Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Advise on B16 Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advise on B16 Headers

I have a B16a motor with ctr pistons, can someone please help me which headers to get?

A 4-2-1 Or a 4-1 headers? and what is the difference between the two. Its a daily driver.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Need Advise on B16 Headers (proJDM)

Old 05-26-2008, 08:47 AM

Old 05-26-2008, 08:45 PM

??
Old 05-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

4-1 imo
Old 05-26-2008, 09:46 PM

i got a b16a also, i run some 4-1 headers. difference? ehh not much really. the 4-1 may have a bit better flow, but it is 1 piece instead of a 2 piece. much better imo.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hands down!!! Talk to Kevin at TDM Products! This guy AND his product have time in research AND in class! Here is a person and company for all interested in quality for their B-Series exhaust will surely gravitate too.

My own personal vouch.

Click >>> https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2102570
Old 05-27-2008, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Need Advise on B16 Headers (Cookie)

thank you and thank you..........
Old 05-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cookie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hands down!!! Talk to Kevin at TDM Products! This guy AND his product have time in research AND in class! Here is a person and company for all interested in quality for their B-Series exhaust will surely gravitate too.

My own personal vouch.

Click &gt;&gt;&gt; https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2102570 </TD></TR></TABLE>

i noticed you threw time and research in there. what time and research did this guy conduct copying a well known header out of curiosity? real class lmfao
Old 05-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Advise on B16 Headers (hoo my gosh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hoo my gosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i noticed you threw time and research in there. what time and research did this guy conduct copying a well known header out of curiosity? real class lmfao </TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay. How about I toss this in;

For a real bang up job where you can save $800.00 of your hard earned dollars for the same thing, give or take,,, something someone plagiarized in this overtly capitalistic world we all know,,, contact the jackwad at the link provided above.

And please note that when you go through that above thread,, that there isn't a SINGLE PERSON that was satisfied by his/their product or service because dimensions where off of the original by 2 or 3 millimeters this way or that!

Now,,, go laugh your *** off with your thumbs up!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im not arguing with you, i agree that its the best bang for the buck header so dont get all butthurt and emo and stop crying about it. i just asked a simple question that you still didn't answer in that stupid unnecessary reply of yours lmfao
Old 05-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hoo my gosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not arguing with you, i agree that its the best bang for the buck header so dont get all butthurt and emo and stop crying about it. i just asked a simple question that you still didn't answer in that stupid unnecessary reply of yours lmfao </TD></TR></TABLE>

You have some serious issues, man. Many times in your latent homosexual way, you lay mention of "Butthurt", "Emo" and "Crying". Where you beat as a baby? Those things seem to be an admittance of self abuse or a bad past life, because they do not describe me.

If you aren't arguing with me then simply stop. I can answer a question, but talk to me like you have something to say rather than throwing insults. Respect given when received. However, if you feel poised behind your keyboard and you want to go,, bring it,, because I DO have more for you if you want.

Or, we can try again on a new level.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you're really missing the point. you obviously got butthurt (or should i say offended) from my question so you diverted away from answering it. you went on about how people are satisfied with a header and how it costs so much less when that had nothing to do with what i ASKED you. you said he put time and research into it, i asked HOW?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cookie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I can answer a question, but talk to me like you have something to say rather than throwing insults. Respect given when received. </TD></TR></TABLE>

obviously you cant. respect given when received is pretty funny considering you replied to my non chalant question in a defensive manner. lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cookie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Okay. How about I toss this in;

For a real bang up job where you can save $800.00 of your hard earned dollars for the same thing, give or take,,, something someone plagiarized in this overtly capitalistic world we all know,,, contact the jackwad at the link provided above.

And please note that when you go through that above thread,, that there isn't a SINGLE PERSON that was satisfied by his/their product or service because dimensions where off of the original by 2 or 3 millimeters this way or that!

Now,,, go laugh your *** off with your thumbs up! </TD></TR></TABLE>

so now you want to fight me or something? lol.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cookie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">However, if you feel poised behind your keyboard and you want to go,, bring it,, because I DO have more for you if you want. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess that new level is out of the question.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol whatever you say crybaby
Old 05-27-2008, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting back on topic, if you want good, high quality headers, Hytech makes excellent exhausts. I'd go with them
Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hoo my gosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i noticed you threw time and research in there. what time and research did this guy conduct copying a well known header out of curiosity? real class lmfao </TD></TR></TABLE>

Honestly, this was a very condescending remark.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by proJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a B16a motor with ctr pistons, can someone please help me which headers to get?

A 4-2-1 Or a 4-1 headers? and what is the difference between the two. Its a daily driver.

Thanks
</TD></TR></TABLE>

FYI, you are only going to run 1 HEADER (not plural) on your 4 banger.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The Toda 4-2-1 header is the best header for the B16 period. They can be found for around 600 or so.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:31 PM

4-2-1 have heard of some people who have used and had good results with cheapies DC and greddy are never a horrible choice - but just depends on what u want.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:45 PM

Default Re: (American.Graffiti)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by American.Graffiti &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Toda 4-2-1 header is the best header for the B16 period. They can be found for around 600 or so. </TD></TR></TABLE> i agree but where can u find it for $600? definitely want a good tune after or you will probably wont realize its full potential.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:57 AM

Default Re: (bonSI)

FYI, you are only going to run 1 HEADER (not plural) on your 4 banger.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction.....

Thanks! I really appreciate all your advise... I'll go with the 4-2-1 then and have a good tune. More (horse)power to you guys!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:00 PM

Anyone here ever run a megan header? I have heard good things, but they are so cheap i am cautious.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:14 PM
cute little bastard

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cookie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess that new level is out of the question. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Seriously though, hoo my gosh did make a good point. I'm sure your friend or w/e is an awesome guy and has great customer service, but there definitly isn't that much "research and time" put into a Hytech copy. There are numerous other underground companies out there that make Tri-Ys and fit perfectly. If he had made a completely different design then yeah I would say you're right, but it looks just like every other Rage, Hytech copy.

But back on topic, whats your budget, whats your setup, do you plan on staying all motor, or turbo one day? For a stockish B16 the best header to get for a decent price is a used JDM DC ITR 4-1 or a replica like Street Imports.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Need Advise on B16 Headers (SkoundrelUSA)

Budget is $200-$250. Im gonna go all motor for now. Set up is b16a with ctr pistons.

I heard that 4-2-1 is good for street (daily driver) and 4-1 is for drag. Is that correct?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by proJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I heard that 4-2-1 is good for street (daily driver) and 4-1 is for drag. Is that correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I run a RS*R header on my gsr, which is in my 95 hatch. My setup is also a DD high compression all motor setup. Ive never had any problems with this header and i believe it is a very high quality product. Another thing you need to consider is clearance. If your DD'in this car, and it is lowered, you are not going to be able to run a 4-1 without some clearance issues. My 4-2-1 has great clearance and can take on these NJ roads anyday.

Quick Reply: Need Advise on B16 Headers