Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   need better suspension for ek! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/need-better-suspension-ek-3337456/)

Adam Ebady 05-30-2019 10:30 AM

need better suspension for ek!

So I recently just bought my first Civic it's a 96 EK but before I had my Civic I had a 3 Series BMW (never again). I noticed that the cornering was much better on the BMW and I want to update my Civics suspension so that I can have similar cornering abilities I'm guessing that I need a stiffer suspension but I'm not sure where to start does anyone know what would be a good suspension to put on my Civic that would provide stiffer cornering abilities but still a smooth ride?

nuginu 05-31-2019 04:42 AM

Re: need better suspension for ek!

Originally Posted by Adam Ebady (Post 51941209)
So I recently just bought my first Civic it's a 96 EK but before I had my Civic I had a 3 Series BMW (never again). I noticed that the cornering was much better on the BMW and I want to update my Civics suspension so that I can have similar cornering abilities I'm guessing that I need a stiffer suspension but I'm not sure where to start does anyone know what would be a good suspension to put on my Civic that would provide stiffer cornering abilities but still a smooth ride?

I put Tein suspension on my ek and it make a dramatic difference, even with the same tires. The stock suspension on a roadcourse however did manage to keep up with some higher end cars in the bends, even though it had tons of body roll. I'm about to put on a subframe brace and a rear sway on, which should make a huge difference on its own. Our cars dont have swaybars in the rear and front from what I've seen. There's plenty of kits out there, ranging from ride comfort to track performance. You're going to have to find a happy medium for yourself. My teins are very stiff, and every bump and dip feels like a solid hit to the spine.

Adam Ebady 06-01-2019 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by nuginu (Post 51941617)
I put Tein suspension on my ek and it make a dramatic difference, even with the same tires. The stock suspension on a roadcourse however did manage to keep up with some higher end cars in the bends, even though it had tons of body roll. I'm about to put on a subframe brace and a rear sway on, which should make a huge difference on its own. Our cars dont have swaybars in the rear and front from what I've seen. There's plenty of kits out there, ranging from ride comfort to track performance. You're going to have to find a happy medium for yourself. My teins are very stiff, and every bump and dip feels like a solid hit to the spine.

thanks for responding, it sounds like I definitely don't want that suspension that you have LOL I want a suspension that's a little bit forgiving on bumps but very stiff when it comes to cornering I wonder if anyone has encountered a suspension system like I'm talking about

Caoboy 06-01-2019 03:14 PM

Look into Progress Suspension. I had their CSii system and it was a good budget coilover system. You can customize the springrates to your liking.