Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My swap wonít start

Old 05-28-2019, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default My swap wonít start

I swapped a b18b1 into my 96 civic coupe, and when I try to start it, the engine will try to start, but will not do so, my dash flashes my battery light on but I charged it up before I threw it in, what do I need to do? I checked all my grounds and everything has a good connection. I just want to get this thing running. Help me lol
Old 05-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My swap wonít start

It's normal for the battery light to come on with the key on and engine not running. The light actually means that the alternator is not working, which of course it can't work without the engine turning it at speed.

So you should do the usual cranks but won't start drill-- fuel, spark, ECU codes, timing, compression. Are any of the parts not stock for the B18 engine? If for example you have high flow fuel injectors, non standard fuel pressure, or a MAP sensor that is not the stock 1 bar, you have to chip and tune the ECU to compensate.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes sir, itís a completely stock b18b1 I did have to use my obd2 harness so I got rid of some sensors and am running some jumpers on some plugs but I donít think that would be a cause for concern.. or would it?
Old 05-29-2019, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The fuel feed line that you used... the one between the top of the fuel filter and the fuel rail... is it the one that came with your Civic or with the B18B swap ???
Old 05-30-2019, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mk378 View Post
fuel, spark, ECU codes, timing, compression
^^
Old 05-30-2019, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No spark
Old 05-30-2019, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 View Post
The fuel feed line that you used... the one between the top of the fuel filter and the fuel rail... is it the one that came with your Civic or with the B18B swap ???
I used the one with the swap, but Iím getting fuel, and no leaks or anything, but no spark :/
Old 05-30-2019, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

CEL codes?

Also test the coil.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: