Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 01:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car, an introduction.

Modified by diegoaccord at 1:23 PM 4/18/2005
Old 04-16-2005, 01:11 PM

this is just a theory but im guessing revving a sohc vtec to 9100 with no changes to the valvetrain isnt going to make it last very long(plus what are you going to gain, it would have stopped making useable power long before then) Dont do this to your b16a or it will thank you in a similar fashion to your last engine.

FYI: Unless that ECU was chipped to raise the rev limit, you would have actually been pulling 8400 (the cutoff point for b16a gen1). Factory tacho's arnt that accurate :-)
Old 04-16-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: (mr.sky)

This is a technical forum.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mp5o)

no tech here try this https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=28
and cool apc corners
Old 04-16-2005, 01:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (IC33)

I ordered Visions, but the *** at the speed shop got those in, after showing pics of the Visions on his computer. $50 bucks.... I was pissed. If I wanted that APC ****, I coulda paid like $20. I think he didn't order em, but sent his guys to Autozone and bought em, cause they're right down the street from one. That's also PART of the reasone I don't do bussiness with that shop anymore.

Don't worry, I have Visions now. I need some pics of the wheels, lip, and real corners. I wouldn't have put APC corners on there, if the situation were any different.

Also, that SOHC lasted from about July to January with that ECU. Hell, you can replace D series for pocket change, so why not?

MODS, move thread, please.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (diegoaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by diegoaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ordered Visions, but the *** at the speed shop got those in, after showing pics of the Visions on his computer. $50 bucks.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

haa haa and you thought you could really get real visions for $50 bucks,,, haa haa

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> MODS, move thread, please.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and it always seems to end this way.. when if you took the time to read you wouldnt start out on anyones bad side.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:11 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

Maybe Vision knock-offs, but I wasn't expecting APC!

So, putting this the "wrong" section puts me on everybody's bad side? You see why I registered in 2003, yet am only just now posting...
Old 04-17-2005, 04:44 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go away...

reported
Old 04-17-2005, 06:58 AM

i'm not one of those guys who complains about pointless or off topic posts, but my god man....
Old 04-17-2005, 07:06 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (Littlegreend15)

Let's turn this thread around.

Hatches &gt; Coupes because

They are lighter
They have more potential
They have more room for passengers in the back
You can fit bigger bulky stuff in there
They are cooler

Add to the list...
Old 04-17-2005, 07:07 AM

Default Re: (litterbox)

you forgot that they look better
Old 04-17-2005, 07:33 AM
Electrician

I seriously wouldn't know why someone would want to rev the **** out of their D16Z6 to 8,400-9,100 RPM on a stock block/head. Makes me wonder why the **** people do the things they do these days.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:58 AM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: My car, an introduction. (diegoaccord)

You sir, are a dumbass...

Welcome to the board.. Now read the rules and dont do stupid **** with your car and then post about it like you are proud that you set the rev limited on your stock d16 to 9100... The fact that you did that shows that you have little to no knowledge about cars, or how they work.

So, i suggest that you get a clue and read up on cars and the forum before you mod and or post anymore.

k, thanks.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Gizzo

1. You may believe the story of your car is impressive or unique, which it is not. It is the story of every single inexperienced person that gets a Civic and thinks it's going to be fast with some easy/cheap mods. Civic's are NOT fast cars, they are a good base for a fast car.
2. Making a faint squeal of the STOCK tires going into second gear is nothing impressive. My stock Y8 was able to do that all day with 17's.
3. Hitting 155km/h (about 95mi/hr) going downhill onto the freeway and telling the world about it is actually somewhat sad. It may look cool that your car goes from 60-150 really fast, but you are really fooling yourself and if you are impressing some ladies with this, then it's probably time to find a girl with more than a lone brain cell.
4. Welcome to "Modding your Honda 101", please take a seat.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:07 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: My car, an introduction. (Gizzo)

hahahahahhaha
Old 04-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Electrician

On top of all that stupidity, no matter how much you beat on your car, your temperature gauge shouldn't be that high. I've seen full blown track cars with a REAL engine in the engine bay fully modified and the temp. gauge never moved a hair.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: (Dimi)

i think thats called reving the **** out of an engine that wasn't build for it, and having a puny radiator
Old 04-17-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: (Dimi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On top of all that stupidity, no matter how much you beat on your car, your temperature gauge shouldn't be that high. I've seen full blown track cars with a REAL engine in the engine bay fully modified and the temp. gauge never moved a hair.</TD></TR></TABLE>
If you are at full throttle in the highest gear and go for a long time, your temp will move.
Stupid, but possible.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You give people from Ohio a bad name.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: My car, an introduction. (MikeD718)

ohio gives people in ohio a bad name
Old 04-17-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: My car, an introduction. (slowdx)

I really did not even wanna post to this but i feel since i wasted my time to read it i may as well. Here is a little advise ,before you even think about swaping your new motor in, read ,stay up all night and just read search all through honda-tech and just read because you my friend have know nothing about cars, how they work, and even more so how to treat a car. where did you hear or think its ok to rev your single cam or really any stock d or b series motor that high with no engine work done.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: My car, an introduction. (Rhythm Racer)

hahaha...omg...I can't believe I just read this crap...what a joke...I feel as I though I know less about cars now...What a waste of time...
Old 04-17-2005, 10:37 PM

Something must have been done to that engine to rev to 9100 and not break a rod before it got there. I'd be afraid to take an ITR to 9100 and stock it's 8400. I don't know, just a thought. If the guy has the money to do that to his engines then let him do as he pleases in my opinion.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You picked the wrong place to post about mistreating a Honda.

I was passing this idiot on the highway that was tailgating me, ended up doing over 100 in 3rd, which put me 500-1000rpm past the redline (was focusing on the idiot and not the guages) and I felt horrible for a week and treated my car to a nice bath and full tune up.

I hope you don't think your blatant abuse was funny! I feel bad for your kids and wife!

EDIT: oh before someone posts asking why i had to pass someone if he was tailgating me, it was middle of the night, no traffic, on a 2 lane road where he could have passed, but instead he chose to tailgate me. When road merged onto the highway he continued to tailgate even though the highway was clear and 3 lanes wide, when I started pulling away he passed me and I passed him back...by dropping to 4th...then 3rd... then friend said "holy **** look at your tach" and I looked...then cried
Old 04-18-2005, 04:20 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Damn, the **** I heard about this place IS true! I've been a lurker for 2 years, and yeah, I've seen people get jumped on. Now that I'm actually posting, I see it. Eh, whatever.

Also, I don't see the story of my car as unique, or anything like that. It's a Civic, the now most UN-unique car to have. Besides, it isn't even the fastest car I've owned, it's just what I have now. I like to beat them, **** it. I've had a carbureted Accord doing 8000. I had a chipped Neon doing 7500 on a SOHC with Mopar cam. Whatever the car's redline is, I will surpass it by 2000. It's that simple....Once the B16 comes out, I'm chipping that ****, and I'm hitting 10K with a video. Besides, it's a D series, you can replace that **** for change. If I were in California, they'd probably be sitting on someone's doorstep with a sign "Free SOHC VTEC pick it up"

The video...I explained it already. D16Z6 + 300 lb passenger + shifting too soon = lethargy. I had just put in a P28 that day, and I was trying to get used to the shift points, as you can tell by me rev lmit hitting.

Don't mistake me for a kid who just got his first Honda, and is a googley eyed novice. I have LOOOONG history with other sites, like automotiveforums.com, and have given good info, and help to people. And I've had/destroyed alot of cars. Well, my elitist pals, I'll return to the sahdows...

Quick Reply: My car, an introduction.