Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My personal Osaka order experience...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My personal Osaka order experience...

I recently purchased a JD b18c w/LSD transmission from Osaka Motors JDM. I have decided to type up every step of this transaction so that people can see Osaka once and for all as a legitimate company who has changed since they first opened, or still a complete scam like most say.

Whether or not you were ever directly affected by purchasing from them, I do not know. If you were then I can understand why you will never trust them. This is for the people who are only going by what they hear.

(Friday November 7th)
My order started off just fine. I put it in on the webpage and within 24 hours I recieved a call from Osaka with the total including shipping and handling. I accepted the charges at they charged the card. Now any purchase over $1,000 dollars generally requires authorization by the credit card company. Visa (MBNA) called me within 5 minutes to confirm and once I said yes, the charge went through without a hitch.

Now that the charge had gone through on Saturday, it was shipping time. I knew that it was unrealistic for them to get it out the same day, so I figured I'd have to wait until Monday. Low and behold Monday at 12:00 noon I recieved a call from Osaka JDM Motors saying that they were shipping out the engine that day.

(Tuesday November 11th)
Yellow shipping calls me to schedule a delivery date. They wanted to do it for Friday but when I told them it was an engine they realized they needed to schedule a truck that has a lift. They set the date for Tuesday the 18th. THIS DELAY IS NOT OSAKAS FAULT, IT WAS A MATTER OF WHEN THE SHIPPING COMPANY HAD A LIFT-TRUCK AVAILABLE.

(Thursday November 13th)
I run into a few things online saying that Osaka is not a credible company and also read quite a few of the "horror-stories".

(Friday November 14th)
I call up Osaka to address my new-found issues. The first thing I do is ask him to check if I was going to recieve both Manual ECU and Manual Transmission. I ask him to check and see if he knew that the engine had been pulled from any type of submerged vehicle, fire-damaged vehicle, etc. I gave him my order ID number and he told me he would call me back in 5 minutes. I had read online that they did this to someone, never called them back and stopped taking their calls. I'll admit I was worried, however in less that 3 minutes I recieved a call from Osaka as planned. He let me know that my engine had shipped on the 10th, and it was a full-manual swap. Manual ECU and Manual Transmission. He let me know that it was pulled out of a working car in Japan and that it was in beautiful condition.

Now I'm thinking... hmm, the service seems alright to me. Not one complaint so far. And the people there are VERY friendly.

(Saturday November 15th)
Lets bring it back up to date... I have only a 3 day wait until my engine is here... I am not sure if this post will be floating around or if I will have to ressurrect it. Probably have to ressurrect it. I will post pictures hopefully Tuesday night. I expect to recieve the engine between 12-3PM EST. Pictures + 1 hour photo + scanning = 6PM EST (roughly).

I can now only wait... Tuesday will be my deciding date whether or not Osaka is a worthy company or not.

So far status: Awesome
Public opinion: Terrible
My final opinion: ......... coming Tuesday.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (95DXPhiladeph)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I expect to recieve the engine between 12-3PM EST. Pictures + 1 hour photo + scanning = 6PM EST (roughly).

My final opinion: ......... coming Tuesday.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Should have bought a B16A and a digital camera instead

The reason I wouldn't use them doesn't have anything to do with their history, but the fact that they're in Québec, and they're not legally bound in the United States if there were a problem.

But it's good that things are working out for you.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good write up man. My little bro will be in the market for a new engine soon. Keep us posted on how things turn out
Old 11-15-2003, 08:05 AM

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (Quik Chris)

Should have bought a B16A and a digital camera instead

^ bahahahaha

yea I also let the guy know that I'm always in their area on business so if anything should go wrong would it be alright if I stopped by and he unexpectedly was like "suuuuure that's no problem at all!"

