Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My front end...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My front end...

Ok, so a while back I showed you guys about my "hit&run" situation and how the front bumper was fucked. Well, I took it to the shop and they fixed it blah blah and afterwards the guy said something was wrong with the bumper support or something like that. He didn't really specify. So anyways, my left turn signal goes out in the next couple days so I decided to take a look at the front end as I replace the light. Anyways,here's what I found.

drivers side: dented and holes welded over?

passengers side: not dented but holes welded over?

so with this being the case only 2 bolts hold my bumper support and what's worse is that it's the lower left on the drivers side and the lower right on the passengers side

also my hood isn't aligned and my bumper isn't either...

Modified by takendaily at 6:45 PM 2/15/2005
Old 02-15-2005, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My front end... (takendaily)

thats not cool i would go back and talk to the guy that worked on it.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:31 PM

from what i hear you arent supposed to weld onto the unibody of a car, it affects the structual integrity of it. something to do with heat treating or something....
Old 02-15-2005, 05:59 PM

all they did was order the bumper basically and put it together as well as fixing the hood. but the holes are fucked. i should've done this all myself but have it painted. Maybe I smooth the dent out and grind it down some.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: (takendaily)

not cool
Old 02-15-2005, 08:06 PM

i know i don't know what im gonna do.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would go up and talk to the guy about it and find out what happened. How much did they charge you for this job cuz i'd be shitty if it was a lot.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:20 PM

it ended up being like 300-400 for parts and almost 1000 for labor. ******* bullshit. this is why i insisted on not taking my car to the shop. they didn't even drill the the holes back or try to. my bumper is un aligned and theres a little gap under both my light along with a mis aligned hood. ******* bullshit! i guess im going to do the "real" 99-00 front end conversion with a 00 rad support.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:18 PM

dude, that shop rapped you. why didn't you shop around ?

I got into an accident just a few days ago, and I also fucked up my rad support hood and bumper, even broke my driver side JDM head light. so now I'm using all my turbo money for total body work. new everything with a nice fresh paint of BMW's Imola Red.

it's going to be sweet.
but I'm getting new rad support, new bumper, and new hood.

this guy will do everything right. he has letters covering all his wall from happy customers. and they all said that it was way nicer then expected. and everything looked 100% brand new. and on top of that, he's not that pricey. he's very fair. there was also work paper lying around from towing company with $1000s of dollars that customer paid to get there car to him, just so he can fix it.

I'm really glad he lives 10 minutes from my house.

anyways, go back to the shop and tell them they did a shitty job and they you'll sure for overcharging labor that they never did, since the car is still fucked.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:36 PM

My dad wanted to take it to the closest shop and I told him not too. Seriously, I only trust people I personally know dealing with my car or friend recommendations. I showed my dad how it looked and he was kind of mad but knowing him, he won't do anything about it.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Daniel san)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel san &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude, that shop rapped you. why didn't you shop around ?

I got into an accident just a few days ago, and I also fucked up my rad support hood and bumper, even broke my driver side JDM head light. so now I'm using all my turbo money for total body work. new everything with a nice fresh paint of BMW's Imola Red.

it's going to be sweet.
but I'm getting new rad support, new bumper, and new hood.

this guy will do everything right. he has letters covering all his wall from happy customers. and they all said that it was way nicer then expected. and everything looked 100% brand new. and on top of that, he's not that pricey. he's very fair. there was also work paper lying around from towing company with $1000s of dollars that customer paid to get there car to him, just so he can fix it.

I'm really glad he lives 10 minutes from my house.

anyways, go back to the shop and tell them they did a shitty job and they you'll sure for overcharging labor that they never did, since the car is still fucked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you can afford a bmw shouldnt you be able to afford the body work and turbo
nice bmw

bump for a poor front end
Old 02-16-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: (komat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by komat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you can afford a bmw shouldnt you be able to afford the body work and turbo
nice bmw

bump for a poor front end </TD></TR></TABLE>

where did I say I could afford the BMW ?
I'm just painting my hatch that color