Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My Civic will be sold soon. Dunno if I should buy another Civic...or a Honda for that matter.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Civic will be sold soon. Dunno if I should buy another Civic...or a Honda for that matter.

Mods, if this isn't tech-related enough, move it please. If not, thanks.

Well the time has come for me to part with my POS Civic. After HUNDREDS of dollars worth of repairs, it's running like new. Frankly, I'd rather sell it than risk another thing breaking (knock on wood). It starts publication in the Autotrader tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be sold soon.

Thing is, I'd like something with the badge, but not the paranoia that comes with it. Recent events have made me rethink staying in the Honda world. Like they say, "they always come back..." Would I be back if I bought something else? Maybe. If thefts die down (which I'm sure it won't - F&F2 is coming out soon), I'd re-consider another Honda. I've been thinking of an RSX-S or a GS-R. Hell, even another Civic to possibly go hybrid in (drool).

I've also been thinking about Preludes, MR2s (probably can't afford insurance though), WRXs (see previous statement), Eclipse GSXs, and VW 1.8Ts.

Also, with rising gas prices nowadays, I hope I can afford everything that comes with a new car.

I can't decide.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:02 PM

Default Re: My Civic will be sold soon. Dunno if I should buy another Civic...or a Honda for that matter. (

Man, I say buy yourself a nice car and let it rest for a while. Maybe an older M3, or something along those lines. Just don't shortchange yourself, get a nice car. You deserve it!

Scott
Old 02-21-2003, 12:29 AM

Default Re: My Civic will be sold soon. Dunno if I should buy another Civic...or a Honda for that matter. (

serious.
but yah, my car got stolen a while ago and really realized that i don't have no bubble around me. we're all vulnerable out there and have to take extra care, especially when we're into this kind of hobby.
take carez man and whatever decision you make, i'm sure everything will run swell. everything happens for a reason. good luck!
Old 02-21-2003, 02:02 AM

Just because you get another car, that doesn't mean it won't be prone to problems either. A newer car will most likely have fewer problems, but you had a 93 CX. That's a 10 year old car, so some things on it are likely to break, being that old, and being a daily driver. If you go hybrid, that doesn't mean everything will go smoothly either. If anything, hybrids are sometimes a pain in the *** because if something goes wrong, it's sometimes hard to diagnose the problem. I had a old Dodge before I had my 97 Civic EX...it was a 92 Dodge Spirit, with 155,xxx miles on it and the only thing that broke on it was a alternator belt. It's still in my backyard just in case I have to use it again for some reason. Good luck with your choice though.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i havent driven a honda for over a yr. now..but im still camping around here more than ever..its really hard modding a 3G V6..the upside is im saving alot of money..but the fuel price s are killing me
Old 02-21-2003, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah....buy another Honda....just make sure to make it a 5-speed this time!
Old 02-23-2003, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah...doh!

My friend's GS-R just got stolen the other day, so that kinda made me about Hondas in general.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u said ur car s running like new..i dont see a reason for wanting to sell it other than to have more money..and unless ur going to but a car that still has a warranty attach d ur going to run into the same risk s of out of pocket expense

if though long and hard *really* about replacing my wife s volvo..350k on it..its paid for ..so, i figure if i spend less than 1k a yr on it for repairs *not maintenance* im coming out ahead..even if u buy a new car , ur going to pay alot more than that in 1 yr just in payments

if this is a project u really enjoy and have a passion for..id keep ur civic and spend a few bucks in getting a daily beater