Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my new car is dead

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new car is dead

my 96 civic hatchback i bought about 2 months ago has just gotten in an accident. stupid kids in a probe don't know how to yield to right of way, and pulled in front of me while i was going 45mph. all thier fault and nothing i could of done. i am in the process of looking for a new car, maybe another ek, an 85 or 86 toyota corolla gt-s hatchback,or an s13 style 240sx. i am stll deciding, really sucks, since i did have everything planned out for my ek and had about 3200 saved up for the engine so far, was saving up to get a type r engine eventually. but any suggestions on what i should do would be helpful.
here is the last and only picture i have ever took of my car. maybe i'll take some pics of the crashed car later.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:48 PM
Trial User

Default Re: my new car is dead (vovinamer)

Sorry man, it happens to the best of us. That's a rare color too.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:53 PM

Default Re: my new car is dead (mantic6t9)

yea it was my first car i have ever bought, and i was gonna do everything right for it. i also work 40 hours a week while going to college full time in order to pay for the car and everything else. pissed me off that the drivers of the probe were other college students that were probably out partying and had thier parents to pay for everything they have. They will probably come out more ahead than i, as in thier spoiled asses will get a brand new car from thier parents. and get this, they were even laughing about it after the accident, pissed me off real good..
Old 09-16-2002, 05:56 PM

damn man that sucks!! Dont give up though, see what the insurance company says and go from there.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, sorry to hear about your loss. hopefully you got full coverage for the ek. anyways, i would only corrola gts is your going to drift, but if not, then go for silvia or the ek. good luck
Old 09-16-2002, 06:02 PM

Default Re: my new car is dead (pennies_hatchie)

i've already settled things with the insurance company, and even though i only have liability as my insurance plan, the other guy's insurance company has already said that they will be liable for all the charges and costs of my car, because it was all the other guy's fault. i like the ae86 because of the near 50/50 wieght ratio, and i hear they make great auto x cars. but i really had big plans for the ek, but i dunno if i can ever find another ek in as good a condition as mine was. If i do, i'll prolly settle with another ek, but i doubt i can find one as nice as the one i had. it was basically perfect.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:03 PM

Default Re: my new car is dead (pennies_hatchie)

That sucks horribly man. With all the planning you had going too. That was a beauty hatch with an amazing colour. I hope they were hurt and I hope they were drunk so the cops can charge them with a DWI and other stuff. Im sorry to hear that. I remember your post when you just bought that car and the feedback was all 100% positive. Thats too bad
Old 09-16-2002, 06:07 PM

Default Re: my new car is dead (VTECTIME)

Hey if you can get your OEM green spoiler I would like to buy it from you if you can get it my car is the same color.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:08 PM

Sorry to hear that man. I really liked that color, too ...
Old 09-16-2002, 06:09 PM

he loved that little hatch

]
this pic off his webpage
Old 09-16-2002, 06:11 PM

Default Re: my new car is dead (b16b hatch)

Hey if you can get your OEM green spoiler I would like to buy it from you if you can get it my car is the same color.
yea sure.. it's still at the body shop that they towed it to, i am almost sure that it is totalled completely, so as soon as the appraiser from the insurance company goes to check out my vehicle, i'll prolly get it towed to my house. i haven't even had the heart to go visit my car yet since the accident.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:14 PM

Let me know what you want for it.

P.S. Madori green hatchs RULE
Old 09-16-2002, 06:18 PM

he loved that little hatch
yea, i drew that when i first got it.
and the spoiler, i'll figure that out when i get my car back, maybe later this week.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:24 PM

yea it was my first car i have ever bought, and i was gonna do everything right for it. i also work 40 hours a week while going to college full time in order to pay for the car and everything else. pissed me off that the drivers of the probe were other college students that were probably out partying and had thier parents to pay for everything they have. They will probably come out more ahead than i, as in thier spoiled asses will get a brand new car from thier parents. and get this, they were even laughing about it after the accident, pissed me off real good..
Much respect goes out to you, i know where you are coming from since i am 19 and in the same boat as you almost, i get some help from my parents though, with insurance at least. But i HATE people like the ones you mentioned, i have first hand experience since a lot of the punks in my area are just like that, spoiled and daddy buys them their IS300s and their Bimmers. I hope everything goes well, i am pretty sure it will, it always does for people like us Good luck man
Old 09-16-2002, 06:28 PM

Default Re: my new car is dead (1.8 HB)

They were laughing!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? I didn't read that!!! I would have taken a metal piece of my wrecked car off and blasted the closest one in the face 2 or 3 times. Ohhh those ******* deserve to be hurt badly for laughing at that...
Old 09-16-2002, 06:29 PM

Much respect goes out to you, i know where you are coming from since i am 19 and in the same boat as you almost, i get some help from my parents though, with insurance at least. But i HATE people like the ones you mentioned, i have first hand experience since a lot of the punks in my area are just like that, spoiled and daddy buys them their IS300s and their Bimmers. I hope everything goes well, i am pretty sure it will, it always does for people like us Good luck man
Thanks alot for the support, and i still dunno what i am going to head towards though.. any advice on a new car? i need one soon because of work and school.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:33 PM

240SX sounds nice
Old 09-16-2002, 06:34 PM

If i was you I would definetly get another EK, there is no way around it. I am somewhat of a coward though in a way, i'd be scared to go in unexplored territory, I would stick with Honda for sure. EKs are great cars, i say go find another one, there are tons of them. And most are in great condition since they are somewhat new.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my condolences.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:51 PM

yea i am still really really stuck between the s13 240sx with the s13 front end conversion, and the ae86, but the 86 and 240 are really old cars and it would be very hard for me to find a gt-s hatchback, cuz they are almost nonexistant, the 240.. hard to find one in good condition, but i really still like the ek, cuz i have all the plans set out for it.. hmm.. i guess i'll just have to see..
Old 09-16-2002, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I really love those green hatches. Sad to see urs died like that......
Old 09-16-2002, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to hear that. get another ek and continue with your plans. at least that is what i would do.

or take all the money you have and get the 240sx. those are not as common as hondas and have fairly good swaps for upgrade.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:35 PM

Default Re: my new car is dead (l0p3z)

hey, i was in vovinam/viet vo dao (sp?) when i was a kid heheh
Old 09-16-2002, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go with AWD turbo 1g eclipse!!
dont follow trends man...if you do get a 240 the prices on the SR motors are killer, the corollas...old car and the cheapest you can find in good condition is 4500 or higher because they know people are looking into those cars now since I.D. came out!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:53 PM

that really sucks man

Quick Reply: my new car is dead