Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com''

Old 12-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com''

On 12/23/04 I placed an order for a 92-95 V2 OEM style carbon fiber hood and a 92-95 Honda civic Replacement front bumper Which was suppossed to be ''certified'' which turned to be a ******* JOKE. (total price = 125.00)

I received my front bumper on monday and it looked very good..
Wednesday i took my car to the body shop (it's currently being re-painted) and i wanted to test fit it and make sure it bolted up good,etc. We started to put the bumper on and the top where the bumper bolts to the engine bay is creased all to hell...We heat it up and try to fix it and we got it fixed we bolted the top of the bumper down and then to realize that the bumper is about 4 inches short of where it bolts up to the fender..

<FONT COLOR="red">I notified ''newman'' about the issue and he replied ''All of our bumpers have been test fitted,etc blah blah.</FONT>

There is no way that the bumper they sent me has been test fitted.. Because it won't even COME CLOSE to fitting.

On 12/30/04 i received the V2 carbon fiber hood.. As i was pulling it out of the box (It was boxed up pretty good) I seen a beautiful hood and as i kept pulling the hood out at the end of the hood i found a deep 3-4 inch scratch being followed by two chips and hunks missing out of the hood. I notified newman about this OTHER issue and he replied: (total price of hood: 400.00)

<FONT COLOR="red">when we pack up the hoods, they are checked for flaws and damage before being packed up. The hoods are top quality and a newer and better design that what is pictured on our website</FONT>

Also on there website it clearly states ''*All hoods come with pre-drilled windshield washer holes, cut to exact fit''

Jdmshit

The washer nozzles are not even close to being exact fit.

I didn't pay $400.00 for a hood to have flaws and to be lied to.

I've always heard nothing but good **** about jdmshit...

We'll see how there customer service is

<FONT SIZE="6">*EDIT*</FONT>
Newman has reimbursed 1/2 of my money so that i can get the hood fixed.

Modified by Jimmy at 10:16 AM 1/7/2005
Old 12-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (Jimmy)

well if newman wants to keep his name as a reputable business man, then your problems should be solved.

Don't talk trash about them until there is a resolution, or lack thereof.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:37 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (JUN EK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN EK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well if newman wants to keep his name as a reputable business man, then your problems should be solved.

Don't talk trash about them until there is a resolution, or lack thereof.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No where in this post do i ''talk trash''.

I'm informing EVERYONE about the issues

If there customer service turns out good then i will let everyone know.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN EK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well if newman wants to keep his name as a reputable business man, then your problems should be solved.

Don't talk trash about them until there is a resolution, or lack thereof.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup send u a new bumper and hood
Old 12-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I never delt with JDMSh!t but this thread is talking trash on there customer service.

Honestly man, it hasnt even been a month. Give it time, if things dont go good with them then make a thread like this. Not a week later.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never delt with JDMSh!t but this thread is talking trash on there customer service.

Honestly man, it hasnt even been a month. Give it time, if things dont go good with them then make a thread like this. Not a week later. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry man but i spent a total of $535.00 Maybe that's not a big deal to you,but i'm only 16 and that's my hard earned money.

Oh and i forgot to mention that he is trying to blame the hood on the shipping company.. ''Call the shipping company because the package is certified and make a claim''.

The way the hood was packaged.. I HIGHLY doubt the damage happened during shipping.

I'll post pictures laters

Thanks for the feedback
Old 12-31-2004, 06:48 PM

damn settle down...he was just stating that he spent his hard earned $500.00 on items from jdmshit.com and they were both fuckerd up...he was just saying that he was very disapointed about his spent cash and he really didnt want to go through the hassle of having to work things out and send things back...he jsut wanted everything right the first time....
Old 12-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Global Moderator

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WyteNyteGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn settle down...he was just stating that he spent his hard earned $500.00 on items from jdmshit.com and they were both fuckerd up...he was just saying that he was very disapointed about his spent cash and he really didnt want to go through the hassle of having to work things out and send things back...he jsut wanted everything right the first time....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks man..

