Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My smoke screen button works too good ! - My build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My smoke screen button works too good ! - My build thread.

Every time I touch my gas pedal I leave the people behind me in a cloud of smoke !!! Its funny the first time or two then its just plain embarrassing. I think we all have owned a smoking Honda at one point or another.

Im pushing 180 000 miles on the original motor . . 284000 kilometres

My car started smoking a few weeks after my oil dummy light came on . . .

I pulled the spark plugs out and had a look . . . #3 and #4 plugs a little black . . . reach for the rad cap with ninja like reflexes looking at level and for oil . . . shizzle theres some oil . .

Ok . .. lets replace the head gasket . . . but damn while I do that I may as well do a MINI Me swap Y7/Y8. .. I gathered the parts for my car .. . I wanted it to be easy as possible . . plug and play . . . got 99 1.6 EL head, intake, harness right to the ESC, the ESC, the knock sensor . . . only a secone 02 sensor to wire up and a primary o2 to extend. (used an old plug from an old o2 and a plug from my unused DX harness . . fashioned an extension cord type deal . . plug and play

I had the head port and polished . . cleaned up . . valves opened up a little . . . port matched . . . was dirt cheap so I went 3/4 of the way to town . . . no modifications to the deck height, head was true already.

I got a whole new gasket kit . . head, intake, exhaust yada yada yada . .

fired it up . . didn't run so well . . spent 2 weeks maybe 3 weeks daily driver style trying to keep it on the road . . .no matter what I did I couldn't get it to run right at all . . . .

always came back to the timing . . . cam/crank

got an adjustable cam gear . .. adjusted for the 1/2 tooth I was off . . ran like a top . .

BUT IT STILL SMOKED !!!!!

So I decided I need to aquire a temporary motor while I rebuild this one I have already spent so much on.

So the other day I took that nitrous kit I was bragging about going to use to beat my civic engine into submission with . . (or send it to the scrap pile) and I traded for this list of items. its a complete engine . . .

JDM D15B . . . . so what you say . . .check the pictures . . . only those who know what this is can comment lol
p28 with P07 Maps (if that's not a give away)
S20 B000 Tranny
Obd2B - OBD1 harness
complete working engine . . see pics . . ..

the guy wanted something different after a week of use, he didn't think his swap was running right it had very little power . . .

the engine came from a reputable importer . . .

I want to go even slower than stock . . . when I put in my rebuilt 8500/9000rpm d series monster I wanna be blown away !!!!!

Im going to try the S20 B000 tranny for a little to see its functionality . . .grinds . . yada yada . . . if its good ill pull it out and send it to be cleaned . . If its bad I will rebuild it and use it for the d series monster

Make me happy Im a sohc die hard.

so I only have 2 questions . . . for today

1. if I get the NGK wideband o2 will it work with the P28

I want to go really slow my research said I need it to take advantage of lean burn . .

2. I know what model civic the transmission is from . . . I do not know if it is EG or EK . . . if it is EG . . what mounts do I use to install it to my EK . . the EK mounts from my S40 . . and how do I tell before I pull the s40 and compare . .

This is the start of my build thread .. . I will add pics and info as time passes . . I have quite a few customizations on the way.
Attached Images