Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my dilemma

Old 03-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my dilemma

Having a auto hatch just sucks .Most of you might say to sell it but this car is very clean(thunder grey with clean body).I already dropped it on some tein stech springs and got some si rims and aem short ram intake(got it for a birthday present).My plan is to swap in a d16 and also change it to manual during that time.People have said that if your changing your car to manual then its going to cost a whole lot but when your swaping its pretty cheap(i sure hope so).

Ive searched but dont have all the info.From what i understand ill need
-d16 engine
-ecu
-tranny
-pedals
Im not sure what else but im still gathering info.I hope this is going to be a cheap project and i hope to learn alot.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:14 PM

Default Re: my dilemma (spoonef)

you can still stick the hydrolic stuff in there for the clutch pedal.. you just need to but the whole thing it has the cut outs for it on the fire wall...you nneed the lines and master cylinder and slave
Old 03-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: my dilemma (spoonef)

I don't think it's cheap... you need the tranny mounts from the donor car and those may not even fit (I know the sell a mount kit for doing just this but I'm not sure if it's only for cable trans).

you'll need the clutch master cylinder (clutch resivoir) and all the hydrolic lines from it to the tranny.

You're also going to need to cut a whole in your nice clean hatch to let the clutch cylinder through the fire wall.

I really think your better off selling it and getting a manual but what the hell do I know.

Let us know how the project goes or doesn't.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my dilemma (NonovUrbizniz)

thanks.Oh boy decisions decisions................
Old 03-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: my dilemma (NonovUrbizniz)

I don't think it's cheap... you need the tranny mounts from the donor car and those may not even fit (I know the sell a mount kit for doing just this but I'm not sure if it's only for cable trans).

you'll need the clutch master cylinder (clutch resivoir) and all the hydrolic lines from it to the tranny.

You're also going to need to cut a whole in your nice clean hatch to let the clutch cylinder through the fire wall.

I really think your better off selling it and getting a manual but what the hell do I know.

Let us know how the project goes or doesn't.
the tranny mount is no big deal, just get a new one to weld on higher or buy a mount from placeracing

clutch cylinder is also no big deal, and you DON'T need to cut a hole in the fire wall, just unbolt the block off plate

the only thing that is a little dificult if you'renot good at fabricating things is where the shifter goes through the floor, but even that isnt that hard

if you are going to do a motor swap, just make sure you get the shift linkage with it, Nows the time to do it if you want to

edit: feel free to ask me any more questions you might have

[Modified by bikeboy80, 11:40 PM 3/11/2003]
Old 03-11-2003, 07:53 PM

Default Re: my dilemma (bikeboy80)

I know cable tranny's arent the greatest thing, but would it be easier to swap to a cable tranny...all you need is the cable...and a pedal from a cable tranny car...instead of putting all those lines..in....just a thought..
Old 03-11-2003, 08:03 PM

Default Re: my dilemma (degooser)

but its harder to find cable tranny's these days.. i still say go to the junk yard and buy it.. and yes the automatics...have a tranny mount that curves upwards.. youd need to get a straight one from a manual and get it welded on... and if you want to stay automatic .. B series.. you need to cut out a small piece of the frame from a integra.. on the tranny side and welded it on your car.. to make it work...
Old 03-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my dilemma (romeo619romeo)

thanks everyone