Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my car finally started, now theres another problem...PLEASE HELP...

Old 06-24-2004, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car finally started, now theres another problem...PLEASE HELP...

it turns out that all i needed to start it was ground the injector plug on the harness. car started right up.

so we shut it off to bolt the axles on and put the wheels on. then we started it again to show someone that the car finally started and it started but the idle was low and it almost stalled. so the final time we went to start it, it wouldnt start at all.

it smelled alot like gas and im throwing i believe its code 41, o2 sensor heater. when we crank it, it cranks and starts and dies instantly, or wont start at all.

ive been searching and reading my *** off on similar probs, i came up with some of these options: its flooded, its running too rich, o2 sensor is bad, map sensor isnt hooked, timing is off, starter bad or wires loose, wrong firing order, main relay bad, bad compression.

i just want to hear what your opinions are on what it could be and how to fix it.

car: 93 delsol si w/ jdm b16a in it. thanks again.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car finally started, now theres another problem...PLEASE HELP... (SI_niki)

Well first, it's obvious your o2 sensor is either bad or improperly wired. Secondly, because of this the car would be running rich but I don't think it'd be rich enough to flood it. Although, you did start it and shut it right off a few times, correct? Take out the spark plugs and see if they are covered in gas. If they are, then then there is most likely your answer. If not, then its possible its a problem with the fuel pump since you said the second time it started and then just shut off and won't start again. Leads me to believe your fuel pump is bad or the main relay went.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Listen to see if your fuel pump is priming.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car finally started, now theres another problem...PLEASE HELP... (SI_niki)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SI_niki &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it turns out that all i needed to start it was ground the injector plug on the harness. car started right up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What exactly do you mean here? You physically grounded the wire that the ECU grounds to control the injector??
Old 06-24-2004, 07:26 AM

Default Re: my car finally started, now theres another problem...PLEASE HELP... (EE_Chris)

there was a plug on the end of the wiring harness on the pass. side that wasnt plugged into anything. someone told me it was the injector ground and to cap it off, so i did and it started right up. the fuel pump is definately priming and turning on. and i did turn it on and off about three times, but they were hours apart. so would the o2 sensor make it idle badly and stall and not start then? also i posted this before, the map sensor in my car came cut w/ the new motor and isnt hooked up to anything but the throttle body. where is the plug that plugs into it on my motor? pics below. any other suggestions? the more the merrier!

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg
Old 06-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You do NOT have the MAP plugged up? Get this hooked up asap.

Forget about the O2 sensor...that is the least of your worries right now.

MAP and RPM input are the two main inputs needed to look up a base injector pluse width (and ignition value).

Is your CEL on?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car finally started, now theres another problem...PLEASE HELP... (EE_Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EE_Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You do NOT have the MAP plugged up? Get this hooked up asap.

Forget about the O2 sensor...that is the least of your worries right now.

MAP and RPM input are the two main inputs needed to look up a base injector pluse width (and ignition value).

Is your CEL on?</TD></TR></TABLE>
If your map sensor isn't hooked up, you car isn't going to run worth a damn! or at all? list all your cels!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:52 AM

look at the pic! that plug was cut like that w/ the new motor, its just attached to the throttlebody by a hose. like i said before: WE CANT FIND WHERE THE PLUG IS TO PLUG INTO THAT SENSOR. WHERE IS IT? sorry but ive been asking that for ever now. since that plug came cut, shouldnt there be a plug on my motor or car that plugs into it? where is the plug? or do i have to cut-n-splice it to the wiring harness or somewhere else? no clue. AND the only cel my car shows is 41(o2 sensor heater). ill go check again to make sure.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg

^LOOK AT THE PIC! LOOK AT THE PIC!^

ok, i just checked codes and it just started throwing a code 3 map. weird it didnt throw it bf when i checked. ?? suggestions?

Modified by SI_niki at 1:14 PM 6/24/2004
Old 06-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its time to order a Helms bro. Check my sig for the link.

Your car is a 93 Del Sol Si - came with a D16Z6, correct? Yes, there should be a plug somewhere that originally plugged into your old stock MAP sensor.