Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better!

Well I told you all about how my diff exploded and all, right?

Well that was going to set me back a few months from saving up money just to get the car running again, but now something else has happened.

I'm on my way home in my fiancee's car with the A/C on just cruising. I pull up to a light and I see a Miata come hauling up and he cuts off the truck that *would* have been next to me at the light.

Turns out it's some guy who stole some Advan tires from my shop and he thinks I'm trying to hunt him down and kick his *** - I'm not because there's nothing worth going to jail over really.

He says we need to meet up at the next gas station, while I say I don't think so and the light turns green.

With the A/C still on I see 7000rpms in first, 6000rpms in 2nd, and I shut it down at about 60-65mph in the lower rpms range in 3rd gear.

The guy in the Miata spun the tires and tried to take off at the light. I was still ahead of him even though I wasn't taching my girl's B16A out with the A/C still on.

A cop sees this and pulls me over and motions to the guy in the Miata, but the Miata guy quickly turns left onto another road and "gets away" for the moment.

So here the cop has me pulled over in a gas station while the other guy has made it look 10 times wrose by not pulling over.

The ticket?

RACING.

This is just freaking great. I'm 23 years old with no tickets on my record for the past 4 or so years, I explain the situation to the cop yet he still gives me a death sentence for my license here in Goergia.

He asks me if I know the other guy and I say yes and even give him the guy's name because he says if i'm honest then I don't go to jail.

They had already found the guy hiding in a restaraunt anyways, so my little info didn't help them get the guy.

The cop tells me to follow him over there just in case I need ti I.D the guy, but he's already in the cop car because he's making things worse by being all high strung and all.

This will not only cost me well over $1,000 i'm sure, but I just might lose my license and this will make my job very hard to keep. The guys at my work love me to death but me not being able to drive will definately hurt my chances of remaining employed.

*Points gun at head*

I seriously can't take much more. My fiancee' reassures me that she doesn't care either way and that it's "only money" even though it will absolutely BREAK us to pay out whatever it will take to keep my license.

A guy I know just spent $2,500 for an attorney to get his 108 in a 55 sentence dropped to *just* a $750 fine and probation.

What would you guys do in my shoes?

If I lose my license then fixing my broken car won't be a priority anyways, but my insurance is sure to skyrocket now so keeping my car looks to be more difficult than ever.

[Modified by B18C5-EH2, 10:57 AM 7/17/2002]
Old 07-17-2002, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (B18C5-EH2)

Man Tom it seems like your starting to have my kinda luck. I'd fit the ticket. (Can't you plead no-low). @ least just paying the fine and having your license will be worth it. That sucks. If that guy in the miata didn't like you before he must hate you know.

Where in on the southside did this happen? Man sounds like Clayton county cops are cracking down.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Consult with a Lawyer. They take payments......most anyway cause they understand people aren't going to have everything and, some even settle for 50 a month.

Good luck.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Holy crap...this is some of the worst luck I've seen...I don't know what to tell you dude...tricky situation. Best of luck though..

COPS who give tickets for stupid things
Old 07-17-2002, 07:24 AM
New User

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (Apex i ITR)

Well, plead not guilty, this will put pressure on the DA's office and they will more than likely attempt to plead it out, once you meet with them (preliminary hearing) you will have a chance to explain your situation with the miata owner.

Besides all that, you have no tickets in 4 years, this will go a long way in making it easier for the DA to feel sorry for you.

Sometimes life bites you in the nuts, I remember in the last few months when my Integra continued to break down and have tranny related problems, I was ready to junk it and take the good parts and dump them into a DX 4-door (this was due to your breaking down of Civic weight's)

Keep your eyes on the prize man, you have a beautiful fiancee that seems to love you to death, you have a job (amazing in this economy) and you have your health and your intelligence.

Dont let it get to you, life is alot more than a blown diff and a racing ticket (I work in an emergency room, I know how precious life is).
Old 07-17-2002, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (slowerthanu)

Definately get a lawyer. If you can find the right one he should be able to get the charges dropped. Enter a plea of not guilty. Find out what court you will be in and who the judge is, find an attourney that knows the court and the judge. Talk to a few before you decide. It helps if they handle mainly traffic offences as they will usually know the game and the court system. Sorry to hear this, good luck.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:44 AM

Geez man, doesn't sound good, I think you should see what it would take to get a lawyer on your side, it may be cheaper than you think and you will be able to keep your license and not have the ticket on your record. I am really sorry.
-----lighter note.........
Doesn't that suck that you get a RACING ticket on a shitty *** race like that? You always hope you are going to get the "big ticket" in your moment of glory.

