Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my stereo got stolen, question about the wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my stereo got stolen, question about the wiring

******* thieves stole my whole stereo tonight... unfortunately it was my own ******* fault because I didn't remove the faceplate. Both doors were locked, I had people in the car with me who also checked the locks in addition to myself when we got out of the car. Also it doesn't look like they jimmyed the door because there are no scratches and the liner is still tight. When we got back to the car both doors were unlocked though... seems like someone is walking around with a master key or something.

The car got broken into in the parking lot of Montclare Bowling on Harlem between Belmont and Diversey. The parking lot is indoors and the ******* guard was no help either. He didn't see **** so apparently someone already there broke in quietly, took my radio, got in their car and left.

Question 1: they cut the wires and pulled the unit - are any of the wires hot? do i need to ground or tape off any of them?

Question 2: the light for "D" on my gauge luster doesn't work... all of the lights for the other gears do work though... I know it's a trivial thing, but I'm guessing that the cut wiring is what fucked this up. Can someone tell me what to reconnect or whatever to get it back on?

I'll take a few pictures in the morning... Car is a 93 Civic Coupe. I'm going to ******* get rid of this thing and ride in a shitbox from now on. ******* retards even went into my trunk, stole my glass wipes and left my radar detector What asshats.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: my stereo got stolen, question about the wiring (xunsungheroesx)

Theives suck.

Yeah to be on the safe side I always wrap that stuff up.

My stereo just got stolen, they took the amp and crossovers left my tools and aluminum jack oh yeah and my Momo steering wheel. Luckily for me it was at my installers when it happened so I get all new stuff.

Good Luck.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my stereo got stolen, question about the wiring (RangerDan)

yea some one might have had a key that fits youre car, my civic key will open my moms accord and start it.

i dont think the wires are hot but i would disconnect the battery to be sure