Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My Honda saves another life

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Honda saves another life

Hi, this has been a good weekend due to what went down. I gave my '93 Honda Civic lx automatic to my mom about 2 months ago and inherited my brother's '91 Civic lx manual. Before I gave it to my mom, we took off the head due to the water pump leaking and had a valve job done before we put it back together. my brother and I gave it a good going over. We gave it a major tune up, timing belt, water pump etc. this little car had 193,000 miles on it and gave no sign of giving up.
Fast forward to Saturday (yesterday) to the phone call noone ever wants to receive. My mom had been in an accident on I-10 @ Washington bridge in Houston. Her passenger noticed a car coming into her lane ( almost on top of her) so she jerked the wheel to her left and immediately went into at least three 360's then hitting the median.
Anyways My mom and her passenger are safe and sound. Not hurt or anything. She hit the median hard enough to push my passenger rear wheel in and damaged the rear passenger panel enough where the door will not close. Front end damage;passenger side light and bumber busted up. Rear bumber crapped too.
The wrecker guy was the nicest person to come along and help. He actually stayed with my mom and towed the car to a body shop he works commission with so we would not have to pay storage fees. He pretty much said State Farm would total the car.
My question is; How much do you think I would get for it? and would it be worth buying back? I know it has high miles, but that engine was pretty well maintained.
My mom was all worried that she had wrecked the car. I told her it was a miracle she was alive after she described the accident.
thanks for reading and sorry for the long post. thanks for all the help in advance.

cliff notes: momma does 360's on I-10 Houston and hits a median. Wrecker guy states insurance will total car. please read post for more info...
Elmerfudd
Old 12-22-2002, 05:55 PM
poo flinger

Default Re: My Honda saves another life (elmerfudd)

extend your cliffsnotes.
Old 12-22-2002, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Honda saves another life (I cant believe this ****)

i doubt you will get more than a few thou for the car from insurance. i just got through a mess like this of my own, and they raped me. prepare for the worst.
Old 12-22-2002, 06:13 PM
New User

Default Re: My Honda saves another life (elmerfudd)

glad your mom is safe...

bumper not bumber...
Old 12-22-2002, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Honda saves another life (WiZeBaNaNa)

thanks for the replies! Yeah I figured only a few thousand. and I guess I'll be glad to get that with the high mileage on the car. yes it is bumper not bumber!!! he he
Elmerfudd