Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need to Buy Something For A EG.. help please!

Old 10-07-2004, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to Buy Something For A EG.. help please!

Sorry. im kind of new to this Honda-tech stuff. the reason why i am here is to ask some questions.
alright...

my man's cday is in Nov and Xmas is coming up. i want to buy his something for his car. and im planning on getting my man a present for his EG Hatch. he isnt all into the riced-out ****, its mostly under the hood.not sure what to get him tho. so i just want some advice from you guys since you would know better than i do about cars. i need to know now so i know when to save up money. should i get him a turbo for his car?!?!?! or something to make his present motor faster?
the buget is $350-400 at the most.

i dont know what i can get with that. HELP PLEASE!
Old 10-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get him nitrous.... with 350-400 bux you wont be able to get a good turbo kit.

Most decent nitrous kits run around $450.

If not that then you probably might just want to tell him that you have saved up $400 for him when he wants to do a swap and leave it at that. I think the swap is the better idea but <SHRUG>
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to Buy Something For A EG.. help please! (LadyExotic)

Ur not gonna be able to get a turbo kit for that budget. You could get a nitrous kit for 400 bucks...that would make the car much faster for a small budget.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to Buy Something For A EG.. help please! (ninesecrx)

LOL^ guess we think alike
Old 10-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to Buy Something For A EG.. help please! (ninesecrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ninesecrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL^ guess we think alike </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-07-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Re: (B16Drag)

lol thanks guys.. ididnt think anyone was gonna help me out. what else can i get? now that i thnk bout it i dont think turbo would be a good idea either cuz its gonna take him awhile to go boost anyways. any special good kind of good pistons, rods, headers, intake, exhaust, suspension blah blah for a D series? maybe rims or tires....DAMN SO MUCH! lol im so lost

i maybe able to flex on the budget a bit.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: Need to Buy Something For A EG.. help please! (B16Drag)

Maybe nitrous.

But it's really your call. What I mean is, personally, if my gf just suprised me with a nitrous kit on my bday, I would sincerely thank her, tell her how much I appreciate the fact that she supports my hobby, and then ask her where the receipt is so we could go return it and get the money back.
That's just me though, mind you. Simply because I don't want/need that stuff.

But if you know your guy wants it or would like it, go for it.

I don't know what motor he has in thurr...but there are a whole lot of good things you could buy w/ $400. Just little things that anyone could appreciate.

Cam gears? A fuel-pressure regulator? A 4-1 header? An intake? *shrug*

Yeah so anyway good luck with that.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LadyExotic)

By the H-T name you have, I can judge you are a female (most H-T'ers loves female bodies ).

Anyways, that nitrous kit sounds like a good idea. Other than that, get him a decent exhaust, intake, header....the basics.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:55 PM

You can get some:

· Cams & Sprockets
· Intake system & headers
· HID kit (would this be considered something "under the hood", lol?)

NOS =
Old 10-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well ya could get him a second hand T3/T4 for like 450$, and have him complete the rest of the kit.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LadyExotic

If your man is more into whats under the hood, I honestly think the nitrous kit would suit him well or just let him know that you are going to give him money for a swap when he does it.

$400 isnt all that much for car parts and DO NOT waste your money on parts that will not be used or are pointless such as cams, sprockets, intake, and headers--ESPECIALLY if he is planning to boost. I'd wait on spending money on pistons, rings, rods, etc, just because you dont know what his plans are.

But if you really think he is going to boost soon and will most likely do it, then I say just get him a nice turbo. he can get the rest of the parts... the ideal turbo is the T3/T4B or T3/T4E but make sure you dont buy those stupid ones on ebay because they are a rip off! Most of the decent ones will be in the high $400-600 range.

Whatever you do, don't waste your money on parts he doesnt need. I know because I'm all about whats under the hood and not HID lights, rims, etc...

