Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my car kissed my girlfriends

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my car kissed my girlfriends

ok so im getting to go ready to go out with my family and i start my car and im trying to pull it out of first gear to go to neutrel and let my car warm up well it wouldnt go come so i put the ebrake down hoping it would let the car rock back and forth well instead it rocked forwarded about 10 feet into my girlfriend rear bumper. Her integra has a small scratch no big deal but my entire hood folded up about 2 inched and the latch was moved back about 1/2 an inch so i cant get it to close... me and a friend looked at it and i assume its the clutch master cylinder and i figured i needa have the latch pulled or that entire part pulled forward.. my front bumper is like 1/2 inch pushed back anyways... any advice would be helpful and what hood should i get? problem is i leave for iraq in 1 week im home visiting my family before i deploy i have until saturday to get this car back straight so i can make it back to north carolina
Old 01-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics would help alot!! You must like on the side of MT everest if you picked yo that much speed.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car kissed my girlfriends (DelSolMarine)

OEM hood FTW

Also, if you're careful, you can tie a rope to the front of your car to pull it out some. Reverse very carefully, and it should bend back. Either do that or use a comealong...
Old 01-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car kissed my girlfriends (parasonic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by parasonic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OEM hood FTW

Also, if you're careful, you can tie a rope to the front of your car to pull it out some. Reverse very carefully, and it should bend back. Either do that or use a comealong...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are definatley from the south! I'm from SC and I have never heard anyone else except my grandpa and my dad say the word "comealong", but yes that will work, make sure you know what your pulling on.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car kissed my girlfriends (parasonic)

i think ima go to a body shop or something after i change the master cylinder and ill just take the hood off... ima just pick up an oem cmc but is there an upgraded one like does the type r or gsr have a bigger or better one than my del sol si... i do have a b18c swap in my car and im gettig a full race kit when i come back from iraq so.. might as well upgrade while i HAVE to
Old 01-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car kissed my girlfriends (p00n)

im from NY and my entire family works the fenceing + guiderail buisness. the word "comealong" is used frequently. and about 5 are broken a day
Old 01-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: my car kissed my girlfriends (pliskin679)

I'm curious - wtf were you doing with your right foot, feeding the gas? In the civics I've been in, they'll usually die in place when you dump the clutch while idling. The ebrake should have canceled out any extra power given by the fitv revving the motor to 1500 rpm.

I would almost guess its the trans, since you can usually pull the trans out of gear w/ or w/o pushing the clutch in. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, or you just paint a picture like a 2yr old fingerpainting with mustard.

My suggestion is to do what you'd do if you were stuck in the desert - tie it down with whatever you have and call it a day. Since you're not in the desert, you could drill a hole in either side of the hood and run tie wire through it and the core support. I had a Shadow I had to do that with (all 4 corners), it worked but giving another car a jump was a bit tricky...
Old 01-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude just buy a big rope from home depot, take the bmper off, tie the rope to the radiator support and the other end to a street light pole and go reverse. It should pull the radiator support back in place, just don't pull too much. And I'll get a CF hood or some cheap used hood from someone, beacause a new hood with paint will cost almost as same as the CF.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: my car kissed my girlfriends (pkdog167)

I think a tree would be better then a light pole. or find a parking pole. I seen my neighbor do this and it worked like a champ. I don't feel safe with the light pole. He might have to by a new roof and windshield and the pole from the city if it falls. and hospital bills too
Old 01-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car kissed my girlfriends (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

Pole !!!

pick of the accident so we can laugh ! lololol.. J/K
Old 01-01-2007, 11:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DelSloMarine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ima just pick up an oem cmc but is there an upgraded one like does the type r or gsr have a bigger or better one than my del sol si...</TD></TR></TABLE> Yes, there is an "upgraded" one. Its made by Omni-Power http://www.omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=132 Good luck with the drive
Old 01-02-2007, 03:22 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DelSolMarine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think ima go to a body shop or something after i change the master cylinder and ill just take the hood off... ima just pick up an oem cmc but is there an upgraded one like does the type r or gsr have a bigger or better one than my del sol si... i do have a b18c swap in my car and im gettig a full race kit when i come back from iraq so.. might as well upgrade while i HAVE to</TD></TR></TABLE>
No, all the OE clutch master cylinders for Civic/Integra/del Sol are the same - they're all 5/8" Nissin pieces. The only larger ones you can get are aftermarket.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car kissed my girlfriends (Targa250R)

ok well i got the clutch master cylinder straight... now im trying to get the hood closed... to answer someones question from before about what i was doing with my right foot... i was pushing the clutch in with it i was just going to get the car to idle so it warm up before i went out... i found a new hood that is black for 189.00 so ima get that but im debating doing the rope to tree idea that sounds 2 risky
Old 01-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

trying to figure out what part i need to have pulled forward looking at it... the hood latch is about 1/2 inch to far back and the same distance is where the auxilary lights are? what part of the bumper frame is this?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone know what the part of the front bumper is that holds the auxilary lights inplace on a del sol?
Old 01-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 01-02-2007, 02:14 PM

it is the radiator support ... its tach welded to the frame.. you can see it if you were to take the bumper off .. but if you want to try This you can i did it before in my old hatch

if u want to pull the radiatior support out a little more you will have to tie a stringh to it in a strng spot on the left and right of it and the the other end of the string to a tree ... (this is the poor way dont do this if you just want to get it fixed but it will striaghten it) then either push it back with a buddy or put it in reverse and try it slow at first . . not guarantee anything and like i said you dont have to do it
Old 01-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know this isn't going to help at all, but I got to get it out of my system.

