Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my japan version civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my japan version civic

my civic is a 93 civic ex with a d16z6. it was one of the civics from japan and shipped over, not canadian made. is there anything special about them??? its not rhd but its the jdm version. thx guys
Old 11-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my japan version civic (crxricer66)

I was under the impression all jdm civics have B16's in them. I could be wrong.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: my japan version civic (f22beast)

No there is nothing different about your car its simply built in japan to us specs and regulations, don't get all happy thinking your car is jdm because it technically is but its not the type of jdm you really want.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea, looks like you got a US JDM. Almost like the rest of us with C USDM.

I'll bet it even has rust on it...
Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Banned

Default Re: my japan version civic (ejoner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ejoner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No there is nothing different about your car its simply built in japan to us specs and regulations, don't get all happy thinking your car is jdm because it technically is but its not the type of jdm you really want.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I dont believe that the car is built in japan either. We have had factories in the US since 1982. The first factory was is Ohio. But i could be wrong. Someone enlighten me.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: my japan version civic (ejoner)

Nothing special about your car besides your own sentimental value towards it...
My EK was made in canada and shipped to the US that doesnt make it a Canadian hatch....Although the car does have alot of problems so I guess my car is canadian at heart...
Old 11-15-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: my japan version civic (Johnny Ricer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoffer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I dont believe that the car is built in japan either. We have had factories in the US since 1982. The first factory was is Ohio.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That doesnt mean anything EJ6 hatches were built in Canada for the US just like certain VW's were made in germany then sent to the states. But we have VW factories as well it all depends on which factory is set up best for a certain bodystyles production line...
Old 11-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

Default Re: my japan version civic (Johnny Ricer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny Ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That doesnt mean anything EJ6 hatches were built in Canada for the US just like certain VW's were made in germany then sent to the states. But we have VW factories as well it all depends on which factory is set up best for a certain bodystyles production line...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, but i cant say for a fact on where the car was actually made. Im just trying to give the best information so he doesnt get the wrong idea and go telling everyone that his car was made in japan, when it really wasnt. Im just trying to help him out. But looking on the VIN would clarify where it was made.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:12 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: my japan version civic (crxricer66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxricer66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my civic is a 93 civic ex with a d16z6. it was one of the civics from japan and shipped over, not canadian made. is there anything special about them??? its not rhd but its the jdm version. thx guys</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOTS of Hondas are made in Japan.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE JDM.

USDM 5th gen Civics are built in the US, Canada and Japan. I believe all the sedans are built in Japan, but I could be wrong.

Same for USDM 6th gen Civics (all coupes are built in US, all hatches in Japan, and sedans in US, Canada or Japan).

The first number of the VIN will tell you where the vehicle was built. It doesn't mean it will be sold in the country it was built in.

1 = Built in the USA
2 = Built in Canada
J = Built in Japan

I have never even heard of a Japanese trim known as the "EX". Also, the D16Z6 is not sold in Civics in Japan.

Also, JDM Civics don't have normal VIN. If you ship a JDM Civic over to the US, it will be assigned a VIN by the US. It will not be a normal VIN. A JDM car has serial numbers stamped on it, such as the blue tag on the core support.

This should help clear things up a bit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f22beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was under the impression all jdm civics have B16's in them. I could be wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, that's wrong too. There is a common misconception that Japan got faster cars with more options, better engines and better suspension. Unless you think a sedan with a D13 is faster, sportier or handles better than a stock USDM EX...
Old 11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned

Yes! Thanks you NOFX. This was exactly what i was trying to say.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Fat Head

Default Re: (yoffer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoffer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes! Thanks you NOFX. This was exactly what i was trying to say. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: my japan version civic (yoffer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoffer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I dont believe that the car is built in japan either. We have had factories in the US since 1982. The first factory was is Ohio. But i could be wrong. Someone enlighten me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think Marysville opened in 1984. The West coast Accords still came from Japan during the first few years. I can't remember when Civic's were first made in the US.