*shrug* We shall see! Thanks!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:07 AM

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (-CivicTuner-)

Thanks, I will keep you updated. Let your brother know that if I could take it back, I'd get it from JDM, Inc. Pricing turns out to be the same. And they're reputable... however I can't really say this until the engine comes and Osaka is proved un-reputable.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:22 AM

Old 11-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why do i have the feeling you work for Osaka and are trying to get there buisness back for them. Ehh who knows, but hope you dont get screwed like everyone else has. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:33 AM

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (Luserkid)

I'm from Philly Pa, I go to west chester university... in west chester, pa... and I've been to canada once 6 years ago to toronto...

I dont work for osaka...
Old 11-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats cool you are doing this, i was planning on buying a b16a this spring from them, they have the cheapest price i have found yet, the other places prices went up.. so i hope all goes well! ill be waiting for the verdict
Old 11-15-2003, 10:10 AM

drum roll please. Tuesday will be the day of truth. I hope for the best.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:38 AM

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (GQ Cowboy)

aphex23... good luck on that... ill let you know!

Cowboy... I hope everything goes well too... I hate being the ginuea pig lmao
Old 11-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man...I need a b-series motor!! Good luck 95DxPhiladeph!!
Old 11-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (aphex23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aphex23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats cool you are doing this, i was planning on buying a b16a this spring from them, they have the cheapest price i have found yet, the other places prices went up.. so i hope all goes well! ill be waiting for the verdict
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Remember too, the cheapest price isn't always the best.

99% of us I bet are willing to pay a few extra bucks to get the best service too. I spend a little extra to buy from InLineFour and Nopi. Yeah, a few extra bucks, but I've always been given the best customer service.

I can't wait to hear on Tuesday. I'm looking at hmotorsonline right now, but I'm gonna wait a few more days.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:14 PM

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (D16Z6racing)

i think that everyone on this board should give Tom or one of the moderatos a dollar or two, and hopefully that'll be enough money to buy an engine from osaka and tell us wsup, cause we all know Tom don't wokr for Osaka...or does he?
hehe
Old 11-15-2003, 01:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

people that did ordered from them did get the motors. it was jsut the condition the motors was in when it arrived. broken pieces, missing items, busted *** motors.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

waiting for the final verdict here as well. Just totaled my car recently and now in store for a new project. A nice heart for the transplant is also in store. Keep us posted
Old 11-15-2003, 01:30 PM

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (CheEsEsTeAk168)

Okay... once again... I don't work for Osaka motors. I was born in Bryn Mawr, PA... I've lived in PA my entire life. I'm philly-born, philly-raised... I have people who can vouch for that. I've never dealt with Osaka before this transaction. And if my motor comes all fucked up, then you're gonna get the truth. I'm not trying to justify them... if they're fraudulent then I'm going to expose that. I'll also send pictures of their manager getting punched in the face if my motor comes messed up.

I'm gonna make sure to include pics of internals, etc. We will see Tuesday...
Old 11-15-2003, 04:21 PM

well id say so far so good... but you still havent gotten anything yet. good luck. keep your fingers crossed. if you get beat, give em hell and maybe get a laywer.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:26 PM

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (jwn7)

well id say so far so good... but you still havent gotten anything yet. good luck. keep your fingers crossed. if you get beat, give em hell and maybe get a laywer.

EXACTLY my thoughts.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

goodluck. i would have liked to buy from them too, but sooooo many bad stories.....
Old 11-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (cccya)

It looks like everything so far has gone smoothly.. I hope you get what you paid for
Old 11-15-2003, 04:43 PM

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (Ngo Power)

Thanks, me too... I'm hoping everything is in order. No reason for them not to be. They cant be that shady of a company with a new manager... good looking site, ads all over. Shady companies don't give phone/address.. they make you win ebay auctions and tell you to wire your money to an off-shore account
Old 11-17-2003, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh **** tomorrow is tuesday... i wanna kno what happens
Old 11-17-2003, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (Laosfu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Laosfu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh **** tomorrow is tuesday... i wanna kno what happens </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-17-2003, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My personal Osaka order experience... (EGEESIX)

T U E S D A Y I S H E R E

Quick Reply: My personal Osaka order experience...