Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is my clutch toast?...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 11:37 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my clutch toast?...

First a little background...

Master Cylinder went out, replaced it with a new one, clutch pedal felt great but grabbed a little high, I didn't have time to adjust it to normal, This morning put 13" steelies on because of bent rim.

So, I'm driving kinda fast on the highway, and the wheels would spin everytime I changed gears. At first I thought my clutch was slipping, but then realized that if it was slipping the revs would go up, but they went down slowly or stayed the same as the tires spinned. Then the clutch pedal started grabbing really high, with almost no movement between when it grabbed and when the pedal was fully depressed. We stopped at this gas station to talk to some people, then when I went to drive it, the clutch wouldn't grab and was slipping like crazy. I managed to drive home going about 20mph. Is my clucth toast, or does my clutch pedal need some major adjustments? Also, the brake fluid I put in the Master Cylinder reservior said it exceeded DOT 3 and 4 stnadards, I can't think of the name brand off the top of my head. Thanks for any help
Old 02-03-2002, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is my clutch toast?... (MikeTheVike)

u said u didnt have time to adjust the setup after installing the MS..adjust it it spec s..if that doesnt help..better check the clutch