Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My suspension dilemma... anyone know?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My suspension dilemma... anyone know?

I bought a rear disc conversion from a 94+ integra for my rears. I also bought brembo rotors for them... stock size which I BELIEVE is 10.2??? Then I have my stock front disc brakes which I also bought rotors for... which I BELIEVE is 9.2"??? They are brembo cadium plated cross drilled rotors.... will it be okay to have 10.2 in the back and 9.5 in the front?

Also, I know I need to get the master cylinder, brake booster, and prop valve... would they all work if I get them from a 2000 civic SI? Or do I need to go bigger on any of that?

Now I was told my ground control coilovers and my tokico illuminas would still all work with this...

So when I go to buy a suspension bushing kit, do I get it for a 92-95 civic all around? I'm guessing this would work???

When I get stainless steel brakelines, do I get those for integra 94+ or do I get them for civic???

And finally... brake pads, obviously I get fronts for the civic DX and back for the integra.... right?

Same with calipers?

And with a 2.0 drop all around... I would like to invest in a cheap camber kit. Yes I know.. alot of people say it's not worth it... but I would like to come as close to zero with everything as I can... and they set the toe to -0.03 correct? all around?

ingalls kit is the best from what I hear?

Any help with these thousands of newbie questions would be appreciated and I will hump your leg for days on end!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 02:50 PM

top!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95DXPhiladeph)

Okay, I don't know if I can answer it all, but here we go.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought a rear disc conversion from a 94+ integra for my rears. I also bought brembo rotors for them... stock size which I BELIEVE is 10.2??? Then I have my stock front disc brakes which I also bought rotors for... which I BELIEVE is 9.2"??? They are brembo cadium plated cross drilled rotors.... will it be okay to have 10.2 in the back and 9.5 in the front?
Also, I know I need to get the master cylinder, brake booster, and prop valve... would they all work if I get them from a 2000 civic SI? Or do I need to go bigger on any of that?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Okay. First things first. I wouldn't run the larger rotors in the rear. Until you get the new MC/BB/Prop valve you already are starving your rears for the pressure they really need to be used 100%. Also, since you already have so little bias for the rear I don't know if this will even be safe.

I would go with the 15/16 MC from the Integra RS instead of the 7/8 in the 99-00 SI.

You don't NEED those things, but I would suggest getting them. If you've already payed for the rear disks, why not get everything you need to stop better?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Now I was told my ground control coilovers and my tokico illuminas would still all work with this...
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Correct

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So when I go to buy a suspension bushing kit, do I get it for a 92-95 civic all around? I'm guessing this would work???</TD></TR></TABLE>
I would also guess you are correct on this since you are not replacing your EG suspension with the Teg stuff.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When I get stainless steel brakelines, do I get those for integra 94+ or do I get them for civic??? </TD></TR></TABLE>
For the 94+ Teg or a 99-00 SI. Either one will work.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And finally... brake pads, obviously I get fronts for the civic DX and back for the integra.... right?

Same with calipers?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I think you should rethink your larger disk on the back idea and then regroup. You need the fronts for the DX as your doing adn the rears for the Teg as you're planning.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And with a 2.0 drop all around... I would like to invest in a cheap camber kit. Yes I know.. alot of people say it's not worth it... but I would like to come as close to zero with everything as I can... and they set the toe to -0.03 correct? all around?

ingalls kit is the best from what I hear?

Any help with these thousands of newbie questions would be appreciated and I will hump your leg for days on end!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know jack about camber kits, but you can do the rears with washers. I'd take it and try to get it aligned. I BELIEVE that the toe specs on an EG are .8 and .4 (front and rear respectively), but I honestly don't know 100%.

I would also say that a camber kit is overrated.

And you can keep your leg humping.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:13 PM

I am pretty sure i bought stock SIZED rotors for the rear (integra 94+) and the front (stock 95 DX rotors)... I just figured the back ones were bigger in size (being from an integra), I might be incorrect...

here is the auction link for the fronts:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...65551

the auction gives me the impression they're stock size...

and heres the link for the back:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...65598

they also appear to be stock size... only both sets are cadium plated, and cross drilled...

i havent put anything on yet, and only plant to do so once i acquire the 4040 prop valve, 15/16MC, and a 94+ integra non-abs brake booster...

I'll probably just get a cheap all around camber-kit to be safe to get as close to 0 as possible, then have them adjust the toe, once I find out what the settings are supposed to be?

I'm guessing they probably HAVE the toe settings in the hunter allignment system at my shop when they enter in the vehicle type?

THANKS!
Old 04-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you look B18C5-EH2 has made numerous posts in the alignment threads about getting the toe back to the stock specs...which I'm pretty damn sure is .8 and .4.

As far as sizing...I'm honestly not 100%. I've got 96 ITRs on mine, so I don't even know if they're the same size as regular Teggy rears.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

Awesome! Thank you very much! My final question is do I get the camber kit (front and rear) for a 95 civic all around?

