Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need EM1 wiring harness diagram

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Need EM1 wiring harness diagram

Ive looked around, could find anything useful. Does anyone have an engine harness diagram for a 99 EM1 I cant locate the Knock sensor plug. Also my Speedometer doesnt work, I swapped the cluster in to my friend car and it worked fine so its not the cluster and its plugged in in to the vss. Thanks
Old 06-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need EM1 wiring harness diagram

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/wiring.99-01_2.jpg

Look for the IAT sensor plug along with the fuel injector plugs and alternator plug. You will find the knock sensor with it. It may be a green plug but its 1 wire.

Your speedometer isn't working maybe because of a blown fuse #15 under the driver dash. This goes along with the alternator, VSS, and the speedometer. Check that first and replace the fuse if necessary.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

From what i know the one wire plug is the oil temperature sensor, So my knock sensor plug should be on the same branch as all of the injectors and alternator?? I guess what Im looking for is a picture of an engine harness on the floor with all of the plugs highlighted to their locations. That would be rally useful.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rmnS2K
From what i know the one wire plug is the oil temperature sensor, So my knock sensor plug should be on the same branch as all of the injectors and alternator?? I guess what Im looking for is a picture of an engine harness on the floor with all of the plugs highlighted to their locations. That would be rally useful.
Its a round plug like the IAT sensor plug, the one on the manifold. Its usually green but if its not then look at the wiring. It should be only 1 wire coming out of a round 2 pin plug. It should all be connected near the injectors, iat, alternator, and oil switch plugs..

The knock sensor plug is UNDER the intake manifold on the back of the block. Its right near the oil switch plug! So have a look under your intake manifold on the drivers alternator side.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok I thing i found the wire you were talking about and I know were the knock sensor is on the plug Its just a PITA to get to it and I just have to feel for it Ill try that and see what happens. Thanks
Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rmnS2K
Ok I thing i found the wire you were talking about and I know were the knock sensor is on the plug Its just a PITA to get to it and I just have to feel for it Ill try that and see what happens. Thanks
yeah it is a pain to unplug.. I remember having to do with it my gsr motor. But the gsr manifold gave my fingers a little bit more room to push the clips in order to pull the sensor plug. I stuck my hand threw the alternator side. Theres a gap big enough on that side to stick your arm threw to get to the knock sensor under the manifold. Good luck
Old 06-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok I plugged the correct wire up to it and I still get the code, But I found some torn wires underneath the battery tray I dont know were they go. I also check all the fuses and my Speedo still doesn't work