Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my speakers wont work now

Old 02-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my speakers wont work now

wassup fellas. i have a sexy ej8. i put a radio stock cassett radio on it and it work fine for a long time until one day i hit a bump on the freeway that i thought wasnt that bad at all but right after that happend my none of my speakers work! my radio functions and everything but my speak seem like theyre off. any ideas?
Old 02-17-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: my speakers wont work now (raphael)

probably a lose wire. Pull the deck and check the wires
Old 02-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: my speakers wont work now (raphael)

I would bet its a lose wire..or your radio took a **** when you hit that bump..
Old 02-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any on else
Old 02-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just double checked all of the wires and they are all good. how do i know because i did it all over again...please help i am about to go on a roadtrip and i need my music to work
Old 02-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: (raphael)

try your old radio..or another radio if you can get your hands on one..
Old 02-17-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: (b16nonoy)

I dont listen to music in any of my cars..tired of some of todays wack music....
if all else fails though...and you cant buy a new radio...my friend got some speakers wired it to his MP3 player and put it on his babies stroller for when he goes walking around...hEhE he jimmy rigged the **** out of it..people think its all built in the stroller.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

isnt there some sort of fuse somewhere
Old 02-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16nonoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont listen to music in any of my cars..tired of some of todays wack music....
if all else fails though...and you cant buy a new radio...my friend got some speakers wired it to his MP3 player and put it on his babies stroller for when he goes walking around...hEhE he jimmy rigged the **** out of it..people think its all built in the stroller.</TD></TR></TABLE>
nice! dont know how the baby feels about his whip gettin worked on tho
Old 02-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

same thing happen to my deck, i put a amp and sub in, got everything to work for one week, then i turned the volume down to zero, shut car off. next morning started car, turned up the volume and NO VOLUME NOW!!! WTF!?!?! everything reads and works, but no sound!!!! i doubled checked the wires tooo! PLEASE PEOPLE HELP US!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure none of the speakers are shorted out in there location. I seen this happen plenty on times. You hit a bump in the road and the speakers jiggle loose and short out in the doors or back pannels. I would also pull the radio and test each speaker leads. And bad speaker could shut the whole radio down because of a bad voice coil and put the radio into protection mode
Old 02-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blueb16-em1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blueb16-em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">same thing happen to my deck, i put a amp and sub in, got everything to work for one week, then i turned the volume down to zero, shut car off. next morning started car, turned up the volume and NO VOLUME NOW!!! WTF!?!?! everything reads and works, but no sound!!!! i doubled checked the wires tooo! PLEASE PEOPLE HELP US!</TD></TR></TABLE> help us indeed <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Make sure none of the speakers are shorted out in there location. I seen this happen plenty on times. You hit a bump in the road and the speakers jiggle loose and short out in the doors or back pannels. I would also pull the radio and test each speaker leads. And bad speaker could shut the whole radio down because of a bad voice coil and put the radio into protection mode</TD></TR></TABLE>its unlikely that every speaker shorted at the same exact time u know where is the fuse for the speakers
Old 02-17-2007, 03:23 PM

speaking of fuses...check there might be a fuse in the back of the radio...and also check under the driver side..the fuse box there..check em all
Old 02-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First, there is no fuse for speakers. Second, I did not say all the speakers are bad or shorted out. Third, If it is a bad speaker and you put anothor radio in. Its going to give you the same problem that you our having right now. Follow a list of order and work your way down. Start with the headunit and move on to the speakers to find the problem. Trust me I see this everyday.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what should i be looking for first
Old 02-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok what should i be looking for first
Old 02-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check your fuses...there is one in the engine bay marked as the radio fuse...i believe it is the 7.5amp fuse...

and um, i would probably take wrx sti killer's word for it...im not sure if you noticed his sig, but to me, it seems as if he is a stereo guru of some sorts...
Old 02-17-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: (SLoWpOkECiViC)

i didnt say there are fuse in the speakers if that is wrx was saying...but yea take wrx word..he sounds like he does this kinda stuff for a job or hobby...or just know how to mess around with audio...

check all fuses that have to do with the radio.....engine bay, under driver side dash..and there MIGHT be one behind the head unit...also if you have an amp. for the speakers..check the wiring there and check if it has a fuse..
Old 02-17-2007, 04:01 PM

wrx killer is 100% correct. you shorted out a speaker. what you need to do is check the speaker wires connected to all of your speakers (in the front door and on the rear deck) and make sure they are not touching metal. if you replaced any speakers check them first. if you did not replace speakers pull your radio out and make sure that none of the wires are touching metal.

if you power your radio off while the ignition is on listen for a popping sound from a speaker. this can sometimes help you locate which speaker may be grounding out. what ever speaker pops is your problem speaker.

if you still can not find a grounded speaker wire by your speakers or behind the radio, you will need to disconnect each speaker wire behind the radio 1 at a time. each speaker has 2 wires, positive and negative. search for a radio wire diagram for your car on the internet so you know which wires to disconnect. do each wire 1 at a time!

if 1 speaker is bad in your car it could put your stereos built in amp into safe mode which causes it to not produce any sound.

hope this helped ya.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:05 PM

if the radio fuse was blown the radio would not power up at all. only check for fuses if you have an after market amp in the car attached to your speakers.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: (erich73)

true for erich and wrx....
Old 02-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Did you check the Harness on the back of the stereo? it might be the connection there that might have come loose.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its really rare that a honda radio blows it sound output stage. Eric good advice on how to break it down. Yea I been in the audio/security industry for 15 years. I specialize in honda security/audio. But I do all make and models. Also whats a ej8. I know the meaning but dam I can't remember them all. I can link you to a webpage with your wire diagram for your radio.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ej8=1996 honda civic ex coupe...eric i couldnt make out exactly what u were sayin
Old 02-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my speakers wont work now