Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My car has become slow and gay when it was once fast and cool. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:43 AM
(banned)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car has become slow and gay when it was once fast and cool. HELP!

Ok, in a matter of a day my car went from beating G35's and 350Z's to losing to a stock RSX type S by 2 cars. And from running 9.7 @ the 1/8 with just I/H/E to a 9.9 with the following mods. The motor is a JDM B16a with I/H/E/TB/IM/Cams/Valvesprings/Retainers/flywheel and street tuned on Crome. Now before you ask me to do a compression test and what not I ran 175 all across and I am throwing absolutely no CELs. I am stumped, could my ECU somehow gone out on me or reset itself?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:35 AM
* B A N N E D *

with those modifications you shouldnt be slower.... something is not right and its probally your tune, i would suggest speaking with him as soon as possible to resolve the situation.

Modified by akunamatta at 1:34 PM 6/23/2007
Old 06-23-2007, 09:36 AM
(banned)

Default Re: (akunamatta)

How am I seting a bad example? Id just like to know what the problem could be with my car and you are criticizing me for now reason. If your not going to help please dont reply on my topic.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:37 AM
(banned)

Default Re: (JDM_EK4_Coupe)

If you read properly it was a .2 second loss after all the other mods. And if you ask anyone .2 seconds is a big difference.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:38 AM
* B A N N E D *

figure it out youreself then, or maybe it wasnt tuned right.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:42 AM
(banned)

Well, it went from running VERY GOOD to VERY BAD. And that is what the problem is. Why my car started to run bad and I tried to figure it out on my own and I cant. I usually summon my honda genie to fix all my problems but hes on vacation today so I turned to honda tech for some advice.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:45 AM

wow such love among honda enthusiasts on this site
Old 06-23-2007, 09:46 AM
(banned)

Default Re: (TooManyTickets)

Yea, id just like some input please
Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It wouldn't hurt to do a little tune-up .... plugs, wires, dizzy cap/rotor, change your oil, seafoam it.

If you're worried it's your ECU, open it up and see if you can smell some burnt hardware. You may have popped a capacitor.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:15 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akunamatta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.2 seconds is nothing.... im going to report this and hopefully you'll lose points or get banned.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I did report this and hopefully you get points docked. You're a noob, and I don't just mean new to the site. Start acting a little nicer to people. You don't seem to know enough to be mean to anyone.

To the OP: Don't mind him. Look at his history a bit. No one ever knows everything and in his case it appears he knows next to nothing.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akunamatta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">figure it out youreself then, or maybe it wasnt tuned right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is honda-tech... we're here to help people if he could figure it out himself do you think he would be here?

bit of advice... don't be such an ******* to people it never turns out too well

edit: OP do a tune up like eran said that never hurts
Old 06-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what tires were you running on when u ran the 9.7??? because my car 94 civic with b16a the best i could pull off was 9.9 with i\h\e. but i was on some shitty fourteens or i just suck at driving i had like 2.4 60ft times to
Old 06-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akunamatta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.2 seconds is nothing.... im going to report this and hopefully you'll lose points or get banned.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-23-2007, 10:43 AM
(banned)

Default Re: (sohctodohc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohctodohc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what tires were you running on when u ran the 9.7??? because my car 94 civic with b16a the best i could pull off was 9.9 with i\h\e. but i was on some shitty fourteens or i just suck at driving i had like 2.4 60ft times to</TD></TR></TABLE>

Some Nitto 555R's I believe. I love em
Old 06-23-2007, 10:44 AM
(banned)

Thanks for the back up and input guys. Im in the process of a tune up right now. I'll let you know how things work out.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:47 AM
NMZ
Honda-Tech Member

you dont need a tune up
you need a TUNE from a tuner
Old 06-23-2007, 10:58 AM
(banned)

Default Re: (NMZ)

Thats what I dont understand, my car was street tuned and was running amazing. Then it just started being slow. I checked everything and everything is good so im hoping that the ecu just went retarded or something. Im taking it back in wedsnesday for another street tune then a real dyno tune. Hopefully it'll be the S2K eater I knew it once was lol
Old 06-23-2007, 10:59 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It wouldn't hurt to do a little tune-up .... plugs, wires, dizzy cap/rotor, change your oil, seafoam it.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i can aggree that it wouldnt hurt to replace a few things... however unless something is not working entireley then it will not make a significant difference therefore not solving the problem.

OP: have your mechanical timing double checked (assuming the tuner did it in the first place)... does the car sound like its running alright
Old 06-23-2007, 11:05 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
To the OP: Don't mind him. Look at his history a bit. No one ever knows everything and in his case it appears he knows next to nothing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha atleast i've used a machine buffer when i need to detail a car.... maybe someday you'll get to that point... i admit i have made a few pointless threads but that doesnt outweigh the retarded replies i have gotten in them, you having one of them.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:19 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akunamatta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha atleast i've used a machine buffer when i need to detail a car.... maybe someday you'll get to that point... i admit i have made a few pointless threads but that doesnt outweigh the retarded replies i have gotten in them, you having one of them.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I didn't make any retarded replies in your threads. And what does it matter that I PREFER not to use a buffer? I have used one before. You suck at the stalking.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:22 AM
(banned)

Timings good
Old 06-23-2007, 11:24 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didn't make any retarded replies in your threads. And what does it matter that I PREFER not to use a buffer? I have used one before. You suck at the stalking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i aggree that the reply wasnt retarded... im not sure what kind of exact work you specialize in but from a thread i read it sounds like you do beginner work... im not saying a everyone likes to use a machine but doing so will open a lot of doors in the detail business.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:28 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akunamatta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i aggree that the reply wasnt retarded... im not sure what kind of exact work you specialize in but from a thread i read it sounds like you do beginner work... im not saying a everyone likes to use a machine but doing so will open a lot of doors in the detail business.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm not currently in the detailing business.

And you missed the ENTIRE point of my detailing sticky. It's for DRIVEWAY DETAILERS. People who don't want to spend hundreds on cleaning their car. I try to mention products they can hopefully find locally. It's all HAND DETAILING.

That's okay though, because you seem to give beginner advice so far on everything I've read from you.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:31 AM
* B A N N E D *

and im not in the car business so get off my back because i dont claim to know everything.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akunamatta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i aggree that the reply wasnt retarded... im not sure what kind of exact work you specialize in but from a thread i read it sounds like you do beginner work... im not saying a everyone likes to use a machine but doing so will open a lot of doors in the detail business.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Plain and simple, if you dont have soemthing nice to say, or any technical information to help, please refrain from posting at all.

For humors sake i must post this picture for you.

As for info for the OP, look to getting a general tune up, maybe even a tune. Have the car checked out by a professional, you havent presented enough info for us to make an accurate pinpoint to your problem. You havent mentioned anything about the clutch components. My first guess was that if your feeling that its not performing as it used to, the clutch may be starting to slip, that would certainly cause your car to not perform up to its standards.

Quick Reply: My car has become slow and gay when it was once fast and cool. HELP!