Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is my Mileages to high?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my Mileages to high?

well i got an d16y7 motor wit 190k (sill runs strong never had any problem so far)on it, all stock i was planing to do a mini-swap and boosting it(homemade turbo), but was worried that the mileage might be to high. my goal is about 200hp or mayb alittle more. thx
Old 06-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't boost it unless u change the internals... what do u mean by mini-swap? If you swap the engine u dont' have an engine with 190k... unless u mean mini-me swap which like I said, that would be good for 110hp, but if u try boosting that ur gonna snap a rod so fast... I say just do the mini-me swap and call it a day, or swap it out for a real engine, ur kinda limited in options...

EDIT: so in plain answer to your title of question: yes

You couldn' tboost that motor unless u changed bearings, pistons, valves, and valve springs, and for all that u can get a D series which already has v-tec and turbo that w/ low boost..
Old 06-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

with that high of miles im going to say buy a new engine for 300 bucks and boost it, or do internal work / rebuild. Its up to you if you want to boost it and see how long it lasts. But you can buy a new engine cheap.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldn't boost it unless u change the internals... what do u mean by mini-swap? If you swap the engine u dont' have an engine with 190k... unless u mean mini-me swap which like I said, that would be good for 110hp, but if u try boosting that ur gonna snap a rod so fast... I say just do the mini-me swap and call it a day, or swap it out for a real engine, ur kinda limited in options...

You couldn' tboost that motor unless u changed bearings, pistons, valves, and valve springs, and for all that u can get a D series which already has v-tec and turbo that w/ low boost..</TD></TR></TABLE>

whats the expletive are you talking about???? snap a rod, how so??? 200k miles doesnt mean a thing. if you havent owned your car for most of its life then you know nothing about the mechanical condtion, or how it was taken care of. first thing to do is a compression check, if that turns out ok, and you feel comfortable w/ boosting it just do it. once again, those could be very easy miles and it could have been well maintained, in which case there wont be much if any wear. and if you honestly think you will follow through w/ the boost dont waste the time on the mini-me, it will only be a waste of time w/ a headache to show for it. use that money towards tuning and you will be so much better off. good luck.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldn't boost it unless u change the internals... what do u mean by mini-swap? If you swap the engine u dont' have an engine with 190k... unless u mean mini-me swap which like I said, that would be good for 110hp, but if u try boosting that ur gonna snap a rod so fast... I say just do the mini-me swap and call it a day, or swap it out for a real engine, ur kinda limited in options...

You couldn' tboost that motor unless u changed bearings, pistons, valves, and valve springs, and for all that u can get a D series which already has v-tec and turbo that w/ low boost..</TD></TR></TABLE>

As for the OP, if the motor is in fair shape and doesn't seem to have any major mechanical issues, feel free to play with it a little. Worst thing that could happen is you could blow it and your out a few hundred. I've thrown many rods threw d-series blocks, not even modified. I even have an extra I'll hold onto for you in case **** hits the fan.

Good god. This information is horrible and completely misleading.

Syndacate, please stop posting about topics in which you have no knowledge. I've yet to read a post by you that had true technical knowledge. All I see you doing is giving people the wrong answers. You need to do a lot of researching yourself. It would be somewhat of help if you knew the basics of how cars are designed and how they work. But, sadly you don't. So, please stop giving the wrong answers.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:28 PM

http://www.homemadeturbo.com
many turbo setups done after 200,000 miles and running strong