Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My troubles with RACE-SPORT.NET

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My troubles with RACE-SPORT.NET

Alright. About three months ago (March 24), I ordered a Rev-lite Sequential Shift Light from Aaron at http://www.race-sport.net. About a week later, I recieved the unit and began to install. Once complete, I couldnt get it to operate properly. I tried getting a hold of the guys at race-sport to see if they had any tips/pointers on the installation. After all they have pics of their "race CHB" on their site(I drive a HB too). Maybe they used the same product at one time. After a few days of calling to no avail, I finally got a hold of them via email. Aaron informed me that a batch of faulty units were dispatched and that he would send me a replacement unit on good faith, provided I sent the old unit back. No big deal. I held on to my faulty unit for the time being.

Email:
I'm sorry to say that those sound like the symptoms of a faulty
unit...I'll
send a replacement on good faith provided you return the first once
we've
verified if the problem is in the car or the Rev-Lite. Sorry for the
problems but don't worried the units are warranted and I'll make it
right.

Aaron
Race-Sport
----- Original Message -----
To: <webmaster@race-sport.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 7:15 PM
Subject: Rev-Lite Sequential Shift Light

> I recently ordered and received a Rev-Lite Sequential
> Shift Light from your company. I have tried wiring it
> up both to the tach signal on the back of the cluster
> and to the negative terminal on the coil. Both have
> yeilded the same unsuccessful results. When the car is
> started, three or four lights come on and once the
> idle settles, two lights stay on (with the **** turned
> all the way). Nothing happens when the car is revved.
> The car is a 92 Civic HB with a B16A.
>
> I noticed you guys have a HB as well and Im wondering
> if you had any suggestions, or if you could share how
> you wired yours up.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian Moist

After waiting two or three weeks, I started to worry. After many more days of trying to get a hold of race-sport, I finally catch Aaron in the office. He states that I was to send my unit back and THEN he was going to send my unit out. Thats not what he said originally.

#1 WTF.

So I send my unit back. He gets it (delivery confirmation). This was at least two months ago. During this time (calling and emailing about once a week) I got a hold of him on the phone. He stated that he sent his entire stock back to be replaced, as he didnt want to send anymore faulty units out. The new units were to be in the next day, and he was to ship them out, OVERNIGHT, with a free t-shirt. That was about one month ago from now. Still no unit...

#2 WTF.

About a week ago, I started getting pretty damn fed up with all of this. I started calling about once a day (at assorted times), still emailing only once a week (never with a reply). Today, I tried the "Live chat" on AIM. He was there.

This was the conversation:

racesport2003: yes, I'm back...
moto27cm: aaron?
racesport2003: yup
moto27cm: This is Christian Moist, I was wondering if there was any progress made with my RevLite Meter.
racesport2003: let me look t up..order by phone or web?
moto27cm: It was by web.
racesport2003: ok give me a minute.....
moto27cm: Alright

<About 15 minutes later>

moto27cm: Any luck?

<About 60 minutes later>

moto27cm: Aaron?

<just before the end of the day, @ 5, he signed off>

Before leaving work, I tried calling, but got the voicemail, just like almost every other attempt. Im sick of this. At least he could communicate; give me some info on whats going on. Its only a $75 part, but its also a part that I could have used a long time ago. Im not sure what to do here, other than to warn others about race-sport.net and eat the loss.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My troubles with RACE-SPORT.NET (moto27cm)

sorry to hear...but **** does happen. i hate dealing w/ those type of problems. u did your part...can't do much about it now. u should keep bitching about it though. dont let him get away.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: My troubles with RACE-SPORT.NET (krazn)

I know. Thanks for the support.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:08 AM

Default Re: My troubles with RACE-SPORT.NET (moto27cm)

Called again this morning...no response. Left a message asking what happened to him yesterday on "live chat" and asking him to give me a call back. We'll see.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:59 AM

ownage

own him back
Old 06-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jokerluv)

Strange, in my experience Aaron has been a very responsible guy.
I bought a Rev-Lite from another company. It did not work. I called Aaron about buying an expensive SPA shift light to replace it. When he found out I had a bad Rev-Lite, he offered to replace it free of charge. He mailed it to me even before I returned my bad one. I installed the new one and it is working fine. I don't know why he is giving you the run-around now. Perhaps he has been waiting for the new batch of good units to arrive. But in that case he shouldn't have made promises that he couldn't keep.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dyg2001)

Hmm interesting. These guys sponsor a lot of the events around here. They're about a few blocks away from where I live.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:25 AM

Default Re: (dyg2001)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dyg2001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Strange, in my experience Aaron has been a very responsible guy.
I bought a Rev-Lite from another company. It did not work. I called Aaron about buying an expensive SPA shift light to replace it. When he found out I had a bad Rev-Lite, he offered to replace it free of charge. He mailed it to me even before I returned my bad one. I installed the new one and it is working fine. I don't know why he is giving you the run-around now. Perhaps he has been waiting for the new batch of good units to arrive. But in that case he shouldn't have made promises that he couldn't keep.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I completely concur. I havent heard of anyone else having problems like this. I completely understand if he is awaiting the new shipment (even though it has been a long time). I just dont see why he wont return/answer calls/emails. That is why I decided to post.

I would like to get this resolved, but Im losing more hope every time he doesnt return/answer my calls.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:08 AM

Default Re: (moto27cm)

UPDATE:I talked to the guys at Race-Sport today via AIM. He said this company no longer produces the item I had ordered. He is mailing a refund.

They appear to be really good people at r-s, offering to help in many ways. I guess **** happens to everyone, though.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (moto27cm)

What about that T-shirt you were promised, stay on them till you get your refund AND a T-shirt!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:00 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (jolt-tsp)

thats just sloppy. one company in the excel database that gets a iffy **** off mark
Old 08-18-2004, 11:40 AM

Default Re: (DewMota)

Im not really worried about the t shirt....I think they are OK people, but just didnt communicate very well. I dont see it happening again.

After all, I had all but written my $75 off. They just happened to be on Yahoo IM for their live support, so I IM'd them.