First of all, how new of a driver are you that you let your car roll 10 ft before you finally reacted (or lack there of)??

Though not even that, why did you let it roll?? That part isn't even clear. Jeez.

Then the second part is...how ******* embarrassed were you? I mean that's like a really stupid mistake and you had your whole family in the car...AND you fucked up both your g/f's AND your car...Like, was it to the point of tears? How embarrassing is that? I can't quite picture it.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:01 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: (Syndacate)

It was obviously an accident.

**** happens.

Let it go.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Targa250R)

i was half way in the car trying to start it so it could warm up..... and with that being said i dont have a hole family even if i did i dont think id pile them all in a del sol... u dont gotta b an ******* either **** happens... i wasnt entirely in the car thats y i couldnt stop it before it hit her car... also her car is fine...

my clutch master cylinder was definitely the problem and that is now FIXED..

now im trying to figure out how im going to go about fixing my hood so it will close... i have to drive to north carolina on sunday.. i found a hood for under 200 bucks that is all black and ima get that cause mine has structural damage it needs to be replaced even though i have bent it back into shape... a body shop said they will put it on a frame puller for 40 bucks and straight it up.. im not hooking my car to a tree to possibly cause more damage... thats just insane... anyone who risks that doesnt care about there car...
Old 01-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car kissed my girlfriends (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think a tree would be better then a light pole. or find a parking pole. I seen my neighbor do this and it worked like a champ. I don't feel safe with the light pole. He might have to by a new roof and windshield and the pole from the city if it falls. and hospital bills too </TD></TR></TABLE>

O sorry, I didn't mean the regular light pole, beacuse I have those big *** light pole around my house lol and that's what my bro did when he hit and run haaha
Old 01-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DelSolMarine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DelSolMarine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was half way in the car trying to start it so it could warm up..... and with that being said i dont have a hole family even if i did i dont think id pile them all in a del sol... u dont gotta b an ******* either **** happens... i wasnt entirely in the car thats y i couldnt stop it before it hit her car... also her car is fine...

my clutch master cylinder was definitely the problem and that is now FIXED..

now im trying to figure out how im going to go about fixing my hood so it will close... i have to drive to north carolina on sunday.. i found a hood for under 200 bucks that is all black and ima get that cause mine has structural damage it needs to be replaced even though i have bent it back into shape... a body shop said they will put it on a frame puller for 40 bucks and straight it up.. im not hooking my car to a tree to possibly cause more damage... thats just insane... anyone who risks that doesnt care about there car...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You didn't mention the half in the car part.

So I have 2 more questions.

One. Did you chase after the car like they did in the movies (all 10 ft) before it hit her 'teg?

Two. What inspired you to disengage the parking brake?

I mean hey, I'm the KING of stupid mistakes, but that just blew me away.

With that being said:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DelSolMarine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont have a hole family even if</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't have whole family either. I have holes in my family .

Ah man, you g2 take it easy, I'm just ******* with you.

I mean don't get it twisted, me and my friend did have a nice chuckle at a car rolling 10 ft into a g/f's car, especially if it's that time of the month, ha.

I'm just ******* with ya in the end though, like I said in my original post, I had to get it outta my system .

Hope you can fix it w/o paying a lot .

With that said I revert back to your posts.

It seems you are having problem with the rad support (therefore the latch) not lining up with the latch (primary or secondary) on the hood.

It's actually funny timing, as I just had the SAME EXACT problem with my friend's Toyota Tercel.

I used my GTI with his e-brake up and a come along tied from the OEM crap pull hitch on my GTI and his upper rad support and pulled the upper rad support out a bit. Dragged his car a bit, but the rad support still came out...just be careful when you do it this way as you don't want it to buckle outward.

As for pulling it up?

Just drilled a few holes in it, screwed a few screws in there, took a slap hammer and bit the top of the screw (old style slap hammer) and pulled it up in a couple places. Finally got his hood to close on both the primary and secondary latch. Was a bit from perfect, but was better than paying a body shop to do it...

Good luck fixing it, and be careful if you're using a car to pull the support out, **** can get dangerous, you'd be surprised how much tq. can get built up, make sure it's wrapped good and secured properly.

No hard feelings man?

Good luck on the fix.