Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My Rear Brake Swap In, Could You Check It Out?

Old 04-09-2004, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Rear Brake Swap In, Could You Check It Out?

Hey I just got my rear disc swap in yesterday from IAS, and from the looks of it, it's as clean as a whistle, but I'm hoping from these pics someone can see if maybe they left something out of it for me to throw this into a 1995 DX Coupe. It all looks complete to me, I just want to be sure. Let me know!!

http://www.philadeph.com/reartegra/1.JPG
http://www.philadeph.com/reartegra/2.JPG
http://www.philadeph.com/reartegra/3.JPG
http://www.philadeph.com/reartegra/4.JPG

There are all the pics! Tell me what you think!
Old 04-09-2004, 05:39 AM

Default Re: My Rear Brake Swap In, Could You Check It Out? (95DXPhiladeph)

Looks complete to me. The only thing I can't tell from the pictures is if the rubber hydrolic brake lines are complete. You may want to upgrade those anyhow while you're at it with some ss goodridge or russel lines or something.

You'll also want to find a proportioning valve, brake booster, and master cylinder to reap all of the benefits of this upgrade
Old 04-09-2004, 06:30 AM

Default Re: My Rear Brake Swap In, Could You Check It Out? (h22avid)

I got a set of russel lines, I forget what they're called... S/S brakelines but I believe the lines called like "street metal" or something.

What do I do about e-brake, the parking cable deal? Just use the stock DX one? Or does that normally come with a stainless steel kit or whatever?

Umm... yea other than that, I can get the RS Brake Booster and Master Cylinder, now I'm just stuck on getting this 4040 prop valve, I dont think IAS included it in there like they said, but that's alright because I didn't pay for it...

I'm also wondering if the front swap is going to come from the same 1998 LX with 17,000 miles on it... that would be killer, because this is one clean rear disc setup.

We shall see... here is my list of products for my suspension and brakes so far....

92-95 Civic Energy Suspension Hyperflex Kit (Bushings)
94+ Integra Russel S/S Brakelines
94+ Integra Brembo Cross Drilled Cadium Plated Rotors Front and Back
PBR? (Axxis) Metal Master Brake Pads 94+ Integra Front and Back
1998 Complete Rear LX or GSR Suspension (Brake Swap)
Complete Front LX or GSR (Brake Swap)
92-95 Civic Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ custom spring rates (350f/450r)
92-95 Civic Tokico Illumina Adjustable Shocks/Struts
15” Bronze Rota Circuit 8’s and McGard splinedrive kit w/wheel locks

So now I need RS master cylinder and brake booster, and I can get one no prob... and a 4040valve...

Hopefully IAS can maybe hook me up when they go to send out the front suspension? Who knows!

Also, what do you think I should do about camber? Anyone know any camber kits that are good and will hold up? Front and back or just front with rear bolts?

And finally, alot of people say not to install MC/BB/4040 until I'm done my GSR engine swap because it's harder to put in the engine bay... should I just do it now anyway and say Boo @ those people?

Any help is appreciated!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 06:46 AM

Default Re: My Rear Brake Swap In, Could You Check It Out? (95DXPhiladeph)

From the pictures I saw, you already have the ebrake cables attached to the calliper/trailing arm assembly. Just route that along where your drum cable is attached now then hook it up to your ebrake handle.

As for camber, I don't use a camber kit because my camber is within factory limits without it. I just get an allignment to get my toe correct and that's about it.

I would go ahead and do the BB/MC now if you're doing the brakes now. It should not interfere with installing the motor. It may be easier to install the bb/mm when there is no engine in the bay but it is not that hard with the engine there either. I got mine in fine with a H22 in the bay
Old 04-09-2004, 07:10 AM

Default Re: My Rear Brake Swap In, Could You Check It Out? (h22avid)

Awesome! That's just the answer I was lookin for... I work at an automotive shop so I'll have the guys get everything as close to center as possible, then they print out a nice sheet. Not a bad allignment system...

I called up IAS... the front brakes ship out today, so I should have them tomorrow. The rears are insanely clean from a 1998 with 17,000 miles... this ones from a 2000 with 20,000 miles... these guys are just great.

He said to keep looking for the 4040prop valve in the packaging... I'm going to go through it once again, just in case I am indeed missing it, but I have a feeling it isn't in there!

Thank you for the instructions on the E-Brake cables... I will update everyone with pics of the fronts when they come in too!
Old 04-25-2004, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sup man, how much did u spend on everything> im plannignt o get gsr frnt and rear brake setup soon! thanks