Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my hood is fing stuck

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my hood is fing stuck

yo dudes new here dont know where to post but i dont care im pissed off......well u know when ya pull the lever to pop the hood its not advancing like the hood doesn not open it does not ride up 2 or 3 inches onto the second lever like its supposed to any ideas opening it?
Old 01-26-2006, 04:55 PM

Default Re: my hood is fing stuck (notageek)

bump i need to drive somewhere now!!! im late o btw i dont have a second car!!!!!!!!!! idgaf about cutting anything (like hook and all) i have hood pin/lil mintiure locks
Old 01-26-2006, 04:57 PM

cant take anypics even if i did it would look like a hood closed all the way

If you need to open it now, get someone to hold the lever while you lift the bonnet.

At a later date, oil your latch, and check the cable.
Honda-Tech Member

So you want to open your hood? Well what u can do is under your fender linning on the driver side the hood cable is there, go play with it and see if anything happens

Default Re: my hood is fing stuck (macsmurray)

ok here the expletive it is its a 1993 civic ex front end bad hood doesnt open fenders thrashed(previous owner got in an accident) there is no frame damage trust me when i bought the car it was damaged thats y i dented the hood(i only put lets say 4 dents in it since owned) some1 keyed it which i repaired......its got koenig rated r rims wrapped in kumho ecstas.....pioeneerr rear deack speakers....pioneer deck.sony 760 watt amp with 2 450 12 inch subs(1000 extra)...has euro lights....i will include hood pins with mini masterlocks with keyes...i dyna matted the trunk....5zigen fireball exhaust...fluidyne radiator....intake(looks to be apc)...needs brake pads installed(i have ceramic ones included)....i have a set of jdm sidemarkers which need to be installed.......i will also include a d16z6 bare block.....a set of d16z6 pistons..set of d16y7 pistons...2 cranks..a d16y7 head...2 oil pans..2 oil pickups...a d16y7 intake mani with fuel rail and injectors...many misc engine parts....3 motor mounts extras.......extra sub box....more stuff included including a d16a6 camshaft and cam gear and a d16a6 white valve cover...it has power everything ps,pb,pw,pdl, blackwidow alarm....pwr sunroof..pwr moon roof....automatic 3500 obo

Modified by notageek at 7:52 PM 1/26/2006
Old 01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

intake by the drivers side? r u sure? there should be a latch cable u can pull...make sure when u get it open to oil all ur hood latch parts
Old 01-26-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: (HondaEJ7)

srry i forgot to mention its a 1993 coupe d16z6 i belive the hood latch cable wraps around the passenger side atleast thats what it looked like last time i was under there

couldunt do it tonite ill not go out tonight then im going to rent a car for tomorrow and then going to take the bus that goddamn pieace of rice has givin me so much trouble this is the final straw 1 year straight 1 thing goes wrong everyweekened i had enough im going to buy a camaro which is more reliable(weired huh? american more reliable yes!! it is!!!) i got mad and i started jumping on the hood hammered on it totaled the hood lost 2 bolts i weigh 250sum pounds so u know the hood is gone im going to sell as is 3500 obo socal area im done with it

Modified by notageek at 7:03 PM 1/26/2006

no dude u cant unbolt the bumper because there are 5 bolts u have to remove under the hood

Modified by notageek at 7:16 PM 1/26/2006
Old 01-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cable is on the drivers side.... right by the headlight
Old 01-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (riceburnerryan)

Ask any honda theif, he can tell ya

If you turn your wheel all the way to the left, you should see a cable (encased in plastic tubing) running along the frame section. Jimmy that around, yank if you have to, and that should help.

After you get it opened, if you screw out the spring in the latch, that will help pop the hood with less pull lenth on the cable.

Last resort would be to sawzall the hood
Old 01-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st reply was the right one :-\

Have to have somebody hold the lever open while u pull up the hood with a screw driver or something. It sounds like the latch is pushed in or out a bit, so you can shove that same screwdriver into that latch and bend it either way (until it's basically vertical)....

