Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my black ej1

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my black ej1

hey everyone. i come on here alot, i just havent really set up my username much yet. i got this car just before last winter. it was all stock when i got it except for some blue konig wheels i got rid of. 93 ex 90k. tell me what u think
Attached Images     
Old 06-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my black ej1

I know it sounds weird, but I love the tan interior in the coupe. I have no idea why.

It may have something to do with the amount of effort that black interior requires to keep it from looking like crap.

Any plans for paint or other mods?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im thinkin for paint im just gonna get like a flat/mirror black. black with the tan interior looks dope, in my opinion. im hoping to get some gsr blades and polish them up for my nice weekend wheels. im trying to keep everything on the body/interior as stock as possible, unless i find something that matches the tan really good. im waiting to find a good deal on a b17 that i can rebuild and throw in it. but for now im content with the z6. its enough to have fun and i get killer gas mileage. im thinking im gonna get rear disc and slotted rotors to match the front sometime soon, the drums are startin to make noise lol. i forgot to mention up there i have a parking pole too, on the opposite side so its actually functional in the US
Old 06-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just recently performed a rear disc swap on my coupe. The drums were worn out in every way possible, so doing the swap cost me about the same as replacing the shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, cables, etc.

Plus, I have the added benefit of working on a disc brake setup if anything fails in the future, which I prefer over drum brakes any day.

Any particular reason why you are looking for the b17 as opposed to a more common B16 or B18?
Old 06-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice another guy from wisconsin, and in the 608, pretty sweet. are there any links for a how to on the drum to disc conversion? z6 is a nice little engine, i like mine alot, but im looking for a b16 or b18 to swap in when this one goes out haha. kinda hard to find a nice one over here in germany.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, I think it's awesome that you still have the factory radio.

I love how you put the sunroof switch on the right side with the rear defroster, so you could fit the coin pocket on the left. I'm thinking of doing that because it looks really cool and I don't use my cruise and I have no fogs, but what do you use the coin pocket for?

But where hell is your light dimmer thats usually in the middle on the left side? You need that plugged in for the climate control lights to work!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dekorum
but what do you use the coin pocket for?

!
JDM'ness....LoL. To be set aside from all the others.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, I think it's awesome that you still have the factory radio.

I love how you put the sunroof switch on the right side with the rear defroster, so you could fit the coin pocket on the left. I'm thinking of doing that because it looks really cool and I don't use my cruise and I have no fogs, but what do you use the coin pocket for?

But where hell is your light dimmer thats usually in the middle on the left side? You need that plugged in for the climate control lights to work!
Doesn't look like factory radio to me...
Old 06-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ca-rs
Doesn't look like factory radio to me...
You are right, it is not "the" factory radio, but it is A factory Honda unit. I noticed that as well.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're right, it's not the factory head unit. I thought it was, my bad. It might not even be a Honda unit, maybe though. It just looks plain so maybe an old after market unit, haha.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im looking for a b17 for a couple reasons. its out of a similar year gsr, so i think that would be kinda cool. plus, not that many people have them. i try to keep things a little different than everyone else, so a b17 would do good.

i use the pocket on the left for my cell phone it fits perfect. i just took the dimmer switch out of the housing, set it where i wanted it and tucked it behind the pocket. it fits and i can just pop out the pocket if i wanna adjust it. and to put my sunroof switch on the other side i just had to extend the wires over to it

it is a stock honda head unit, out of an ek hatch. i wanted a stock honda hu to go with the stock feel, but the eg ones didnt have a cd player. so i got this one from my buddy out of his bone stock ek. i also got ek tweeters to go where the side mirror covers were
Old 06-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome. I had a feeling that is what you did with the dimmer switch. By extending the wires you mean cutting and soldering new wire right?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90civichb
I know it sounds weird, but I love the tan interior in the coupe. I have no idea why.

It may have something to do with the amount of effort that black interior requires to keep it from looking like crap.

Any plans for paint or other mods?
Holy **** I was going to say the same thing. I like the tan better because everyone has black or grey interior.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome. I had a feeling that is what you did with the dimmer switch. By extending the wires you mean cutting and soldering new wire right?
yeah then i just tucked them up into the dash above the steering column and did it again at the switch. i had the cluster and everything out putting in the new one so i just did it then and it made it easier
Old 06-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love how you put the sunroof switch on the right side with the rear defroster, so you could fit the coin pocket on the left.
You beat me to that! I don't know if I could get used to that. It's whacked,,, but somehow I kind of like it.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

interior and complete dash are the sheeeet!!...what r ur plans for it..
Old 06-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by em1effekt
interior and complete dash are the sheeeet!!...what r ur plans for it..
pretty much just driving it for now until i get more cash money to throw into the brakes and suspension. ive pretty much done everything to the interior that i can really think of or want to do. i wrote everything down that ive done in my garage thing lol.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice ride, pimp it out.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by drod
yeah then i just tucked them up into the dash above the steering column and did it again at the switch. i had the cluster and everything out putting in the new one so i just did it then and it made it easier
True that. I think I'm going to do the same thing soon.

For the dimmer switch though, since most people put it on max brightness anyway you can just put a jumper in the switch harness that goes from the black wire to the red wire and that way you won't have to tuck away the entire switch. I also heard that it makes the dash lights a tad bit brighter than when on the max setting.

Where is the best place to buy the coin pocket? Does anyone sell it new or can you only get it used off a JDM EG6?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

True that. I think I'm going to do the same thing soon. For the dimmer switch though, since most people put it on max brightness anyway you can just put a jumper in the switch harness that goes from the black wire to the red wire and that way you won't have to tuck away the entire switch. I also heard that it makes the dash lights a tad bit brighter than when on the max setting. Where is the best place to buy the coin pocket? Does anyone sell it new or can you only get it used off a JDM EG6?
do you know how you would make it work without the dimmer switch, but not always be set at the brightest? i have mine like half way turned up maybe, the amber dash doesnt look too amber anymore if its up all the way lol. And im pretty sure i got mine new. Whenever i look for parts i just google what im lookin for so it searches like the whole internet for me. I know it was cheap though lol and honda is stamped into the plastic so it could be used, looks new tho
Old 06-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you remember what site you got it from?

And I do not think its possible to not set it at the brightest without having the dimmer switch hooked up. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I can't imagine mine not at the brightest setting, it would be WAY too dim. These old *** cars need all the brightness they can get, IMO.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont remember exactly what site i got it from, i wish i could. i dont really have to set mine all the way bright the amber turns like yellow almost if i do lol.

i took a couple more pics today
Attached Images     
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i like ur style with the acura wheels
Old 06-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The tan is nice but personally, only if the exterior is white.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:51 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Reyracer19
The tan is nice but personally, only if the exterior is white.
White, green or black.

Digging the cluster as well.

Quick Reply: my black ej1