Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need an advise really quick plz

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need an advise really quick plz

well this is my story :
about 3 or 4 weeks ago I got this full gsr swamp for about 1 grand but i had a bad piston ( it broke in the skirt part and all the pices went down to the oil pan thank god nothing hapend to the cylinder wall then I boug these stock ITR pistons ,they were 100 bux but then I saw this japanese friend that had a turbo for sale dunow what turbo was it but it said TD04 ON THE SIDE I did a little research about it and I couldn't find who was the maker of that turbo one page said that garrett maded for mitsubishy and other said it was maded by greddy but well anyhow I got it for 600 $ bux complete intercooler BOV and everithing the only thing that I need it the pipe that goes frome the turbo output to the intercooler inlet yeterday i went with a friend to street race and I told him about the turbo and he told me that the pistons were hig compression pistons and they were useless with my engine if I was going turbo i was like F@#$#%#CK I mess up on the pistons but then he told me that no worries I can buy a low compression headgasket for about 100 or so and that what i need help with is there anyway to confirm what my friend told me is it true can i just get a low compr headgasket instead of buying other PISTONS

btw moderators dont move this post this engine is of my eg 93 cx