Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF

My EG/LS is finally here! 1992 Honda Civic DX with Vogue Silver Metallic Paint (9/10, a little teal showing through from bug spots, and uhh..did i mention the engine compartment is stil teal, i'll get to that eventually). Anyway, performance wise: B18b swap, 2000 Si Transmission (gonna be out soon, very soon), Matrix Intake (yanking for turbo kit), HP Headers (yanking for turbo), HiFloCat, CatbackExhaust, B&M Short Shifter, FuelPresReg-----Interior: stripped tar (I will be picking up 3 cans of dynomat spray in the morning), Spoon Shift **** (real, not knockoff), GSR armrest, CF/indiglo gauges, Sweet CDplayer, rear trunk cover with 6x9 speakers (very nice, bass-y, but don't know brand yet), high dollar alarm with remote power locks, underseat neons (definitely will be taken out), and much much more)-----Exterior : BMW sidemirrors with blinkers, clearcorners (very nice), CRX Si Wheels (gunmetal), and finally the prize.....Neon Wiper Nozzles (can i pay anyone to take these?).
Anyway, I will soon start a For Sale list with the Si Tranny, DX armrest and center piece, and everything that i mentioned would be taken off. the HP headers and Matrix intake will soon be listed, as soon as I install the Spark Racing Turbo kit..so please message me if you're interested before then..
I will spend most of the day tomorrow waxing and condition the carpet, so I will take tons of pictures..anyone want to post them for me?? i don't have webhosting...doh.
Here's the link to the Ebay Auction for this car, and the description he gave..he decided to give me all the extra stuff (not listed in ebay auction but listed above) because he's such a cool guy!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...:US:6

OH BY THE WAY! he has an EF painted dark gunmetal with Rota Slipstreams and b16a2 swap!!!!! the buyer backed out on that auction (he installed both swaps and they weren't his first, but he's getting a new Passat for family so he gave up the scene, for a while PLEASE MESSAGE ME, Though, he's kind ot attached to it, he keeps changing his mind on whether he's gonna try to sell it again..
I can ask him if it's cool for me to solicite he's email address, i don't want to intrude..

Anyway, my car is too fast now, i can't believe i'm going to (more than) double the horsepower!!
Old 09-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF (EGtoDC2)

too much **** to read...

all i have to say is good buy for the price
Old 09-30-2003, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF (EGtoDC2)

good luck with the "de-rice" process... why are you selling the tranny on it?
Old 09-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any rust? I hate rust. I have rust.
I've heard coastal cars are especially prone.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:49 PM

Default Re: My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF (dunkd)

No rust at all! Well, de-rice-ing (or delousing) will give me a few bucks, if i can find an unfortunate soul that wants neons under seats and neon wiperfluid nozzles...

I'm selling the tranny cuz i'm going turbo very very soon. And, from just the 2-3 miles i drove it, it's already a bit too much..after i double horsepower, i think LS transmission is in order. I will find out exactly where he got it and how many miles it had before/after he swapped it. Before i post for sale, i will take it out, moderately clean (external and clean internals well enough to see teeth are still sharp..grrr...
Old 09-30-2003, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well if its got black interior panels etc and you want to strip those, let me know. I'm interested for sure. I need some interior panels to run SM next year. How much you going to ask for the tranny?
Old 10-01-2003, 01:30 AM

Default Re: My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF (ill phil)

nice buy for the price
Old 10-01-2003, 02:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGtoDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No rust at all! Well, de-rice-ing (or delousing) will give me a few bucks, if i can find an unfortunate soul that wants neons under seats and neon wiperfluid nozzles...

I'm selling the tranny cuz i'm going turbo very very soon. And, from just the 2-3 miles i drove it, it's already a bit too much..after i double horsepower, i think LS transmission is in order. I will find out exactly where he got it and how many miles it had before/after he swapped it. Before i post for sale, i will take it out, moderately clean (external and clean internals well enough to see teeth are still sharp..grrr...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Na, don't do that. Just get an LS 5th gear for when u just wanna cruise.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:02 PM

Default Re: My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF (eh6turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eh6turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Na, don't do that. Just get an LS 5th gear for when u just wanna cruise. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, i'll check on the final gear transition. Because, it also depends on what speed i'm trying to finish quarter mile in AFTER turbo install (i'll probably hit rev limiter with LS and Si tranny..)
Old 10-13-2003, 11:35 PM

Default Picture..for now.

http://www.imagestation.com/pi...g.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/pi...g.jpg

if it doesn't come up at first, right click and select show picture, or copy and open in new window

Sorry, i haven't taken any pictures of it yet. It's been raining here for most of the last few weeks, and I don't want to bother taking high res pix until i can do a full 3 step Meguiar system..

Modified by EGtoDC2 at 9:13 AM 10/14/2003
Old 10-13-2003, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow scary buying car on ebay :x good luck hope it came out good
Old 10-14-2003, 12:15 AM

Default Re: My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF (ChrisOnePointSix !)

Well, I've had the car for a few weeks now, i'm just ressurrecting this thread with a bit better pix. I EDITED and added an ENGINE bay shot, check above. It's teal under the hood. Good thing i'm studying in paint/autobody and may soon have my own garage and equipment though it may be 6 nonths before i'm settled into my new place

Yeah, it's a big risk buying on ebay. if you're really serious about it, either buy a nearly new car with warranty or only bid as high as the car would be worth, even if you had to fix all sorts of minor and major stuff. I figured, A decent paint job on a 92 hatch with 150K on chassis=$2000 .. integra LS swap (70-80K miles) WITH AC)=$2000..add extras like everything listed..even if the car didn't run, it would be worth it, i would just have to redo everything..now that it drives great, it takes the fun out of it..ripping apart a perfectly running car..
Old 10-14-2003, 01:25 AM

Default Re: My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF (YZF_R6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YZF_R6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice buy for the price </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My Car Arrived! Finally here! 1992 Civic Hatchback DX with A LOT of STUFF (ChrisOnePointSix !)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChrisOnePointSix ! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOU BOUGHT A CAR YOU HAVENT TEST DROVE OR SEEN IN PERSON?

interesting. hope you didnt get a shitbox. good luck i guess. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah nice car by the sounds of it, can't believe some of you guys get rust on your hatches, i'm yet to see an eg over here in the uk with rust, its unheard of unless its been crash damaged or something...
Old 10-14-2003, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBAY AD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mods include Spoon shift **** with short shifter, Si carbon fiber cluster with tach, headers, full 21/4 exhaust, high-flow cat, GSR arm rest, CRX si rims, fuel pressure regulator, M3 blinker mirrors, very good alarm
</TD></TR></TABLE> LOL... "mods" HAR HAR HAR HARRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr
Old 10-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what would you sell the tranny for if you do decide to go w/ an LS tranny? good find BTW!!
Old 10-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zer0_2_6ixty)

Dang. Got a whole car with a swap for the price of a swap.
ebay