And also not to mention i have a show this weekend.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey man, i understand your 16 and yes 500+ is alot of money and you would be freaked out if you got scammed. I understand that far to well (gave my car to a guy to do my swap, turned out the first motor had a bad rod bearing and needed to get a new motor, thats 3000+ dollars, when i was 18, working 2 shops 8am to 11pm) But dont forget its only been like a week. Give it time if he still doesnt want to help you then start to complain to the Better Buisness Buearu (sp?) (i think thats right) and theyll settle it but from what i heard i doubt it would go that far.

Old 12-31-2004, 06:58 PM
Future Texas Boy

Newman is a good guys and has been around quite a while. I`m sure he`ll rectify the situation is jdmshit is at fault.

Ryan
Old 12-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never dealt with newman either but..... you reheated the front bumper??? why?

this just makes returning it harder.

i would send you a new hood but not a bumper due to you messing with it. but thats just me.

good luck.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:08 PM

damn, that sux. cuz i have only had good experiences wit jdmshit
Old 12-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sorry man but i spent a total of $535.00 Maybe that's not a big deal to you,but i'm only 16 and that's my hard earned money.

Oh and i forgot to mention that he is trying to blame the hood on the shipping company.. ''Call the shipping company because the package is certified and make a claim''.

The way the hood was packaged.. I HIGHLY doubt the damage happened during shipping.

I'll post pictures laters

Thanks for the feedback</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm with you Jimmy. 5 Benjis is a lot of cash. jdmshit should have had a better response for you. Like send it back and IF THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF USE BY YOU we will replace it. I do think you should give them a chance to fix fix the problem though. They are a good company, and they didn't get a good reputaion over night. I would be pissed too though. Goodluck man
Old 12-31-2004, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No where in this post do i ''talk trash''.

I'm informing EVERYONE about the issues

If there customer service turns out good then i will let everyone know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Read your thread title, you're bashing the company from the very beginning, w/out giving Newman a chance to rectify the situation. This is the bad thing about the internet, people jump the gun, and try to tear down a business before the any resolving can take place.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (rodrez.)

I honestly hope you took pictures of the damage straight off the bat, because the bumper may have been messed up from the get-go. But if it was certified to fit, you should've called newman first instead of trying to get some shop to heat the bumper to fit.

First mistake.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be a little more patient.
Every company will make mistakes. What they do to fix those mistakes, is what really matters.

Old 12-31-2004, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (Slopoke)

and to think i was planning on buying the V2 hood from him...we'll see how this turns out
Old 12-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (Slopoke)

your a *** for calling JDM ****, and newman out on this thread... i would of waiting longer to create this thread.

ive physically been inside JDMSHIT... ive seen newman... he's a good guy, he's straight up, with NEW, and USED parts.

im sure he'll settle this.. its his livelyhood. its his income... he doens't scam people on the internet, he runs a legitiment business. if products were damaged in shipping, he must contact the shipper, and find out the results of a claim, before he can just give away free hoods. try and get any other business to send out 2 hoods, just because 1 might get damaged.

Old 12-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (Built B16A)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Built B16A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your a *** for calling JDM ****, and newman out on this thread... i would of waiting longer to create this thread.

ive physically been inside JDMSHIT... ive seen newman... he's a good guy, he's straight up, with NEW, and USED parts.

im sure he'll settle this.. its his livelyhood. its his income... he doens't scam people on the internet, he runs a legitiment business. if products were damaged in shipping, he must contact the shipper, and find out the results of a claim, before he can just give away free hoods. try and get any other business to send out 2 hoods, just because 1 might get damaged.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well if he's such a nice guy we'll see how this works out..since he's your idol and ****.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well if he's such a nice guy we'll see how this works out..since he's your idol and ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

honestly i do think you jumped the gun just a little on this one... it hasn't been a week since you ordered them and there's been no opportunity on his behalf to rectify the situation. then again maybe there are key points that you may be leaving out... then again, i remember being 16 and wanting to get home from school to make sure i didn't miss my shipment... then if something was wrong, phew i was furious.

honestly, call him up... tell him that you're not satisfied with the product shipped. i'd ask for a return airbill and a replacement product. if there is no resolve THAN post up saying you had a HORRIBLE experience. i clicked this thread thinking i'm going to see some huge 2 page long essay on how they screwed you over... very deceiving title.

i'm all about your situation getting resolved, and hope it does soon... but IMO, and everyone's entitled to that, you should give more time.

