Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

In my search for Honda Knowledge Supremacy (J/K), I have found this good question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In my search for Honda Knowledge Supremacy (J/K), I have found this good question...

http://www.talkaboutautos.com/....html

Was researching what a Honda Civic EXo was (a heavily equipped EX model, right?), and I came across this guy's questions. It says:

"Does anyone have a similar problem? For a year now, My '93 Civic engine has been unable to start. The engine turns over, but is unable to engage. Nothing happens. Someone thought it might be a vapor lock problem. For example, if I open the gas tank, let the air in and then wait a bit, the engine will eventually start. I've been to the HONDA dealership in addition to another mechanic and nobody knows what the problem is. I have noticed, however, that when I get the oil and oil filter changed, the problem goes away for a few months. It appears that hot weather is also a factor.

Please respond to vikingirl29@[EMAIL PROTECTED] as I'm using a friend's computer today. Thank you!

Just figured you guys could help me out...
Old 12-01-2004, 07:09 PM

Default Re: In my search for Honda Knowledge Supremacy (J/K), I have found this good question... (Justin_Bra

lose any oil??
Old 12-01-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Re: In my search for Honda Knowledge Supremacy (J/K), I have found this good question... (Justin_Bra

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictildeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lose any oil??</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no clue. Just came across this guy's post in a rinky-dink automotive forum and it had no replies to it. It was in a thread with four or five other posts; a very low budget forum . Not quite what we have here . GO HONDA-TECH.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:13 PM

sounds like it could be almost anything
Old 12-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's right, **** on the poor and less technologically advanced!!!!

Or she should get a new charcoal canister and PCV valve and call it a damn day.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictildeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lose any oil??</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no clue. Just came across this guy's post in a rinky-dink automotive forum and it had no replies to it. It was in a thread with four or five other posts; a very low budget forum . Not quite what we have here . GO HONDA-TECH.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would guess that its the main relay not priming the fuel pump. Happens to my 92 si during the summer once in a while but since i resoldered my main relay, it doesnt happen anymore.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:52 PM

sounds like you need to check your oil when it does it, may have a leak someplace
Old 12-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would guess that its the main relay not priming the fuel pump. Happens to my 92 si during the summer once in a while but since i resoldered my main relay, it doesnt happen anymore. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree ive had this same problem