Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My EG hatch got broken into last night and my hood won't close now.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My EG hatch got broken into last night and my hood won't close now.

Hey guys, my EG6 Si hatchback got broken into last night and now my hood won't close!!

What the ******* jackasses did was cut my plastic wheel well and pull out the hood cable and popped my hood.

They didn't take anything but now my hood won't close all the way. I looked at the latch and it looked okay. I can force it to shut but once I put a tiny bit of pressure to open it the hood will pop open.

Also, the cable is super loose now...the plastic piece that holds it onto the rad support is now broken.

What do you guys think could be the problem.

Thanks in advance! Thieves suck!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My EG hatch got broken into last night and my hood won't close now. (dL_EG6)

this happened to me before too when my civic was broken into. They got at it through the wheel well too. I think they most likely cut a piece of the plastic out of the hood release cable assembly, which essentially makes the hood cable stay in the open (pulled) position. unless you can find another solution to fix it, you will have to buy a new assembly.......which is not too much (i can't remember off hand how much it costs).
Old 04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My EG hatch got broken into last night and my hood won't close now. (SouthernCrane)

new latch assembly? or just the wire?

the wire is like 11 bucks..

latch is like 27 bucks..
Old 04-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My EG hatch got broken into last night and my hood won't close now. (SouthernCrane)

I have a similar situation, where the hood doesn't want to latch. I had to push down on a little piece on the latch itself. It's on the left side of the latch with a spring on it. Sorry for the vague description. GL
Old 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My EG hatch got broken into last night and my hood won't close now. (dognutz)

I think your best bet would be to re-route the hood latch cable, because if you replace it what makes you think they wont come back and damage it again..it really isnt hard to re-route it. Just takes a lil bit of time and creativity...my 2 cents
Old 04-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My EG hatch got broken into last night and my hood won't close now. (Battle2.0Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dL_EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">new latch assembly? or just the wire?

the wire is like 11 bucks..

latch is like 27 bucks..</TD></TR></TABLE>

If the wire comes with the plastic "shield" thing around it, that's all you should need. i think you will need part #7 shown here (if you have the same problem as i did): http://www.hondaautomotivepart...+HOOD

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Battle2.0Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think your best bet would be to re-route the hood latch cable, because if you replace it what makes you think they wont come back and damage it again..it really isnt hard to re-route it. Just takes a lil bit of time and creativity...my 2 cents</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, like Battle2 says.......you should re-route it if you can since it is very easily accessible via the wheel well.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My EG hatch got broken into last night and my hood won't close now. (Battle2.0Eg)

that's a good idea..thanks!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So, those ******* broke the cable from the cabin to the hood latch.

There is no tension on the hoodlatch anymore so the hood won't close all the way..

They snapped all the plastic holders for the wire when they were pulling it out..

******* ********!

It's going to be a pita to re-route a new cable and install it.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dL_EG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dL_EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, those ******* broke the cable from the cabin to the hood latch.

There is no tension on the hoodlatch anymore so the hood won't close all the way..

They snapped all the plastic holders for the wire when they were pulling it out..

******* ********!

It's going to be a pita to re-route a new cable and install it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

have fun
Old 04-03-2007, 11:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Battle2.0Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think your best bet would be to re-route the hood latch cable, because if you replace it what makes you think they wont come back and damage it again..it really isnt hard to re-route it. Just takes a lil bit of time and creativity...my 2 cents</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree with ^^ i ran my cable under the fender lining and the nbolted it back down
Old 04-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My EG hatch got broken into last night and my hood won't close now. (blanco617)

i think you don't have an eg6.....