GL
Old 01-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (notageek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by notageek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">srry i forgot to mention its a 1993 coupe d16z6 i belive the hood latch cable wraps around the passenger side atleast thats what it looked like last time i was under there

couldunt do it tonite ill not go out tonight then im going to rent a car for tomorrow and then going to take the bus that goddamn pieace of rice has givin me so much trouble this is the final straw 1 year straight 1 thing goes wrong everyweekened i had enough im going to buy a camaro which is more reliable(weired huh? american more reliable yes!! it is!!!) i got mad and i started jumping on the hood hammered on it totaled the hood lost 2 bolts i weigh 250sum pounds so u know the hood is gone im going to sell as is 3500 obo socal area im done with it </TD></TR></TABLE>

And all you had to do was remove the screws from the fenders and the bolts from the underside of the bumper the whole time. See, doing this allows you to pull the bumper out away from the core support and reach a screwdriver up to manually release the latch. What you ended up doing - jumping on the hood and ******* things up - is so retarded that had I not just been electrocuted, I would probably flame your *** so bad you wouldn't be able to **** without crying for months.

Well done, problem solver: you get a gold star!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: (bumper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bumper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lmao bump for this losers car...i hate this guy but why would u pass up a great oppertunity like this? i mean goddamn he only wants 3500 for a car that prolly costed more than 5 grand to make damn hes including an engine hows 3400 sound?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Next time you try and make duplicate accounts to try and sell your piece of **** car that you've admitted to physically abusing, try not to use the same three-letter repetition in your false email: it adds a bit more to the realism

******* idiot.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:35 PM

Old 01-27-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: (1SIKEG6)

bump hes having same problem
Old 01-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (pissing me off)

gee i wonder if ur the same guy. i post is enought i belive, both posts reported
Old 01-27-2006, 02:59 PM

Default Re: (CRXified)

need more help they deleted my post wtf ok dudes name some other suggestions (for some reason all i get is a unch of flamers everytime i post) i m serious i go i need help ten some kid goes wtf u need help for dick expletive? ok dudes help me not say my car is gay u refucks if u have no life and camp on the net the whole time talking smack u gotta be a nerd......im asking for help not saying muscle cars are better
Old 01-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (notageek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by notageek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i got mad and i started jumping on the hood hammered on it totaled the hood lost 2 bolts i weigh 250sum pounds so u know the hood is gone </TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe try jumping on it more?!?!

The cable does not wrap around on the passenger side. Its there on the drivers side. But, at this point you could probably just cut the hood off since you've been jumping on it.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Re: (Marauder)

well the car's front end is not all that great dude im not jumping on a mint condition front end the previous owner was in a wreck and i nee a completly new front end so the 16 year olds flaming me for losing my temper on sumthing that is junk and is going to be repalced anyways can go to hell i dgaf about that ****

it does wrap around the passenger side my teacher and i have looked at it and the cable came from the passenger side
Old 01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's a picture of the hood mechanism. It comes down the drivers side fender to the bumper.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:36 PM

cables broke any other soulutions every1 is telling me pull on the cable i pulled it and it came out of the firewall
Old 01-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Find the cable, cut it, and use some pliers to pull on the cable part. Cut the outter housing off if needed.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:49 PM

cable broke off the housing anything else i got the shittiest car on this website i swear i have to bend the front bumper to see the latch i have absoulutly no brakes in the goddamn car now so i cannot go anywhere and the leaks oil which i can not fix because th hood doesnt open goddamn honda

this is the condition i bought the car used in i change oil pan valve cover gaskets...leaks brake fluid....exhaust leak still leaking....need to change out front clip and on top of that the hood doenst open i also need new pads man this is gay 1 minor problem makes a major problem some keyed my car....after im done with all this crap im going to put a carbon hood jdm fenders and a lip on it fix all the problems sell it on here for 5000 if anybody wants it itll be a nice car onece im done restoring it then im going to buy an ls and type r it when im done if any1 wants it

archadius my bumper is damaged i cannot reach those bolts unless u mean pull the entire bumper off

Modified by pissing me off at 5:05 PM 1/27/2006
Old 01-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Unceasing Measure

I already told you how to ******* undo the latch without pulling on the cable you numb-nutt ********. Pull the screws out of the fenderwells where they attach to the bumper, pull the bolts out of the bottom of the bumper where it meets the core support, pull the bumper forward and ******* use a screwdriver to pop the latch.

Goddamn you're ******* retarded.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:13 PM
I cursed out BauleyCivic and got banned

Default Re: (Archidictus)

dude pull off the entire bumper elaborate?

Quick Reply: my hood is fing stuck