Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My first wire-tuck EG Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My first wire-tuck EG Coupe

Thanks Guys I am going to keep pushing myself to finish up this stuff. I will get back to this tomorrow and try to get at least the back and middle done !
Old 08-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mean to be a troll and flame you, but after all the $ you spent on the harness, wilwood brakes, etc, why in the world are you still using the D16?
Old 08-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by morbius18
I don't mean to be a troll and flame you, but after all the $ you spent on the harness, wilwood brakes, etc, why in the world are you still using the D16?
Don't mean to troll or flame YOU but why are you being a tool? Its his car he can do what he wants with it. You cant go wrong with a clean bay no matter what motor your running.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Trial User

props on the strong work there man
Old 08-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by low91rex
Don't mean to troll or flame YOU but why are you being a tool? Its his car he can do what he wants with it. You cant go wrong with a clean bay no matter what motor your running.
soo true
Old 08-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Trial User

Old 02-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VinhTEC
Sorry guys about the delay in work on the car. I have been busy with school and studying. Engineering is not as easy as it seems to be. Anyways I finally got around to tucking the driver side harness. I loomed it and shrink wrapped the harness. I thought it was going to be a cinch but.............. it was a big b****.

First off I got the harness out and tried to tuck it through this hole were this drain was and guess what...... you can’t use this because the car is a coupe. Well it is a drain for the sunroof and if you block the hole then your car will become a swimming pool. So I had to resort to getting a hole cutter and putting a hole in the car.

Tools needed:
7/8 or 3/4 hole cutter Milwaukee Tools (worked great)
Special grommet for the hole
Drill (preferably a wall socket one for more power)
Primer
Tube silicone
Piece

This is the grommet I used; it is the brake line grommet. I think it is good because it has a gaping hole in the front. I’ll use silicone after I finish, blocking out any leftover gap and putting some on the back to make a solid and firm fit.

See the black thing on the top it is the sunroof drain. You cannot use that so the hole I drilled is marked with an x. On the inside of the cabin make sure you free up the wires and a ground back there or when you drill it will be disaster for the harness. I put a piece of wood back there to absorb the drill and the hole-cutter when it goes through; it worked well. Take your time and drill in make sure it’s the bi-metallic one or you'll find out real fast it won’t cut.

Then you primer the bare metal this way it will not rust. I put some newspaper behind it. Picture is hard to see I am sure you cannot mess this up.

I am test fitting my brake grommet on the hole. It fit kind of loose because that 7/8 hole cutter goes kind of wide as you start to cut. So it’s better to use a smaller one and jam it in there. Next time I do this I’ll use a 3/4 hole cutter.

Oh I forgot one dumb thing. I had some of these JDM side markers and I was trying to get the darn connectors and pins for them forever. I needed to wire this in before I finish the harness and that was one of the things that delayed me. Here is the picture of them. If you’re smart you can figure out how to make USDM stuff look like JDM crap and impress your most pompous JDM homies!

Anyways back to the harness. I am test fitting it here. On The driver’s side the harness is actually longer or exactly long enough to go from the brown connector inside the car C307 to the front of the headlights and to the wipers; it actually is too long for the wipers. Anyways here it is after I figured that out from the test fit. The test fit also shows your where your break outs or splits are where the harness takes 2 different directions. You will need to make marks or zip ties on where you want these to be. I’ll leave that for you to decide.

I apologize in advance, that I did not take more pictures of me actually looming the harness. It is not hard ............ it was freaking difficult (if you are at any point not willing to work hard just tape it and pass it through the body). The looms are like those Chinese finger traps the more you pull the wires the freaking tighter it got, so tight that you could not move the harness. So you have to push and pull and etc. It took me forever about 2 hours to figure it out. The trick is to put something round in the loom like a piece of hose to guide the wires through. That crap is amazing, the loom, it can stretch like 3 times its original size. So with some determination you can make some tight looking looms. I was so engulfed in my work I took one picture. Sorry doodes you can figure this out from my notes. It took me 6 freaking HOURS!!!

Pretty much completed harness.

Ground here.

You have to start from the ends and figure out where your break outs are. Then mark it, loom it and shrink wrap the ends. Then you work from the other side and feed up a larger loom to cover those 2 break outs. Heats shrink the looms together and repeat first step. You will be working from the front to back and etc. You will need to finally de-pin all the harness and mark it or you’ll get lost in your entire work. Write yourself a connector view and wires and number and label colors. It makes it a lot easier.

Finally when you’re satisfied and have your grounds hooked up you can go ahead and feed the wires through the hole. Then feed the grommet through the wires. Plug your connector in and ground the harness. Then you can manage your wires to the front however you want. I wanted the ultra stealth look and fed them through the frame rail. The wiper harness was a b****. Use a coat hanger and cut it and start fighting it up there. It took me 1 hour to get the harness situated. You can the re-pin all your harness and stuff. Make sure you labeled everything or get your Chilton's out. And you’re pretty much done on the external harness side. I still need to extend the wires for the gray plug on the inside that will be tomorrow and tucking the passenger side of the car (not really excited).

I was so tired after finishing I did not take any more pictures it was 1 am. So ill take some more tomorrow and show you what it looks like done on the outside. It’s really clean I am happy I did this; it makes the car so much more pleasing to do it the right way.

You can get all the loom stuff from www.wirecare.com that is what I did.
You'll have to learn on your own what works, order whatever size looms and shrink wraps and experiment it’s more fun that way!!!

Stay tuned guys there is much much more to come!!!!

Great write up man !!! inspired me to start mine im about to order some of this material from the site you mentioned wirecare.com I wanted to ask what material, lenth ,sizes , shirkwrap sizes did you go with ?? there are so many options ? Expandable Sleeving - Tightweave / flame resistant .... i have no idea witch i should get I am doing a b series wire tuck in a eg street turbo car fyi thanks
Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Why did you quote the whole post and pictures?
Old 02-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very nice im inspired to do the same once car is running 100%
Old 02-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice, I can't wait to see the end result.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice
Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I like to see people doing quality work for once! cheers to you
Old 04-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by swapshop
Great write up man !!! inspired me to start mine im about to order some of this material from the site you mentioned wirecare.com I wanted to ask what material, lenth ,sizes , shirkwrap sizes did you go with ?? there are so many options ? Expandable Sleeving - Tightweave / flame resistant .... i have no idea witch i should get I am doing a b series wire tuck in a eg street turbo car fyi thanks
you need shot for quoting the entire post to post an unrelated comment... seriously why you had nothing to say about a specific picture why did you quote all that crap?? waste of everyone's time
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is awesome and definitely an inspiration for my car!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looking real good, will def stay watching this thread. Great job man!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn it was as ghettofied as my car is now!!! I wish you could do this for me haha! Nice work though
Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Why did you quote the whole post and pictures?
I was thinking the same damn thing. Stupid noobs...

also to that other lame *** who posted why do all this to a D16
Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any updates on this thing?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice thread its helping me alot with my tuck
Old 08-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Coming along nicely!!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by morbius18
I bet his engine bay is cleaner than yours.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump!!!
I about to take my engine out and wire tuck, this inspired me to do it my self

I would really love to see how it all came out and how it looks
Old 12-28-2012, 05:49 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TonacoJDM
Bump!!!
I about to take my engine out and wire tuck, this inspired me to do it my self

I would really love to see how it all came out and how it looks
There's an Appearance thread with more than 1,350 pages with plenty pictures to look at.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wire Tucks are legit
Old 01-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by low91rex

Quick Reply: My first wire-tuck EG Coupe