Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My friends civic f*cked up somneone help hurry!

Old 11-19-2002, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My friends civic f*cked up somneone help hurry!

im the friend, my cars is ******* up, when i put it into gear, it just wont move, i know the ball joint on the FR was messed up but i dont know if that could be the problem, it's actually probably the trans. but i sure hope its not, cause im broke
Old 11-19-2002, 12:48 PM

Default Re: My friends civic f*cked up somneone help hurry! (d16y7vtec)

Auto or Manual? A world of difference there.. Is it revving or is it bogging down.. Are there any noises that are outta the ordinary? More info please.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:43 PM

Default Re: My friends civic f*cked up somneone help hurry! (Hadji)

More Info!!
Old 11-19-2002, 05:30 PM

Default Re: My friends civic f*cked up somneone help hurry! (Panda EK)

its a manual.. i think it just revs..i mean it moves but not fast.. i was thinking it was the axle that poped out because i have had that happen to me but i dont know.. he just got the car like 3 days ago to..
Old 11-19-2002, 05:35 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

are you thinking that the axle just popped out or did you look and see if the axle popped out. that's not an easy feat to accomplish unless you're offroading your honda, and even a noob should be able to look under his car and figure out if that's teh problem. you probably burned your clutch out being a retard and now it's out of alignment or glazed so bad that it won't grip your flywheel. check the axles, then when it isn't that, fix your clutch.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:40 PM

Default Re: My friends civic f*cked up somneone help hurry! (Archidictus)

Check the axles, shift linkage and other than that start thinking about the flywheel meshing with the clutch and all
Old 11-19-2002, 05:47 PM

Default Re: My friends civic f*cked up somneone help hurry! (Archidictus)

are you thinking that the axle just popped out or did you look and see if the axle popped out. that's not an easy feat to accomplish unless you're offroading your honda, and even a noob should be able to look under his car and figure out if that's teh problem. you probably burned your clutch out being a retard and now it's out of alignment or glazed so bad that it won't grip your flywheel. check the axles, then when it isn't that, fix your clutch.
first off just becuase i don't sit on the computer and post all the time doesn't mean i am a noob.. i would be able to tell if the axle was out if i could look at it.. i mean he wasn't suppost to have the car out and took it out then this happen and when i got there to look his parents were home so i could just walk in there and look and tell u what is going on..so please don't insult me.. thanks...
Old 11-19-2002, 06:41 PM

first off just becuase i don't sit on the computer and post all the time doesn't mean i am a noob.. i would be able to tell if the axle was out if i could look at it.. i mean he wasn't suppost to have the car out and took it out then this happen and when i got there to look his parents were home so i could just walk in there and look and tell u what is going on..so please don't insult me.. thanks...
I agree, that was kinda foul to insult the guy like that...
Old 11-20-2002, 03:10 PM

thanks for sticking up for me panda ek
Old 11-20-2002, 04:47 PM

no problem!! Someone help this guy out!!
Old 11-20-2002, 04:56 PM

everyone always starts with the worst case senerios, check the little stuff first!
Old 11-20-2002, 05:59 PM

Default Re: My friends civic f*cked up somneone help hurry! (DaddyFatSacks)

hey for sure.. i still haven't had a chance to get over there and look at it.. i just bought some stuff for my car and working a lot..so i will try to look at it on friday then i will let u know what i see
Old 11-20-2002, 06:16 PM

keep us posted!
Old 11-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Be sure the axles are still attached. Although it seems HIGHLY unlikely that they would come out of the tranny or the hub... Jack up the car and make sure the CV joints are still together.

If you have access to a lift or a friend with BIG *****. Get the car up in the air and have a friend below it. Put it in gear and have your friend tell you what parts are moving.

NOTE: I do not claim ANY responsibility for any injury. I highly advise a low ammount of idiocy for this endevour. Chock the back wheels, E-brake on, Both front wheels up in the air. DO NOT rev the engine up a lot.

See if the whole axle assembly is moving, if the wheel and hub are moving, and if the speedometer registers any speed.

If everything seems together and the right stuff moves while it's in the air, Put it on the ground. Put it in 5th gear with the e-brake up as high as it will go. Rev to 2 or 3 grand and slowly let the clutch up. Most likely the engine will not stall. It means the clutch is slipping...

NOTE: I do not assume responsibility for you killing your clutch. Don't do that crap for too long. If you do stall the engine, don't restart and continue to test the clutch. If you don't stall the engine and the clutch pedal is all the way up, Immediately stop, as any hope you have of driving it anywhere is literally going up in smoke.

Check for oil leaks where the tranny and engine meet... Check your tranny and engine oil levels. If either are low and there's oil between the tranny and engine, you've got an oily clutch. Fix the seals, THEN replace the clutch.

There might be an inspection plate on the underside fot he tranny bell housing. If you pull it, you will be able to see into the clutch area. Check it out. If there's lotsa pieces of crap in there, well there you have it, your clutch disc is fried... Clutch disc looks kinda like string in tar, or some kinda dead plant stuff, or something.. I dunno, it's hard to describe...
Old 11-20-2002, 06:46 PM

Default Re: My friends civic f*cked up somneone help hurry! (Pele)

thanks for the help i will try that....
Old 11-21-2002, 05:37 PM
3g6

i would think its clutch flywheel area......