Good luck
Old 12-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (deeksmooth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deeksmooth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

honestly i do think you jumped the gun just a little on this one... it hasn't been a week since you ordered them and there's been no opportunity on his behalf to rectify the situation. then again maybe there are key points that you may be leaving out... then again, i remember being 16 and wanting to get home from school to make sure i didn't miss my shipment... then if something was wrong, phew i was furious.

honestly, call him up... tell him that you're not satisfied with the product shipped. i'd ask for a return airbill and a replacement product. if there is no resolve THAN post up saying you had a HORRIBLE experience. i clicked this thread thinking i'm going to see some huge 2 page long essay on how they screwed you over... very deceiving title.

i'm all about your situation getting resolved, and hope it does soon... but IMO, and everyone's entitled to that, you should give more time.

Good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks man..

Because that is the truth.. I've been so excited about getting my hood and bumper.. finally they get here and it's just a big disappointment, I kinda feel let down...I was excited about having a hood that didn't have like 498439 dents in it and rock chips.

I'll get the title of the thread changed..

Old 12-31-2004, 10:04 PM

sorry, but my idea of good customer service isn't that of canned responses and blame shifting techniques...if i spend over $500 on something i don't deserve that bullshit...and what's with all this crap about waiting a month?!?! you must be f'n kidding me, a week is MORE than sufficient to get some sort of resolution started, it doesn't even sound like this seller has attempted to find a resolution at all, i can't believe you all could just sit around for a month waiting for a car problem to get solved, a truley good salesperson will have a problem solved in the least amount of time...a good company doesn't take a month to solve a problem...a good company doesn't blow off shipping problems for the customer to take care of, instead of initiating the claim and getting the ball rolling for the customer...seems to be a lot of you supporting this salesman, so he may very well have great customer service, but it doesn't sound like it right now, that is of course assuming that Jimmy is telling the whole story
Old 12-31-2004, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (xZeler8)

First of all, he's entitled to his own opinion. He's just stating the experience with the company. I see no problem with that.

And "jumping he gun"?! didn't he say that this was his second product from these guys? how many times does he have to recieve bad product till he can complain about their craftsmanship?

This is not just an isolated incident in this aftermarket business. There are way too many of these badly designed and manufactured products that cost an arm and a leg!

PS: I'm 34 years old and even to me, $500 is a lot of money!
Old 12-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope that gets resolved in a hurry, but don't be tossing around judgements so carelessly. It's a good way to have karma bite you in the ***, especially with someone as well known and beloved by the Honda-Tech community as Newman and the JDMSh!t.com crew.

Just get ahold of him and work it out. He won't **** you on this. Take some pics of what you're having issues with and get to communicating. There's nothing that bitching is going to get you.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com'' (VWkila)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VWkila &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all, he's entitled to his own opinion. He's just stating the experience with the company. I see no problem with that.

And "jumping he gun"?! didn't he say that this was his second product from these guys? how many times does he have to recieve bad product till he can complain about their craftsmanship?

This is not just an isolated incident in this aftermarket business. There are way too many of these badly designed and manufactured products that cost an arm and a leg!

PS: I'm 34 years old and even to me, $500 is a lot of money!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't remember anyone saying he couldn't state his experience. But if he's going to bash Newmans business, as a small business owner and friend, I'm going to make my own statements as well. This isn't his website, it's a community, and I'm speaking my mind, just as he is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My horrible experience with ''JDMSHIT.com''