Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My Si' was stolen today. (UTAH)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Si' was stolen today. (UTAH)

Yep, it has happened. They took my 99' Si from my wifes work today. In broad daylight, at 2:01PM. She works at the Grand America Hotel in SLC, Ut. They have the whole thing on tape from two different buildings. ******* dipshit security did absolutly nothing, just watched it happen, and called the SLC PD.

About three weeks ago, I had the car broken into, and they jacked my stereo. I considered myself lucky, that that was all they took. So, I started searching HT for the best ways to protect my car. I came across a post by shaundrake
along with his website. Armed with that info, I started to gather things up, to do the fuel pump kill switch, etc. Last weekend I had a new alarm installed, at a reputable shop here. They of course just did the typical install. So, this weekend I was planning on "hiding" the alarm, like in shaundrake's how-to, and install my fuel pump kill switch. I guess I'm the dumbshit for not doing it last week.

There were four dipshits. Three guys, and a ******* piece of **** bitch.

The alarm worked great! until they disabled it.

Also, I am pretty muched getting fucked in the ***. I only carried liabilty insurance, as I never figured I would need full coverage. I trust my driving, but not others. But, after the break in, I was scheduled to have my new policy change over May 1st. Again, stupid me for not doing it sooner.

Anyways, the details on my car. It was a 99 'EBP EM1. I had intake, STB, stock exhaust, and that was about it. When my car shows up in a few days, stripped out. I am anxious to see if they get my wheels off or not. I know locking lugs are not fool proof, but we shall see.

License plate number, was Utah- 186 MXX (for the utah people) My rear bumper had a crack in it, and the front edge of the hood was dented slightly. I also had the "Utah Watch Your Car" program stickers in the front top center window, and drivers side lower, rear window. Stickers looked like this:

Here is a pic of my car.

****, I'm so pissed right now.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Si' was stolen today. (my_slow_civic)

Man sorry to hear, another one bites the dust
good luck
Old 04-19-2005, 02:48 PM

soo sorry to hear about that bro...every day these cars get stolen...if mine was ever stole idk what i would do....sorry for ur loss...
Old 04-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Trial User

**** sorry to hear about it.

hopefully they can catch those sons of bitches.............and shoot them in the face

Hope you get it back soon.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Si' was stolen today. (WildPig)

That's the hotel i stayed in last year when i visted SLC for work. I'm sorry that happened bro, I never would have guessed that would happen there.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Si' was stolen today. (DJ_SaNdOz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJ_SaNdOz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's the hotel i stayed in last year when i visted SLC for work. I'm sorry that happened bro, I never would have guessed that would happen there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The company forces the employees to park off property, and sign a waiver releasing them from any damage, etc. Then they do jack **** to secure the lot. They will hear from me. I already called and talked to the security manager. That was a waste of time.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will keep my eyes open, I say get gephart on those Grand America bitches. That sucks that SLC is getting worse and worse.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:08 PM
dAng!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by my_slow_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yep, it has happened. They took my 99' Si from my wifes work today. In broad daylight, at 2:01PM. She works at the Grand America Hotel in SLC, Ut. They have the whole thing on tape from two different buildings. ******* dipshit security did absolutly nothing, just watched it happen, and called the SLC PD.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd be filing a lawsuit against the hotel administration and the security gaurds.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: My Si' was stolen today. (Russ713)

Are you ******* serious the security did nothing about it?! Sounds kinda shady.... almost like they were in on it **** thieves more and more cars are getting stolen in utah I too would be doing something about the grand america hotel but it seems like a wavier was signed but who knows there are always ways
Old 04-19-2005, 03:14 PM

so wait, you own a 99 SI, which is probably worth over 10 grand, and don't take out theft insurance? is it just me or is that stupid....
Old 04-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sickity)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickity &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so wait, you own a 99 SI, which is probably worth over 10 grand, and don't take out theft insurance? is it just me or is that stupid....</TD></TR></TABLE>

No ****. Theft = Full coverage here. You're right, it is dumb. I had it scheduled to start May 1st.

I never really carried full coverage, for a few reasons. One, I own the car, so there is no leinholder. Two, I trust my driving. I trust myself to not wreck my car, and not need my full coverage benefits. If someone hits me, its there insurance that pays for it.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:21 PM

Old 04-19-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: (my_slow_civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by my_slow_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No ****. Theft = Full coverage here. You're right, it is dumb. I had it scheduled to start May 1st.

I never really carried full coverage, for a few reasons. One, I own the car, so there is no leinholder. Two, I trust my driving. I trust myself to not wreck my car, and not need my full coverage benefits. If someone hits me, its there insurance that pays for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry to hear about that. But about that "trust" factor you speak of... I know you trust yourself, but you can never trust others. People get screwed over because they think this way.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your car theft. Hopefully it will be recovered soon with none to little damage.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheIntegraGuy)

My liability insurance does offer a protection plan.

They offer a $2500 reward for info in the recovery of my car, the arrest, and conviction of the **** who jacked my car.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:27 PM
'

3 guys and a bitch huh?

well if y'all got it on camera... what did they look like?

i'm guessing they probably followed the car or figured this out. otherwise, an alarm going off in parking lot? and no one did ****?