I do remember when I bought my 1992 Si and went to buy parts at NAPA a year or so later in 93, they always told me, there's no such car. I guess it took the auto parts stores a while to catch up.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lets not forget that JDM means Japanese Domestic Market. If it was not intended for the Japanese market then it's not JDM.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hardedge)

it was manufactured in japan. it says it on the door tag. i ran a carfax and it says manufactured in japan. there is absoluetly no rust on this car for the people that think they know everything.... i know its no big deal i was just wondering if there was anything different. thx
Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: (crxricer66)

Nope your car is a normal civic no diamond in the rocks for you...
Old 11-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha my eg6 is made in canada too!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:26 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (crxricer66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxricer66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it was manufactured in japan. it says it on the door tag. i ran a carfax and it says manufactured in japan. there is absoluetly no rust on this car for the people that think they know everything.... i know its no big deal i was just wondering if there was anything different. thx</TD></TR></TABLE>
Right... like TONS of other Civics and other Hondas in the US. These cars are not JDM. They are USDM, but built in Japan.

JDM does not mean "built in Japan." Hell, there are JDM cars that were built in the US (EJ7) and Europe (EP3). Both are JDM though, not USDM or EDM.

___DM = The market in which said vehicle was built to be sold in. It has no bearing on where the vehicle was built.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny Ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nope your car is a normal civic no diamond in the rocks for you...</TD></TR></TABLE>
*Diamond in the rough.*
Old 11-16-2007, 07:31 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (redlinexd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redlinexd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha my eg6 is made in canada too!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Are you sure you really have an EG6? You do realize there are no US sold EG6s, right?

If you have an EG6 it's also a '91-'95 Honda Civic hatchback with a B16A. It would be of the following trim levels (possibly more, but not CX, DX, Si or VX): SiR, SiR II, SiR-S or VTi.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: my japan version civic (f22beast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f22beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was under the impression all jdm civics have B16's in them. I could be wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are, in fact, dead wrong.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: my japan version civic (Archidictus)

Diamond in the rough, Diamond in the rocks i think im just going senile...
Old 11-17-2007, 10:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lol'ed when I read "japan version".
Old 11-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Bejita)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxricer66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it was manufactured in japan. it says it on the door tag. i ran a carfax and it says manufactured in japan. there is absoluetly no rust on this car for the people that think they know everything.... i know its no big deal i was just wondering if there was anything different. thx</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well at least you got your name right (ricer).

By your logic my last civic is CDM..but better yet, my current civic is FULL AMERICAN. It's NOT an import - produced in the US, and sold in the US - It's an AMERICAN car.

Idiot.

DM = Domestic Market = Where it's sold, not where it's made, that has no bearing on it. I'm pretty sure there's some JDM cars made here - or there were at some point.

My Tercel was manufactured in Japan and shipped over here, but it's not "JDM" by a long shot.

What about my older benz, that was made in Germany and shipped over here, doesn't make it EDM, that's for damn sure, even though it has the one side lights used only in Europe.

Though to answer your question, about is there anything special about it?

No, it's a regular USDM civic, and has the same crap as every other USDM civic. Sorry chief, but no go, no special parts, you ran into no lucky deal .
Old 11-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

Couldn't say it any better myself.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well at least you got your name right (ricer).

By your logic my last civic is CDM..but better yet, my current civic is FULL AMERICAN. It's NOT an import - produced in the US, and sold in the US - It's an AMERICAN car.

Idiot.

DM = Domestic Market = Where it's sold, not where it's made, that has no bearing on it. I'm pretty sure there's some JDM cars made here - or there were at some point.

My Tercel was manufactured in Japan and shipped over here, but it's not "JDM" by a long shot.

What about my older benz, that was made in Germany and shipped over here, doesn't make it EDM, that's for damn sure, even though it has the one side lights used only in Europe.

Though to answer your question, about is there anything special about it?

No, it's a regular USDM civic, and has the same crap as every other USDM civic. Sorry chief, but no go, no special parts, you ran into no lucky deal .</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

The first number of the VIN will tell you where the vehicle was built. It doesn't mean it will be sold in the country it was built in.

1 = Built in the USA
2 = Built in Canada
J = Built in Japan

my first digit is j.... its jhmxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quick Reply: my japan version civic