Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My B18 Thunder Grey Eg Build

Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My B18 Thunder Grey Eg Build

Heres my Eg In Grey got it with 12 months mot, it has the 1.6 d series single cam but i decided to go for the more tunable and powerful b series its my first honda but iv got a very good friend who donated the engine out of his civic jordan with 52,000 miles dc sports manifold, skunk2 valve springs and retainers and camshaft oil seals, cometic 3 layered head gasket integra type-r flywheel and clutch, and integra type-r cams, was dyno'd before it came out at 182bhp, the conversion is still under way but here are a few piks of the build up i plan to do ALOT more as im becoming more facinated by hondas, feedback please as would like to know if iv made the right decision cheers
My Eg Awaiting coilovers

9Am Putting the new valves in

Camshafts In

Concentration From my mechanical friend

Doner car in the background and the owner in the picture soon to have a B18C with lots of extras on it

Gearbox on and ready to be mounted into my Eg will get some pics up when the conversion has finished

Feedback please cheers guys :D

Since last updating come across minor few hiccups which involved mounts etc but nice to know there all sorted now, my block inlet exhaust are all sprayed and iv just fitted my new cambelt so this is how its looking at the minute, more pictures to come once its all in

So today i spend a total of 12 hours on my engine heres a few pictures to show how i got on, i had a good friend helping me which made things alot easier as im no mechanic, just awaiting a rear eg vti engine mount which is desperatly needed so if reading this and you know anybody with one please let me know, but apart from that its all gone prettty sweet, had a bit of luck when i got given a itg wiring loom and all the connecters fit so thats made me happy heres a few pictures of the day

My drive which is a complete mess and you dont understand the grief i get off my old dear

Just after fitting on both manifolds andmy belts

Close up

Ready to be dropped into the eg

After a 1HOUR struggle we finally lined her up and bolted her in!

Side view induction kit is awaiting fitment

So thats all for now, tommorrow wiring should be fitted along with gear linkages and exhaust hope all goes well cause i sure cant wait to here the sound of VTEC for the first time ( it being my first honda that is and my first engine conversion :D )

Tell me what ya think ppl cheers dudes liam

So i have done some cosmetic work since the last set of pictures, gave her a little bit of a clean, smoothed and resprayed both front a rear bumpers, de-wipered rear window, only thing left for me now is to install the suspension which is currently being delivered from ebay, so heres a few pictures of how she stands at the moment

Front bumper off

Bumper on Smoothed from them horrible holes honda drilled

Engine Shot With new bumper

Rear bumper resprayed And smoothed

The exhaust is going dont worry its way to big for my liking

De-wipered rear boot

B16a2

So here it is for prob a week or so until it gets lowered and given a propa wash n wax :D its my first spray job so let me know what you think and if it looks ok! cheers guys liam

few more pics of it lowered

Decided to fit a bucket seat to my car only on the drivers side tho as my friend had the other one, they were laying about in his shed so it gave us something to do for the day lol

[IMG]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7996/beaumont162.jpg[/IMG

right so little update people!
bought a complete b18c4 block with what looks like and have been told is an f1 racing clutch and lightened flywheel which is 4.4kg, me and my mate hondavtec started stripping it last night to reveal a golden eagle crank girdle to my mates disbelief i dint realise what it was lol, so iv bought civic type r pistons with all bearings gaskets seals etc, also have 96 spec integra cams and dual valve sprigs to fit. going all out on this block cause ma mate has told me to get the best out of it, its an option to bore the block to suit 81.5mm ctr pistons but not too sure on that, going for a high compression build similar to jondoggs just with different pistons and he made 205hp with 150ft which is ****in awesome!, my head has already been fairly tuned with high comp skunk2 valves after iv fitted teg cams imlooking and the newly built c4 block im takin it to the dyno to get a map, anyone know of any amazing jap tuners? will get pixs upof new block asap!

another little update, stripped entire block pistons rods crank oil pump literally everything apart from oil squirters ready to be honed and skimmed ready for ctr pistons, having my crank re ground and balanced, all done by my close mate ash ( hondavtec )

so after 2 months my pistons finally turned up!! while i was waiting for them i bought a import dc2 inlet manifold hondata s200 and other bits such as bearings gaskets waterpump oil pump etc,

My B16B pistons which will be sent away after xmas to get mated to my b18 rods

Little update... heres how she stands at the mo!
my b16a2 will be gettin ripped out this weekend ready for the b18 to go in

Heres a shot my my engine! b18c4 block B18C ITR Head and EK9 CTR Inlet

Heres my ACL race bearings full engine rebuild kit

comments plz guys just joined from civiclife.net and i feel i need to get on some more forums.. so i chose yours :D
Old 01-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My B18 Thunder Grey Eg Build

Looks really good :D
Old 02-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what happened here? was looking good..
Old 02-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Trial User

looks good, but honestly i wish i had the cash to be swapping motors constantly like that, cause i would have just went with a k20.lol
Old 10-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Trial User

Would i be able to do this in a 2005 Honda Civic LX Sedan????
Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks hella good bro