Only proves to everyone my theory is correct. Alarms don't do jack ****. UNLESS you are there within proximaty of the car. No one cares about other people's car. Even the damn security didn't do ****. Why spend $200 on alarm, when you can spend $500 on LoJack. You'd have your car back right now and the punks be in jail. Also, they cut the alarm? Atleast should have wired up KILL SWITCHES, fuel kill, igntion kill. Would have taken them MUCH LONGER... to deal with. Did you have autolock? etc.etc.

I'm really surprised, did they really just sat there, 4 people just taking their lovely dandy time in BROAD DAYLIGHT and in front of ppl especially a security guard!?!?!

feel sorry for your SI man. THis is like the 2nd or 3RD Si so far this past 3 weeks that got jacked.

We are now on a ROLL here! One SI jacked per week.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (L337HXR)

No lojack dealers in Utah, anywhere. The PD where I live, cant even track a car with lojack.

I already looked into it.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by my_slow_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No lojack dealers in Utah, anywhere. The PD where I live, cant even track a car with lojack.

I already looked into it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I feel you. Hrrm.. atleast could have throw in some kill switches? go to audio/security section and look at top first post about my kill switch guide.

Atleast i'm willing to bet $10 that my kill switches, if wired correctly and hidden correctly WOULD HAVE slowed them down.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by L337HXR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I feel you. Hrrm.. atleast could have throw in some kill switches? go to audio/security section and look at top first post about my kill switch guide.

Atleast i'm willing to bet $10 that my kill switches, if wired correctly and hidden correctly WOULD HAVE slowed them down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, I have all the parts for the kill swich. They were to be put in this weekend.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sucks.. and to think all you had to do was remove your main relay and the car had a better chance of still being there. kill switches, all cars have a main relay that controls the cars fuel pump. so if you really think about it no sense in cutting any oem wires to make a kill switch. plus its a given the switch will be close to where you sit anyway. but most thieves dont carry a main relay switch with them. plus you can relocate the main relay somewhere else aswell.

sucks car looked very nice and clean.

and you should always have full coverage if you want to get any money back, and be protected in court. regardless if the other part who hits you has insurance. when you only have liability. your insurance company does not help you with anything. (court, letigation, claims etc) if the other party wants to fight your claim you go to court.. which comes out of your pocket .. but if you have full coverage your insurance company pays for all the legal bullshit...

this is the real reason why you want full coverage, its the personal liability that could arise from any accident.. which 95% of the time someone will claim injuries well above the insurance payout whether minor or not.

good luck
Old 04-19-2005, 03:44 PM
DFW
Honda-Tech Member

<FONT COLOR="orange"><FONT SIZE="6"> **** THEIVES MAN!</FONT></FONT>
Old 04-19-2005, 03:44 PM

lo jack... i don't know. i just ran into somebody at the autobody who got his **** pulled in front of his house. the day he parked it behind his sisters car (instead of in front) it was gone. he had lo jack on it... didn't find his car unitl 2 weeks later. offtopic but they sell lo jacks for motorcycles... to bad the thing doesn't transmit signals behind 1/2 an inch of any solid material.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by my_slow_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I never really carried full coverage, for a few reasons. One, I own the car, so there is no leinholder. Two, I trust my driving. I trust myself to not wreck my car, and not need my full coverage benefits. If someone hits me, its there insurance that pays for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah but you don't need "full coverage" to have theft, you can have theft insurance and not have Collision, collision is what drives up the price a lot, I had ONLY theft on my car and it was less then $40, as it was being working on and not driven just so no one stole it or anything....too bad man....cathc these *******...
Old 04-19-2005, 03:46 PM

aside from the fact the SI is the only model with electron blue, maybe people should start changing the SI emblems to EX as theft deterrant... :S
Old 04-19-2005, 04:22 PM
'

Default Re: (sickity)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickity &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aside from the fact the SI is the only model with electron blue, maybe people should start changing the SI emblems to EX as theft deterrant... :S</TD></TR></TABLE>

still i'm utterly shocked. Because he said FOUR people, 3 guys, 1 chick, at BROAD DAYLIGHT, at a hotel parking lot !!! just went at it...and took off.....

talk about being inconspicuous.... these guys just had nothing to lose or something...

most likely your rims are gone. Those SI wheels are worth $$$ on eBay. The seats are gone probably too. And maybe your SI cluster. And if they're really smart, that b16 is gone too.

*sign* thats why i'm going to Toyota next. no more hondas. don't have to worry about getting jacked as much.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry about your loss man, must really suck having your car stolen.

I know you probably dont wanna hear this ****, but I have to comment on this "I trust my driving" thing. You cant be sure that you're not gonna cause an accident, you think people who wreck wanted to, or knew they were gonna wreck??? You were also rolling around in $10k with no insurance, and so many people's eyes on those $10k's. Make smarter insurance choices when you get your next car. Dont take this as bashing, take it as good advice.

Quick Reply: My Si' was stolen today. (UTAH)