Oh yea, dont buy into those guys who are saying that nitrous Most of those guys have probably never even experienced nitrous in their life! Everyone that's been in my car or a car with nitrous do this
Old 10-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to Buy Something For A EG.. help please! (spyderracing32)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spyderracing32 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well ya could get him a second hand T3/T4 for like 450$, and have him complete the rest of the kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha beat me to it!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: (handa)

*CORRECTION*: i mean he probably is NOT going to boost anytime soon. its all N/A for now. SOrry for the confusion guys!

a nos kit sounds good but thats true he might not "like" it. haha. headers sounds good. any suggestions on the brand. or some other basic parts brand. The motor is a built D series but some parts are still stock.

ive seen him handle nitrous. i dont want him to push the car too hard. and i KNOW hes going to get all greedy with the boost and will boost higher and higher once he gets it. and itll go boom....plus itll take him a long time to finish the setup because of money problems.

i love cars too...fast, simple and clean makes it sexy. lol. but i dont know too much about it and all and is trying to learn so i can share his hobby too. ive seen and help tear it apart and put it back together a little bit. i try to read up on honda-tech as much as i can lol. or i should save up for my car lol JK!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:08 PM

If it's really going to be all about speed, get the DOHC first.

Still to NOS.

And if he's serious about performance and still wants to use that D-series (or any other motor), then before spending money on pistons, rings, rods, etc. (or whatever internals), I'd get machine work done to the motor first.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

forget ur man...i need money too...lol jp anyways...you should keep a good ear out or ease drop on his conversations with other friends as to what his 'wants' are for his car...if he's reading or looking at certain classified items you know...maybe he's on H-T??? That way, you'd be sure what you get him is something he'd like and enjoy, rather then spending 4-500 bucks for something he's kinda eh? about... Just something to think about while you have SOME time left
Old 10-07-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Re: (TallAssFilipino)

<U>SOHC ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! lol</U>
Old 10-07-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Need to Buy Something For A EG.. help please! (civicboisi)

check my for sale **** out and let me know if i got anythign he would want
Old 10-07-2004, 06:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LadyExotic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><U>SOHC ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! lol</U></TD></TR></TABLE>

na dohc only way 2 go
Old 10-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LadyExotic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><U>SOHC ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! lol</U></TD></TR></TABLE>

Now thats a real lady...lol SOHC
Old 10-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Multi-paradigm

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16Drag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Everyone that's been in my car or a car with nitrous do this </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrongo, bud.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

HAHAHA. .

On a serious note, if he's planning to boost in the future you could buy him either a set of Eagle rods or a set of JE or Arias or Import Builder's pistons. They both fall within the $400 range and they would both be of great benefit to him once he began his boost project. The rods and pistons could both be used NA with no problem as well, assuming you stay around 9.0 or 9.5 for compression.

I'd love a D-series turbo with 9.5:1 forged internals. Actually, you may want to go into the FI section of this site and read up on the Suzuki Vitara pistons for D-series. They're better than most aftermarket pistons and they're cheap as hell. You could probably get him those and a set of rods. I'd marry my woman if she did that, by the way .
Old 10-07-2004, 06:19 PM

alright i got it.lol... ive been hearing this ****. but he honda-techs ALOT too. i dotn want to get caught..suppose to be suprise.

his SOHC is on Crower stage 3 and LS rods....from my experience with helping his putting the engine together.i heard he wants piping or headers. the machine shop did all the work and we put the motor in. he wants to build another one with stronger rods. he might want to squeeze later. thats all i heard for now.

so i need suggestions on good headers
which piping is good...2.25 or 2.5?
how much are good rods and what brand?

thanks!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LadyExotic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright i got it.lol... ive been hearing this ****. but he honda-techs ALOT too. i dotn want to get caught..suppose to be suprise.

his SOHC is on Crower stage 3 and LS rods....from my experience with helping his putting the engine together.i heard he wants piping or headers. the machine shop did all the work and we put the motor in. he wants to build another one with stronger rods. he might want to squeeze later. thats all i heard for now.

so i need suggestions on good headers
which piping is good...2.25 or 2.5?
how much are good rods and what brand?

thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now we're getting somewhere...
Old 10-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (syntax_error)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by syntax_error &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wrongo, bud.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm assuming you've been in a car with 200+ shot nitrous car, right?

Nitrous is the biggest bang for the buck. And has more torque than turbo. Dont get me wrong, I like turbo... because I'm boosted! But for $400 seriously... nitrous is the biggest bang for the buck.

If I had to do it all over again, I would never buy headers for $250 and intake for $150+ etc... I would have rather just got a nitrous kit, the N20 would just spank the headers and intake and do donuts around it. *SHRUG* Each is his own...
Old 10-07-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I say you give him a bottle of that NOS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to Buy Something For A EG.. help please!