Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My brother's car got spray painted!!! Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My brother's car got spray painted!!! Need Help!

I woke up this morning and went outside to get the news paper, when I notice my bro's civic hatchback got black spray paint all over his passenger door and side skirts.... Is it even possible to take it off?? If so, what??

Please help!!
Old 06-07-2003, 07:49 PM
HAnda-Tech Member

Default Re: My brother's car got spray painted!!! Need Help! (XViEtBoiX)

its PAINT, yes you can take it off but the primer or steal will show.

that sucks, someone must be after your brother or just straight up hates them

you can use scratch remover to remove someof it but it still woudl look bad
Old 06-07-2003, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He going to kill the fagget, when he finds out who did it.... But there must be a way to get rid of it, with out damaging the paint...
Old 06-07-2003, 08:05 PM

Default Re: (XViEtBoiX)

Try wet sanding it first, with fine grit sand paper, but dont push too hard. Hopefully you can get off just the spray paint.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Slow-R)

my neighbors car got spray painted and they just went to fred meyers and got some spray paint removal **** and it came right off...
Old 06-07-2003, 08:12 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (MaKesDaGuRLsWeTT)

Will a clay bar work? You might want to try it. Sorry dude. That sucks.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just buff it out. If you do not have one, take it to an autobody shop. They will have it off in 45 minutes tops.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

use 2000 grit sand paper and very lightly wet sand it, then get something like Meguiars Scratch X and buff it out
Old 06-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dased530)

Clay bar WONT take it off I know that .. dude that really blows ! sorry to hear !
Old 06-07-2003, 08:37 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Dased530)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dased530 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">use 2000 grit sand paper and very lightly wet sand it, then get something like Meguiars Scratch X and buff it out </TD></TR></TABLE>

NOT!

Just use some gasoline. It won't damage you finish and it will take off the paint. DO NOT listen to these kids saying to sand your car.

Gasoline or paint thinner will take that rattle can paint right off....go NO other way...

UNLESS you have done so from experience, DO NOT SAY SO. Too much "do this" and "I heard this", and "I guess you should do this".

Yeah sure, wet sanding will work, but that's just a waste of time. Not only will you be sanding through the spray paint, but also the original finish....don;t
Old 06-07-2003, 08:41 PM

Default Re: (Emerika)

"DO NOT listen to these kids saying to sand your car"

Emerika, Your a moron. My first job was as a detailer for honda. Why the hell would you EVER tell someone to use Gasoline? Not only could you possibly take off your paint job but you will definately weaken your clear coat if not eat away at it all together or could even stain your clear coat. Meaning if a bird happens to take a dump there will be NO Way to fix it, cause you have no clear coat.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

NOT!

Just use some gasoline. It won't damage you finish and it will take off the paint. DO NOT listen to these kids saying to sand your car.

Gasoline or paint thinner will take that rattle can paint right off....go NO other way...

UNLESS you have done so from experience, DO NOT SAY SO. Too much "do this" and "I heard this", and "I guess you should do this".

Yeah sure, wet sanding will work, but that's just a waste of time. Not only will you be sanding through the spray paint, but also the original finish....don;t</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have done this many times and it works very well but I recomend for you to polish and wax it after.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Default Re: (CRintegreX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRintegreX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have done this many times and it works very well but I recomend for you to polish and wax it after.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yeah. Once you throw gas on there...you're taking off ALL of the wax. So waxing afterwards is a must.

And don't apply a lot of gas/thinner. Dab a rag with a little, and rub out the paint. It should come off with the chemicals and very little elbow grease. Use a clean towel and wipe off access fluids
Old 06-07-2003, 08:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slow-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"DO NOT listen to these kids saying to sand your car"

Emerika, Your a moron. My first job was as a detailer for honda. Why the hell would you EVER tell someone to use Gasoline? Not only could you possibly take off your paint job but you will definately weaken your clear coat if not eat away at it all together or could even stain your clear coat. Meaning if a bird happens to take a dump there will be NO Way to fix it, cause you have no clear coat. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah it does weaken the clear coat but if you sand it you have the chance of totally removing the clear coat and then damaging the base coat. Try using mineral spirits when you get the majority of the spray paint off.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRintegreX)

use goof-off or any kind of paint thinner. it will pretty much intantly take off the spray paint. paint thinner takes FOREVER to strip automotive paint. so you are good to go. skrew sanding, clay bar, or anything like that. just splash some goof off on that neezy fo sheezy.

and to humor emerika on the "dont say anything if you don't have first hand experiences" i used goof-off to remove the glue when i shaved off my civic and cx emblems. i also used goof off to get hosue paint off the fender of my old car when i backed into my garage wall both surfaces look good as new
Old 06-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I've had some slight spray paint overspray hit my car. With a rag and dab of acetone it came right off and didn't even damage the clearcoat..... and this was on the inside of the car where the clear coat was thin. Keyword as Emerika said- dab it on the rag and very sparingly.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Solbros Owns Me

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slow-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"DO NOT listen to these kids saying to sand your car"

Emerika, Your a moron. My first job was as a detailer for honda. Why the hell would you EVER tell someone to use Gasoline? Not only could you possibly take off your paint job but you will definately weaken your clear coat if not eat away at it all together or could even stain your clear coat. Meaning if a bird happens to take a dump there will be NO Way to fix it, cause you have no clear coat. </TD></TR></TABLE>

SlowR- you're a ***

I don't care what you did. I doubt this kid knows how to use a Makita polisher without burning through his paint...this is the easiest thing and I've been doing this for years. Me and my Dad do parking lot striping in the summers, and when we get paint on his or my truck, we use some Tolulene, and it comes right off without damaging paint.

Automotive paint is far superior to Krylon paint which doesn;'t even contain lead. Shoot, even carb cleaner will remove the Krylon and not even phase the finish.

Edit- forgot I had to be tough and add in, "moron"
Old 06-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Default Re: (Chris y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">use goof-off or any kind of paint thinner. it will pretty much intantly take off the spray paint. paint thinner takes FOREVER to strip automotive paint. so you are good to go. skrew sanding, clay bar, or anything like that. just splash some goof off on that neezy fo sheezy.

and to humor emerika on the "dont say anything if you don't have first hand experiences" i used goof-off to remove the glue when i shaved off my civic and cx emblems. i also used goof off to get hosue paint off the fender of my old car when i backed into my garage wall both surfaces look good as new</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used goof off as well on my stickers. Works great
Old 06-07-2003, 09:04 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

personally id buff it with pre wax cleaner, then wax it up
Old 06-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some of his friend's said, nail polish will work and not take off the paint or clear coat.. He will try it tomorrow in the morning.. hope that shiet goes off!! Thanks for all the replies too..lolz, ya argueing over how to get paint off, that is hilarious..haha
Old 06-07-2003, 09:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slow-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Emerika, Your a moron. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not only was this rude...But you can't even spell correctly.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Default Re: (XViEtBoiX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XViEtBoiX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some of his friend's said, nail polish will work and not take off the paint or clear coat.. He will try it tomorrow in the morning.. hope that shiet goes off!! Thanks for all the replies too..lolz, ya argueing over how to get paint off, that is hilarious..haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

you know how we do. Everybody else is dumb if they don't agree with you...lol
Old 06-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And my bro's car look like that picture on slow-r's icon.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr. ThunderLips)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. ThunderLips &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not only was this rude...But you can't even spell correctly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well technically he did spell it right, your a moran!
Old 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM

Default Re: (Chris y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well technically he did spell it right, your a moran!</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Your" meaning possesion? His moron?

Quick Reply: My brother's car got spray painted!!! Need Help!