You will be fine with time dude, try to stay away from guns, knives, letteropeners, ink pens, screwdrivers, garden tools, bridges, traintracks, power outlets, chemicals, and closed garage doors with cars running in them. Suicide is no way out.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:51 AM

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (Jimmy L)

fight it, worst comes to worst you'll just get a ticket for endangerment or something and then they'll make you take some dumbass courses and a restricted liscense whre you can only drive to work or necessary places, specially since you haven't had a ticket in 6 years, did you burn out the tires? or did you just take off? did he clock you? i mean? or was it a like 25mph zone? peace
Old 07-17-2002, 07:59 AM

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (kwik2nec)

From past bullstuff that has happened to me and others close to me, the better you take care of this (one thing at a time); the stronger you'll be in the end.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:18 AM

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (PupaScoopa)

After reading the other posts how does one know if this post is even real..??? Just the worse sort of luck huh..
Old 07-17-2002, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (Jason kiDD)

damn... and I was hoping to see this car at NOPI...
Old 07-17-2002, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (Jason kiDD)

when did Georgia make racing a jail time offense? and losing your liscense too? thats kinda crazy. Not even cities like LA take ur liscense. It is a HUGE fine, but not losing liscense. I would try to contact a lawyer and ask them if they think you have a case. Also try and play up the fact that you were trying not to race but to get away from someone who you knew to be trouble. say, "i was alone, and didnt want any trouble from this guy" that way they may think ur a ***** for being scared, but may sympathize with you. Besides who cares if the local law thinks ur a *****? NOT ME IF I KEEP MY LISCENSE.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:34 AM

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (BigZ88)

whatever you do, don't get a court appointed lawyer. thats pretty harsh jail time for first ticket. I'm sure you may be able to play that in your court. im sure VA is different from georgia, so can't really help you out, but just saying best of luck. I think you'll be alright, as long as you can explain yerself properly.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm usually a big advocate of lawyers for any ticket, but in this case, this is what I'd do...

Show up to court, plead not guilty and explain my case. If I really wasn't racing then I sure as hell wouldn't plead to anything.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to hear about that man!!! just don't kill yourself. you'll feel better in the end that you didn't!!!! *sarcasm*
Old 07-17-2002, 09:20 AM

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (FreeMyndz)

Tom, call the solicitors office and set up a one on one meeting with him. They have the ultimate power to do pretty much whatever the hell they want. I got a ticket for doing like 30 over, and it was b4 i was 21 so, i would have lost my license automatically. I talked to the solicitor, explained my situation, and he told me if I took a defensive drinving course($50) and 20 hours community service (washing firetrucks) that he would drop the speed down to 15 over ($150 ticket). And besides, the defensive driving course I took as more than payed for itself in less insurance.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:34 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (311)

311:

Still got that number for the solictor?

I *think* I know who it is, but I'm not sure.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:42 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (advancexgsr)

For one look at my signature - the hasn't been sold YET.

The car recently broke and it will set me back over $1,000.

I was driving my girl's car with the A/C blasting so NO I wasn't even racing this *****.

I don't even drive her car hard because I know if it breaks we both are screwed.

My car is sitting in a garage with a broken differential, and once it's fixed (if any time soon at all) then I *might* have to sell it depending on what happens with this court ****.

It's bullshit.

If I had more money then I would not have to scrape and agonize over this bullshit.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dang man....sorry to hear about this on top of everything else...good luck with it all!
Old 07-17-2002, 11:41 AM
New User

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (Ricey McRicerton)

they say bad things happen in 3's. be on the look out for the last one.

-tell
Old 07-17-2002, 11:48 AM

Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (bishop)

What was the speed limit?
Old 07-17-2002, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When it rains it poors, I know the feeling man, having to pay a ****-load of money just to keep your licsense because you need it in order to keep your job. It's expensive but deffenetly get a lawyer. Hope everyhing works out for you bro.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:01 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

sorry to hear about that
Old 07-17-2002, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: My Life Just Keeps Getting Better and Better! (bishop)

they say bad things happen in 3's. be on the look out for the last one.

-tell
and at this very moment he has 3333 posts!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn! that's how strict it is now in your area. I wonder how it is now in DC,Va, Md area? I have been good for 4 yrs now and recently I just got by one of those "red light cameras" (YES, I did smile when it flashes...), but I remember my friend 3yrs ago got pulled over for speeding in an interstate in BMORE for doing 125mph (spray activated) and he said to the cop

cop: Are you in a hurry, Sir?

friend: No, I'm just testing how fast I can go with the new mod.

Seriously, that is what he said! But he got the biggest ticket I know back then which is "Wreckless driving" I think he got $500 fine and probation. The main point is he still driving after that.

Sorry bout your Bad Luck! Here's a quote and I hope it helps

"Everything happens for a reason"