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NO WONDER THEY CALL U MOJO-JOJO U GET BEAT BY POWER PUFF GIRLS U WHIMP</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-04-2003, 02:19 PM

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (supadupamikey)

IM CALM IM CALM, NOPE IDLES FINE. CAR IDLES AT 800RPMS.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:22 PM

can you check the timing? (with a timing gun)

the power should be consistent through every gear...

so, you just took the crank pulley off, replaced it with the UR pulley and put the belts back on? do anything else?
Old 09-04-2003, 02:25 PM

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (supadupamikey)

NO I DID NOT USE A TIMING GUN USUALLY WHEN YOUR TIMING IS OFF YOUR IDLE NEEDLE GOES HAYWIRE.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictuned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NO I DID NOT USE A TIMING GUN USUALLY WHEN YOUR TIMING IS OFF YOUR IDLE NEEDLE GOES HAYWIRE.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-04-2003, 02:54 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictuned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NO I DID NOT USE A TIMING GUN USUALLY WHEN YOUR TIMING IS OFF YOUR IDLE NEEDLE GOES HAYWIRE.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow , im apalled
Old 09-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My timing has been off PLENTY of times (sometimes deliberately and sometimes not ), and it idled fine. If I went by your standard, I should never have had my timing adjusted all those times it was off because my idle wasn't going crazy. Good thing I decided to check it anyway. Get a timing gun, hook it to the #1 plug wire, and check the timing. If all else fails, remove the pulley and reinstall the OEM one. If you still have the same problems then either something got fucked during the install or the pulley messed up something. If the problems go away then the pulley doesn't like your engine or was installed incorrectly somehow.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (Daniel)

stop yelling. dammit! my ears....
and the powerpuff girls are hot, btw
Old 09-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did u un hook the battery for a while to reset the ecu?
Old 09-04-2003, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (blackhatchy)

If i remember reading correctly aftermarket pulleys arent harmonically balanced to your engine like the stock ones are. That may be the cause of your vibration. I've also heard that an unbalanced pulley can cause premature engine wear...like premature ejaculation.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (Kikomon)

20 posts and already a pecker
Old 09-04-2003, 05:47 PM

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (aw1234dude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aw1234dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If i remember reading correctly aftermarket pulleys arent harmonically balanced to your engine like the stock ones are. That may be the cause of your vibration. I've also heard that an unbalanced pulley can cause premature engine wear...like premature ejaculation. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not true
Old 09-04-2003, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh my god.

you know, i dont even know what to say to that. i really feel sorry for you. thats honestly sad...

and for the love of god STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 05:59 PM

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (Kamin)

one word to say man, rediculous
Old 09-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!! (aw1234dude)

ha ha ha finally someone made me **** on my pants. Lol

Quick Reply: NEED HELLP!!!JUST INSTALLED A UNORTHODOX CRANK PULLEY!!!!