Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need electronic o2 sim help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need electronic o2 sim help

Background info:
So, I have a d16y7 98 lx with a bad downstream o2 sensor. Rather than replace it ($70), I want to build an electronic o2 simulator($15). For any whistle blowers, this is for track use.
Plans can be found here: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/oxy...sor_simulator/
As with most of my peers, I'm very lazy and rather than pull out my ecu and count pins, I'd like to just cut the connector off my old o2 sensor and splice it with my homemade o2 sim so i could unplug it just as easily as i could unplug a legitimate o2 sensor. My only issue is I don't know what wires are what on my 02 sensor.
What I want:
If anyone could provide me with a wiring diagram for like a bosch 02 sensor or even better, just let me know what color wires are what.

...or if you're REALLY bored, let me know exactly what wires from the above linked diagram will attach to which color wires on my old o2 sensor connector.

p.s. if anyone knows what resistance resistor i need to sub for the heater circuit, the info would save me a lot of time.

Thanks guys, I know I'm asking a lot but I've been on google for like 3 hours and I can't find the info I need and I know that the cumulative knowledge from the members on this site could fill a library.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need electronic o2 sim help

So as of yet, nobody has replied to this post. I'm hoping if I could simplify the question, I might get some better feedback(or any, lol).
I basically want to hook this circuit:

...to my downstream o2 sensor but I'm not sure which wires go where. I'd like to be able to solder the o2 sim directly to the old o2 sensor plug:
so that it could be easily removed/ replaced. Is this possible?
The only thing I've been able to figure out is that one of the black wires is the 12v wire. Any help would be much appreciated!

car: 1998 Honda Civic LX, d16y7
there are 2 black wires(i assume this is the heater circuit), a white wire, and a green.