Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need everyone's opinion

Old 08-31-2003, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need everyone's opinion

I need opinions please about 2 1/2 months ago i sold a tranny, Now the buyer says he installed it finally and there are some things wrong with it. At the time when he bought it i told him that if there was anything wrong with it let me know. What should i do??? This is the only email i have gotten from him and not once he Pmed me to let me know that he has not put it in. Pls no flaming just need opinions on what i should do about this matter
Old 08-31-2003, 09:32 PM

Default Re: need everyone's opinion (salbaje)

why is he just now installing it? Sounds kind of fishy to me. Might want to get more details before just giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:36 PM
official honda whore

depends on what kinda trainy it is... if you know it was workin fine b4 you sold it... and how long he has had it installed... also what problems is he ahving.. it could be installation issues and have nothin to do with the condition of the trans
Old 08-31-2003, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (coptzer)

yeah, coulda put it in, and fucked it up already, and now is trying to weasel his money back.

In my eyes, shoulda been inspected, or installed, within the first week at least, other wise its his problem.

Theres a point where your a dead beat seller, but theres also a point where the buyer needs to take the responsibilities.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Mnintegra)

need to be more specific.. what kind of agreement did you guys have? Where did this tranny come from and do you know if it worked or not before you sold it?
Old 09-01-2003, 06:35 AM

Default Re: (Slammed Si)

I am th e purchaser of this transmission.

ther reason it was not installed immediately was becasue salbaje was about 3 weeks late on shipping it out. By the time i finally received the tranny i was just moving to a new home. I have not had the time to install the tranny until this weekend. I installed it and there is no reverse. It stops at teh gate. When you try and put in in revers it also blockes out the ability to get to the left side of the shifter, where 1st/2nd are until you work it around a bit. But it will never go into reverse.

I installed original tranny it works fine, except for the syncros.(Which is the reason i got the new tranny).
I am very compitent when it comes to mechanics, the transmission was not installed improperly, period.

The tranny was either assembled incorrectly or it was bunk whenm he got. Im not implying that he did anything to it or was aware that it didnt work, i do not know.

What i do know is i have a 1200 peice-o-****.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (blbvtec)

If only reverse is broken (assuming the rest of the gears work fine) i'd think a partial refund to cover the repairs of the tranny would be fair. Could be something as little as a bent reverse fork but you'll have to crack the case to find out.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

yeah, i agree wit nsxmatt