Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

MY SHIT WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY **** WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE!

Story : Well one day...i was on my way to see a motor. I missed the street i was suppose to go on...so i turned into the next light to make a U-turn. While i was making the U-turn...i'd say it was a good -20 mph turn. I heard something snap (@ first i thought it was my axles) but...then i couldnt turn or steer at all! i called up a bunch of my friends to help me...and we found out that my hub didnt have anymore teeths to fully lock with the "screw". So we put on some washers ghetto style (to @ least drive it home)....and then one day...

Problem : New hub wont go in...because the screw's teeths are all stripped and ****. Nug wont fit into the screw because the screw broke into a half...

Next day...we tried to take out the nut and guess what? It stripped and fucken broke the screw IN HALF! NOW IM EVEN MORE F**KED!

Can anybody identify the peice that im pointing at? Does it belong to a one giant peice or can i just REPLACE that screw peice? **** i dont know where to get it...any suggestions?

My OLD hub...dam that **** is SOOO BALD! Peice of **** **** me off!

Brand new momo hub...that i got from Inlinefour.

Now : My car cant even turn...its parked crooked on my parking space. Please somebody help me indentify that screw peice with the teeths and all. Is it permanetly connected to the "steering column" (i think thats whats it called) or can i get it separately and just replace the screw? ITS SOO STRESSING WITHOUT A CAR...i work 2 jobs and its a bitch to get around. 11+ hours a day PLEASE HELP ME H-T!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:26 PM

Default Re: MY **** WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE! (trooper0641)

well i can't really offer you too much help, but your story and pics gave me a pretty good laugh . https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=382416 thats a good read to start. it those splines are not aligned perfectly that will happen. good luck
Old 12-17-2003, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MY **** WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE! (jwn7)

ttt
Old 12-17-2003, 06:53 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: MY **** WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE! (trooper0641)

you need a new steering column. from the looks of it, your aftermarket steering wheel was loose, and after prolonged use, the threads on both got fuxored. sorry. if i were you, search local junkyard and get a new column. good luck.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MY **** WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE! (rodney)

New COLUMN! holy sh*t im screwed...how much would that be!
Old 12-17-2003, 07:25 AM

i have one with a key if ya want it or i can take the ignition assembly off if ya dont want it. let me know
Old 12-17-2003, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedDelSol si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedDelSol si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have one with a key if ya want it or i can take the ignition assembly off if ya dont want it. let me know </TD></TR></TABLE>
Dam you live in NY! I have to get this fix quick! Swapping b16 next tuesday!

Does anybody know if all steering columns are interchangable? Can i use any steering column from all civics ranging from 88-00?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:34 AM

well mine is from a 93 hatch so im assuming you have a coupe so mine will fit but im not sure about other years and their compatibility
Old 12-17-2003, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedDelSol si)

I have a 92 hatch...look @ my icon
Old 12-17-2003, 07:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need a new steering column. from the looks of it, your aftermarket steering wheel was loose, and after prolonged use, the threads on both got fuxored. sorry. if i were you, search local junkyard and get a new column. good luck. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what he said..
Old 12-17-2003, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MY **** WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE! (Grease Monkey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Grease Monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what he said..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I = F**KED
Old 12-17-2003, 08:08 AM

just change the steering column, its not that hard...
Old 12-17-2003, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HOLY SH*T! I called the dealer and asked for the steering column...he said... $364! WTF! IM FUCKED!
Old 12-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Try going to a junkyard.. I'm sure it should be much cheaper
Old 12-17-2003, 08:37 AM

Default Re: MY **** WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE! (Ngo Power)

man i was drunk last night... i thought that was the ******* axle... haha. i gotta quit giving people drunk advice. hahahah
Old 12-17-2003, 08:39 AM

Default Re: MY **** WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE! (jwn7)

you say you need it for a swap on tuesday? you got almost a week for it to come. it should be there even if i used ground. ill give it to ya for like 75 bucks and you pay shipping.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MY **** WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE! (RedDelSol si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedDelSol si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you say you need it for a swap on tuesday? you got almost a week for it to come. it should be there even if i used ground. ill give it to ya for like 75 bucks and you pay shipping.</TD></TR></TABLE>

**** gtg work...please help me good bye
Old 12-17-2003, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you're in SoCal. It should be pretty easy to find an EG in a junk yard. And since you're doing a swap I'd imagine that you can turn a couple bolts . . . . it should be pretty straight forward to swap out a column.

And this time get yourself a steering wheel adapter that fits!!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trooper0641 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HOLY SH*T! I called the dealer and asked for the steering column...he said... $364! WTF! IM FUCKED!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i could have told you that,,,, get on the 5 north get off on penrose ave make a right turn then make a left turn on san fernando rd ( going west =left at SFrd) and you will see tons of honda-acura junk yards... or look in the phone book..

picked up a 40/40 valve, teg booster and Mc for $75 bucks.. can beat that..
Old 12-17-2003, 10:01 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trooper0641 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
please help me good bye</TD></TR></TABLE>

call a local junkyard and just buy a column. simple swap, can be done in a few hourse max. oh, and stop bitching... you screwed it up, now you just have to fix it. i told you what to do, and short of us (h-t) flying out there and swapping the column for you, there is nothing more we can do. just get another column, and then if you have any problems installing it, let us know. good luck
Old 12-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> oh, and stop bitching... you screwed it up, now you just have to fix it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I bought the car and it came with a aftermarket momo steering wheel...i guess i got juked by the owner who did a horrible job on the steering wheel.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That isn't bad! I've spent that in gaskets and bolts at honda before! Get the column! 364 isn't bad for what all comes with it!
Old 12-17-2003, 02:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trooper0641 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought the car and it came with a aftermarket momo steering wheel... </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, sorry, i thought you installed it incorrectly. i retract what i said in the above post. seriously, but a column... easy as hell to install.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok, sorry, i thought you installed it incorrectly. i retract what i said in the above post. seriously, but a column... easy as hell to install. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool, i guess i still have some hope. Thanks for your support guys.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

New problem...

The clamp on my starter...how am i suppose to take that out and put on my new column?

The ****!? Is it suppose to be like this? Where are the screws so i can take it off?

Stuck...no gap to pull it out.

Are there suppose to be screws instead of what these clamps are?

Quick Reply: MY SHIT WONT STEER! NEED FIXIN'...INDENTIFY THIS PEICE!