Thanks for all your help!
Old 04-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes. I would only order the front though. Changing the camber with washers in the rear is much cheaper.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:28 PM

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

thanks!
Old 04-05-2004, 04:31 PM

if anyone knows the stock rotor sizes for the following... please reply!!

94-2001 LS integra rear discs
95 civic DX coupe front discs

THANKS!
Old 04-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have it backwards.

A gsr's brakes are FRONT: 10.3" and REAR 9.2" I dont know for sure, but i think they are the same for an LS.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: (dohcdelsol)

so if the rear are 9.2", the fronts on a 95 dx coupe would be 9.2" also? so I should be fine right?...
Old 04-05-2004, 05:06 PM

anyone know the 95 Civic DX Coupe stock rotor size?
Old 04-05-2004, 05:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone know the 95 Civic DX Coupe stock rotor size?</TD></TR></TABLE>

9.2 or 9.3, you seriously need to upgrade your front brakes. Its not worth it to just put rear discs on, unless you go through rear shoes alot, and want the convenience of pads, which I doubt is the case.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: (743power)

aftermarket rotors on the front and back plus s/s brake lines and aftermarket pads on front and back wont do the job?

and for the back, the mc, prop valve and booster...

crossed drilled brembo cadium plated rotors, axxis pads, earls s/s lines...

so I'll have 9.3" rears and 9.2 or 9.3" fronts...

or

Modified by 95DXPhiladeph at 3:05 AM 4/6/2004
Old 04-05-2004, 06:05 PM

top... so is my last post alright?
or am i going to need to do a front disc brake swap too?
Old 04-05-2004, 06:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">top... so is my last post alright?
or am i going to need to do a front disc brake swap too?</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont half *** it, you're doing everything else right. If you dont have the money, skip the bling brembos and get regular rotors from autozone or something, you'll never notice the difference.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Youre stressing way too much over the diameters. Don't you know that even if the rear is a slightly larger diameter, it is still much much less surface area than the front?

If you are keeping your stock fronts and putting LS discs on the rear, keep your current prop valve and master cylinder. Upgrade those if you do a complete front and rear disc brake conversion.

I ended up getting an aftermarket adjustable prop valve, and the brake lines had to be modified so that it would work properly front to rear.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Re: (shaundrake)

So a 300WHP turbo b18c with rear teg discs, with rotors, pads, s/s brake lines... front civic discs with rotors, pads, and s/s brake lines will have plenty of stopping power?

it's not like im drifting, I just want to be safe...

and why would i keep stock MC and Prop Valve? Wouldnt the bigger ones help? And sup with the brake booster?
Old 04-05-2004, 06:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So a 300WHP turbo b18c with rear teg discs, with rotors, pads, s/s brake lines... front civic discs with rotors, pads, and s/s brake lines will have plenty of stopping power?

it's not like im drifting, I just want to be safe...

and why would i keep stock MC and Prop Valve? Wouldnt the bigger ones help? And sup with the brake booster?</TD></TR></TABLE>

keep the proportioning valve, because the integra one is designed to be used with integra front and rear brakes. Put in the booster and master cylinder.

I still dont get why you are opposed to putting the fronts on too. Why have a 300whp motor, and skimp out on $100 for front brake assembly. If you live in Philly, look up Al's auto in Trevose, by Neshaminy. They have lots of honda stuff there and good prices.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:22 PM

only reason being i already purchased the front rotors, if i can cancel then i will...

wheres a good place to get the front assembly online?
Old 04-05-2004, 06:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">only reason being i already purchased the front rotors, if i can cancel then i will...

wheres a good place to get the front assembly online?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.als-auto.com/
Old 04-05-2004, 06:47 PM

damn, didnt find any on that site
Old 04-05-2004, 06:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn, didnt find any on that site</TD></TR></TABLE>

just email them or call them. They have like 20 integra motors there, I'm sure they have the front brakes.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:58 PM

okay so i just purchased a rear conversion with abs, and rotors for it... im not sure if its an LS, or GSR or what... but I hear they're all the same... (its from importautosalvage)... the description says:

1994 ACURA ACURA INTEGRA (Interchangable part is a 1998 ACURA INTEGRA) w/ABS REAR SUSPENSION COMPLETE / Same Year or Newer part only Actual year:1998 Miles:17,000 Comments:3DR-VTEC-WITH 536-LESS 512 [47.

now I need to know should I get GSR fronts... because with the GSR front I can get prop valve, mc, and BB from a 2000 GSR... i know someone whos selling them...

i dont know the sizes on that stuff eithers... whether its a 4040 prop valve, 15/16 MC, or whatever.... but would that be able to power it all around?

and i could still use my coilovers, shocks, suspension bushings... that's too pimp!

and I got them to give me front integra rotors too, so now i HAVE to do front swap

after all this all i need is the S/S lines, and pads!
Old 04-05-2004, 07:14 PM

if you want a bolt up combo, get the rs mc/bb and 40/40 valve. I can't say for sure if the prop valves are the same between abs/and non, but i think the lines are way different. I know the gsr MC requires bending or flaring. You cant use an abs booster with an abs MC.

Quick Reply: My suspension dilemma... anyone know?